Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.8: Fourth Anniversary!

123 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,116 posts
15,103 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Just reset all lines in research bureau :Smile_trollface: Then its only the premiums you have to play

No, thanks! I'm not gonna reset four years work just to get a quick gift. I'll start with my 24 T10s and then work my way down.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Good…...good…..the only thing I have on my mind right now is "New "Snowflakes", I have 264 ships in port...…….it's gonna be a looooong couple of weeks." (First world problem, I know."

Damn mate.. Put fridge in computer room, insert catheter and let the game begin!!! :Smile_veryhappy: 

Joke ofc...

 But I thought that my 75 ships are much.. Yeah.. No.. :fish_panic:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
792 posts
11,186 battles

This is a really huge update, and a good step forward.

 

Particularly the unification of the game day start is a small QoL change people have been asking for.

 

I'll be saving my Coal for Thunderer next, and wondering when on earth I'll be able to afford Salem as I still have the Freedom Camouflage waiting for her in my inventory!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
7 posts
11,328 battles

Happy birthday WoWs

 

Birthday treats are very nice (if going to be long time to get) but the Thunderer being available for coal is disappointing as it's effectively something that already existed as in a tech tree. I was quite looking forward to unlocking it via the normal route. Why make it coal when Smolensk (and Yoshino and Georgia) have only just been released? it's ~750k coal in 3-4 months, seems a bit much.  

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

This is a really huge update, and a good step forward.

 

Particularly the unification of the game day start is a small QoL change people have been asking for.

 

I'll be saving my Coal for Thunderer next, and wondering when on earth I'll be able to afford Salem as I still have the Freedom Camouflage waiting for her in my inventory!

I was also excited aboot it, but I was looking at NOTSER-S video about Thunderer, and I was dissapointed... IDK if it was in the meantime buffed, because video is an MONTH OLD, but still.. 

Dont get to hasty, look arround, sniff an bit for other ships... I have Salem, and Smolensk, and I absolutely adore them... In Clan Battles for 90% of time I play only Salem, and Smolensk is just wow.. OP as ***k, but we shouldnt mention that a lot so they dont nerf it :D 

:cap_rambo: btw this is how I feel when I play them two.. ;)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,116 posts
15,103 battles
6 minutes ago, PiXiE93 said:

I was also excited aboot it, but I was looking at NOTSER-S video about Thunderer, and I was dissapointed... IDK if it was in the meantime buffed, because video is an MONTH OLD, but still.. 

Dont get to hasty, look arround, sniff an bit for other ships... I have Salem, and Smolensk, and I absolutely adore them... In Clan Battles for 90% of time I play only Salem, and Smolensk is just wow.. OP as ***k, but we shouldnt mention that a lot so they dont nerf it :D 

:cap_rambo: btw this is how I feel when I play them two.. ;)

This one is Three days old.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
792 posts
11,186 battles
17 minutes ago, PiXiE93 said:

I was also excited aboot it, but I was looking at NOTSER-S video about Thunderer, and I was dissapointed... IDK if it was in the meantime buffed, because video is an MONTH OLD, but still.. 

Dont get to hasty, look arround, sniff an bit for other ships... I have Salem, and Smolensk, and I absolutely adore them... In Clan Battles for 90% of time I play only Salem, and Smolensk is just wow.. OP as ***k, but we shouldnt mention that a lot so they dont nerf it :D 

:cap_rambo: btw this is how I feel when I play them two.. ;)

Because RN Fanboy here, and Thunderer will be the highest Tier available Reward ship for the Royal Navy for the foreseeable future, so she's a bit of a 'must have' for me, even if she's Mehbote. I can still take her out for a spin in co-op for some easy creds and elite commander XP. :Smile_honoring: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
Just now, DanSilverwing said:

Because RN Fanboy here, and Thunderer will be the highest Tier available Reward ship for the Royal Navy for the foreseeable future, so she's a bit of a 'must have' for me, even if she's Mehbote. I can still take her out for a spin in co-op for some easy creds and elite commander XP. :Smile_honoring: 

Well, when You say it that way, that is then an good reason :cap_win:

 

14 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

This one is Three days old

When I see that big caps AWESOME in title, then it has to be something good.. :cap_cool:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
240 posts

Looks like a nice 4th anniversary.

 

But one thing @Sehales @MrConway @Crysantos, It was alluded to on a live stream that the Jingles commander would come in 8.8, but so far no mention of it. Will we get to see the mighty saltmine overlord, or do we have to wait some more?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
46 posts
5,482 battles

I have to say im a little annoyed that Conq is losing the 457s i understand why or Thunderer would not have too much of a point but it is the fact that i ground out Conqueror and the 457s and that is the way i like to play, So now for this change it means i will have to spend 252K Coal just to get the ship with the guns i liked to play.

 

The 35K free XP is nice to get in return but free XP will not help us get the Thunderer and it also strains the already strained Coal Supply because now i will have to decide if i want the Yoshino that i was saving for or save for a Ship that i used to have something similar to. I know this might be seen as a bit much but it might have been nicer for instead of the Free XP and the Credits to get some coal instead due to if you want the 457s you need even more Coal.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,313 posts
1,653 battles
1 minute ago, Otowi said:

Looks like a nice 4th anniversary.

 

But one thing @Sehales @MrConway @Crysantos, It was alluded to on a live stream that the Jingles commander would come in 8.8, but so far no mention of it. Will we get to see the mighty saltmine overlord, or do we have to wait some more?

We will share news as soon as we can, but right now, there is nothing we can share. IIRC some voice lines had to be re-recorded, which delayed the whole process by quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
384 posts
9 minutes ago, Sehales said:

IIRC some voice lines had to be re-recorded, which delayed the whole process by quite some time.

Nevermind... just take the original tracks and scramble them randomly. -> E.g. Mogami gets a paddlin' -> "You have sunk an enemy battleship" ...and cover any lo-fi noise /w cat sounds...  XD

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
240 posts
20 minutes ago, Sehales said:

We will share news as soon as we can, but right now, there is nothing we can share. IIRC some voice lines had to be re-recorded, which delayed the whole process by quite some time.

Damn, what a shame, was looking foreward to the overlord commander... Oh well, maybe next patch...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
18 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

no discounts for ships? 

Cmon.. I am toxic and cheeky.. but you got free super containers and gift containers.. and 25% coupon for dubloon ships... 

Give them couple of days till they anounce something new that we arent satisfied so we can be rude about that, at least for this give them applause and cheer, at least congratulate them on their B-DAY :)

:cat_cool: :crab:

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
5 posts
12,430 battles

Happy Anniversary!..............Now can Eu players get the French tokens that they earned .................thx.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
169 posts
9,341 battles

Congratulations @wargaming indeed! Thanks for the load of ships I have to re-run, now for amazing gifts and not just "tokens" :-). Really appreciated.

 

On T9 Alsace and would love to get a SC once I get Republique, even if it is a regrind. Was expecting the Ohio to be around that price point, not sure if I want that or the Colbert. Time will tell as you now have Thunderer that occupies the same slot (457)... Well, looking forward to this.. REALLY

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
124 posts
5,126 battles

Hi there!

I wish all the very best for the wows team, it was a blast all these years!
 

But I do have a question: Naval Aviation container is comming to armory tommorow, but on the News portal it doesn't say it has the chance to drop prem CVs as it did before? Did that change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,313 posts
1,653 battles
25 minutes ago, Sigmar83 said:

Happy Anniversary!..............Now can Eu players get the French tokens that they earned .................thx.

 

As announced, we will only be able to credit missing tokens after the release of 0.8.8. It takes a bit of time to filter through data and make sure that nothing is wrong (again).

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Happy Birthday WG! Nice event and all (may need to come back to at least grind the Containers).

 

BUT....

With that note:

 

The Liquidator achievement will no longer be available. But all previously earned achievements will remain on players' accounts.

 

I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.... :Smile_sad:

A very sarcastic person would strongly inquire about the reasoning of that change. It can't be because of the flooding nerf errr BUFF because BBs now don't instantly repair those (as they do less damage now) right? RIIIIGHT?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×