You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.8: Fourth Anniversary!

123 comments in this topic

Players
384 posts

Happy birthday, congrats + all the best for the future!

Foremost, to 'The Game', to everyone involved @, or /w WG,  - and last, but not least to everyone in this community crazy enough to keep this thing going by playing (and help improving) the game for years.

Ok.. umh... now, lemme see...

- most important thing first [  ]

- hold back ironic comment reg. visuals vs efficiency [  ]

- don't look in gift horse's mouth before even arrived  [  ]

- ok...  've got everything else √ 'ed off...                        [  ]

Yes, now it's ok, i guess... 

AAAAAaawwwwwww.... cat content... i can haz camoz now plz!   =^.^=  

• Cool 3

[WTFNO]
Players
541 posts
9,245 battles

The coupon for doubloon ships in armory is really nice.

However, regarding the moving of many premium ships from the tech tree to the armory:

do we get now the option in the armory to NOT purchase a port slot with the ship,

or does it basically mean you are increasing all doubloon prices by 300 ?

• Cool 5

[RONIN]
Players
78 posts
17,033 battles

ı have quescıons :

each 1000 battles gıft not thıs year ???

any dıscount premıum shop or shıp slots ?

tnx for gıfts and happy annıversary WG

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles

As much as I was toxic for couple of days on forum, but WG WOW... You really surprised me with those supercontainers and gift containers. I have surely arround 40 tier 8, 9, and 10 ships so I shall have an a$$ ton of work, but overall, nice patch, nice that Thunderer and Ohio came in game, excited for Puerto Rico, Marceau, Poltava and California (especially for them T10-s).

Overall, nice, thx,  and HAPPY B-DAYYY :crab: :cat_cool:

• Cool 4

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles

And why the hell do i need spend 250k coal to get back a ship that i researched just for the 457mm guns?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,536 posts
17,271 battles

Opening dates for Directives 2, 3, and 4: 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) September 24, September 31, and October 8, respectively.

September 31st... OK.

• Funny 14

[-GG-]
Players
304 posts
16,805 battles

26 supercontainers for me :cat_cool:  a load of special flags :crab:  TY WG 

Thunderer, Ohio - good to see, but not appealing at all (Ohio especially at THAT NTC price).  Puerto Rico is probably next to be distributed via NTC and that looks tempting.

• Cool 1

[-GG-]
Players
304 posts
16,805 battles

And pls WG confirm: if I used NTC reset on eg. Des Moines line and currently I'm on tier VIII the anniversary bonus for that tier VIII ship will be awarded once or twice ? 

next: will 0.8.8 count as a new season for x2 NTC bonus ?

[CPC]
Alpha Tester
137 posts

The Liquidator achievement will no longer be available. But all previously earned achievements will remain on players' accounts.

How is that gonna work with the campaign mission requiring to obtain a Liquidator achievement ?

Has this mission be reworked and require now something else ?

Or is it no longer possible to finish 100% of that campaign ?

• Cool 2

Players
384 posts
5 minutes ago, radius77 said:

And pls WG confirm: if I used NTC reset on eg. Des Moines line and currently I'm on tier VIII the anniversary bonus for that tier VIII ship will be awarded once or twice ? 

At first glance i thought "rtfm", ... but then:

If you have used the Research Bureau and reset a branch of ships prior to Update 0.8.8 going live, you will receive the Anniversary Victory Bonuses for all Tier V–X ships of that branch automatically. Moreover, any ships of the reset branch that you buy back can bring you Anniversary Victory Bonuses once again in accordance with the general rules of the event.

...actually a legitimate question - not quite as clear as i recalled... regarding ships of a reset line that have already been bought back before the release of 0.8.8.

[NED]
Players
52 posts
13,005 battles

So txs for the supercontainers i wont get for my T10 i resetted for researchburo, little bummer there, and txs for the supers i can stil get for al T10 ships

Txs for the change with the conq i whas grinding for it now not so sure if i wanna grind it.

When do we see a better commandstructure and overall more commands to get the team going likethe fewi F3 to F11 is a bit low for a "team" based wargame i reckon….only a few of them are really usefull for battle, I would really like a LETS PUSH & LETS NOT CAMP VOICE MESSAGE use shift F3 and shift  F4 or soemting….pls the amount of frustration would decline with more options.

Oh and i like to see all the ships in the tree,,after all it is "the" ship tree....

Happy birthday  and keep up the good work

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,313 posts
1,653 battles
1 hour ago, JapLance said:

September 31st... OK.

Ye, we invented that new day to have one more day to celebrate WoWs' birthday. :D

Thanks for the hint, we will fix it...

15 minutes ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

At first glance i thought "rtfm", ... but then:

...actually a legitimate question - not quite as clear as i recalled... regarding ships of a reset line that have already been bought back before the release of 0.8.8.

It only counts ships that are reset at the time of the release of the update. If you got them back again, it works just like for any other ship you currently own or will own during 0.8.8.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GRHNP]
Players
43 posts
58 minutes ago, JapLance said:

September 31st... OK.

What's wrong with that....dont be critizing........However it should have been September 31st and September 39th.

A little bit of humorous trolling is in order for you WG after all the "torturing" you have subjected over the past year...

Happy birthday and all the best with less decisions of dubious results or effects.:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[_CSR_]
Players
54 posts
6,848 battles

@Sehales

Could you not remove the ships from tech tree and rather add all of premium ships to the tree so we can A:

• look at the model
  • Check stats and armor layout

Also, moving them from tree to armory basically means increasing prices by 300+ dubs (not sure if there is a cost associated with the captain i don't care for) or at least add the option to forgo the slot/captain when buying in the armory.

• Cool 1

Players
384 posts
34 minutes ago, Sehales said:

It only counts ships that are reset at the time of the release of the update. If you got them back again, it works just like for any other ship you currently own or will own during 0.8.8.

If you have used the Research Bureau and reset a branch of ships prior to Update 0.8.8 going live, you will receive the Anniversary Victory Bonuses for all Tier V–X ships of that branch automatically. Moreover, any ships of the reset branch that you buy back can bring you Anniversary Victory Bonuses once again in accordance with the general rules of the event.

Do I understand you correctly that this means:

a) tree was reset before the release of 0.8.8 update -> get all bonuses for every ship in tiers V to X in the reset tree automagickally on release of 0.8.8; 

b) re-buy ship after release of update -> get bonus for the ship re-bought after update, on top of a);

c) ships in tiers V to X re-bought in the tree that has been reset before the release of 0.8.8 -> get nothing on top of a)?

d) ships in tiers V to X re-bought in the tree that has been reset after the release of 0.8.8 -> get anniversary bonus on top of a)? 

...please excuse my caffeine-deprivation related slow uptake...  : ) (just want to understand correctly...  and to know when to legitimately throw an "rtfm" at someone ;-> )

[-GG-]
Players
304 posts
16,805 battles
31 minutes ago, Sehales said:

Ye, we invented that new day to have one more day to celebrate WoWs' birthday. :D

Thanks for the hint, we will fix it...

TY, there was also next question

will 0.8.8 count as a new season for x2 NTC bonus ?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,313 posts
1,653 battles
7 minutes ago, radius77 said:

TY, there was also next question

will 0.8.8 count as a new season for x2 NTC bonus ?

No, that will be in 2 months.

You can also see it in-game below the techtree:

Spoiler

Sry, i had my client in German. But to illustrate, it doesn't matter.

You see this sentence above the "DETAILS"-button? That's where it tells you the time left until you get the next bonus.

image.png

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
2 hours ago, AmiralPotato said:

The coupon for doubloon ships in armory is really nice.

Remains the question: time-limited just for the anniversary, or the "doubloon coupon" is now a thing and here to stay?

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,116 posts
15,103 battles

Good…...good…..the only thing I have on my mind right now is "New "Snowflakes", I have 264 ships in port...…….it's gonna be a looooong couple of weeks." (First world problem, I know."

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,020 posts
30,303 battles
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Good…...good…..the only thing I have on my mind right now is "New "Snowflakes", I have 264 ships in port...…….it's gonna be a looooong couple of weeks." (First world problem, I know."

Just reset all lines in research bureau :Smile_trollface: Then its only the premiums you have to play

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,007 posts
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Just reset all lines in research bureau

nope, then you have to grind all lines again to get all the rewards a second time :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1