You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eagle_Six_TR

Tier 4 CV sealclubbing has to STOP!

194 comments in this topic

[FIMRA]
Players
36 posts
8,799 battles

A friend of mine has sent me this picture today. He is new to this game yet he is about to quit because of the 2x2 Tier 4 CV sealclubbing. I say well done WG (this is not an old pic, this is actually happening right now.) I bet other newcomers are liking this too.

A FRIEND OF MINE.png

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles

Spreadsheet says we are having fun.

Also Hosho is not OP.

Spoiler

/s

ofc needs to stop. But WG being WG... probably sometime next year :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

Players
923 posts
13,174 battles

There are two issues we can identify from that:

1. New players have protected matchmaking and play in their own games with bots to pad out the teams, with at least one human on the opposing team of equal tier and ship class. If the server population is too low, or the new players are already enjoying a match without him, after 60 seconds new players enter the general queue. That protection last for 80 battles or until playing with their first Tier 5 ship.

2. There are going to be a lot more T4 CVs in the queue because this is entry-level, and there are no T5 CVs. You need to spend a lot of time in those T4 CVs before going straight to T6 CVs.

Please remember that genuine seal clubbing only really happens with low server populations and re-roll accounts (veteran players with a new account and the competence to flex on genuine new players). Like this guy in Mighty Jingles' new video:

Many veterans play at low tiers too, but anyone expecting to find baby seals is only going to find veterans and get clubbed straight back.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

OP has a valid point... And pre this patch stats are misrepresentative and have no value for this patch

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Players
6,779 posts
245 battles
36 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Exeter is a good purchase for this sort of thing. Or an AA build Emerald.

Sunk one in a seal club div with a gulio cesare who i also managed to put down to 8k hp before moving on to the cvs to spot and attack them for our cruisers moving up imto their cap.

but her aa does seem good though. Playing the borrosque is tricky with 6 cv games however.

[CAIN]
Players
4,372 posts
18,493 battles

Stop? I haven't even started welcoming new players and showing them what it is like being an Ant getting shat on by evil Pigeons. 

Welcome to WoWS, enjoy your stay and if a CV is coming for you...just dodge.

And all the seal clubbers don't even have to feel bad about that, spread$hi..eet is saying...it's fine.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,768 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Sunk one in a seal club div with a gulio cesare who i also managed to put down to 8k hp before moving on to the cvs to spot and attack them for our cruisers moving up imto their cap.

They were clearly dolts, then. With a Tier VII AA loadout and a fighter consumable they should not be getting touched by cruddy CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
6,779 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They were clearly dolts, then. With a Tier VII AA loadout and a fighter consumable they should not be getting touched by cruddy CVs.

If you can dodge flak it doesnt really matter, especially if theres more than one cv in play on each team where you can bait fighters with a useless squad (ap bombers) then just fire up torp bombers and drop them as you dodge.

you can still strike tier 5 ships with tier 4 cv’s, texas is a real bugger to get through unless peeps gave been spamming HE at it for sometime.

[L4GG]
Players
3,052 posts
10,564 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

More facts, less whining.

You are not talking about CV in general, but about Hosho.

image.thumb.png.7f882e61b308b6c6caa3727fb908f565.png

Any new developments?

Because, last time I checked (after the rework) t4 cvs were crap.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
2,606 posts
18,805 battles

2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Any new developments?

Because, last time I checked (after the rework) t4 cvs were crap.

The Hosho is no longer crap..

image.thumb.png.0e539bbbc47ffa4addab34a638c124c9.png

I've reset the IJN carrier tree and played 18 matches before I unlocked the next ship. This stuff is just bad for business, the Research Bureau should have reset to tier 6, not 1.

• Cool 12

Players
4,445 posts
7,604 battles
7 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I've reset the IJN carrier tree and played 18 matches before I unlocked the next ship. This stuff is just bad for business, the Research Bureau should have reset to tier 6, not 1.

Interesting point, maybe @MrConway @Tuccy or @Crysantos could forward this to WG secret HQ.

• Funny 3

Players
3,304 posts
14,059 battles
12 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Same, 20 games with an average damage of 70k and a WR and PR that’s just disgusting. 145k in a T4 CV is just silly, and it could have been higher if the MM has more BB than Cruisers and DD’s coz with 7 kills I think I was not struggling to win that game...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles

Well what do you Expect.

Continues AA has been Nerfed into Complete Oblivion.

And Heavy AA is basicly Non Existent in Lower Tiers.

So in T4 and often even in T6 you dont even need to know how to Dodge Flak to massacre everyone....

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,887 battles

What buggers me the most about CVs - and especially the low tier ones - is that You can shoot down thousands of planes, but they just can keep on coming after you and whittle you down, even when you're in a "dedicated aa ship" like Yubari...

When yo shoot down 30+ planes in a 1 CV battle and still get sunk by that CV, then there's something wrong with the game mechanics IMHO

• Cool 12

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,768 battles

There is AA at lower tiers, it's just that people haven't got the memo on how to use it, or the one about how to dodge plane torpedoes, rocket planes, bombs, etc.

1 minute ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

What buggers me the most about CVs - and especially the low tier ones - is that You can shoot down thousands of planes, but they just can keep on coming after you and whittle you down, even when you're in a "dedicated aa ship" like Yubari...

When yo shoot down 30+ planes in a 1 CV battle and still get sunk by that CV, then there's something wrong with the game mechanics IMHO

Hosho actually carried 15 planes. Presumably WG's intention was that people staring to play CVs wouldn't be deplaned ten minutes into a game, which is laudable, but the execution is a bit lacking.

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
28 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

There is AA at lower tiers, it's just that people haven't got the memo on how to use it, or the one about how to dodge plane torpedoes, rocket planes, bombs, etc. 

giphy.gif

New players dont know how to dodge torps, and they cant use AA skills because they dont even have captains! Or they for sure dont have 10+ pointers. ANd some ships dont have actually any AA :cap_fainting:

• Cool 9

Players
3,304 posts
14,059 battles
2 hours ago, Europizza said:

Hosho wasn't crap before. It was still very strong then.  

Hosho before the last buff, still a very strong performance for a T4 CV.

742968038_oldhoshommf.thumb.png.83a2771ca688afb9b1cdf773700e11ac.png

New buffed Hosho is broken, OP and bad for the game. There was NO NEED to buff T4 CV's yet they did. Probably coz potato's whinged they still found it hard on easy mode at easy tier. 

2091994777_newhoshobn.thumb.png.1c27083aaae90e4a517e5d7346c592f5.png

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,768 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

New players dont know how to dodge torps, and they cant use AA skills because they dont even have captains! Or they for sure dont have 10+ pointers. ANd some ships dont have actually any AA :cap_fainting:

Well, they can learn to track how CV planes attack and how to react, just as they should learn about giving broadside (or not) to other ships. I know it's dull, but it's not difficult.... watch a couple of Notser videos, play a few Co-op games to test it out, and they'll get the idea.

I'm not coming at this from a "l2p noob" point of view, it's just that I do grind each new line with a new captain for each ship: my Bourrasque has a four point captain and an AA rating of 6, and I have been on the wrong end of several Hosho attacks in it.... you can get by. That's all you've got, really.

13 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

New buffed Hosho is broken, OP and bad for the game. There was NO NEED to buff T4 CV's yet they did. Probably coz potato's whinged they still found it hard on easy mode at easy tier. 

Gotta keep those new player numbers healthy, I suppose. Shame they didn't buff the poor old Hermes at the same time, but I guess they got the message about how much us Brits love their CV rework. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, they can learn to track how CV planes attack and how to react, just as they should learn about giving broadside (or not) to other ships. I know it's dull, but it's not difficult.... watch a couple of Notser videos, play a few Co-op games to test it out, and they'll get the idea.

I'm not coming at this from a "l2p noob" point of view, it's just that I do grind each new line with a new captain for each ship: my Bourrasque has a four point captain and an AA rating of 6, and I have been on the wrong end of several Hosho attacks in it.... you can get by. That's all you've got, really.

I think its easier to judge what Hosho can do if you play it yourself. As you see how new/average player will react to it... basicly they dont. Ive been spanking DDs left right and center. First game with the buffed Hosho, found myself a Clemson right away (so barely 1 min into the game). Head on, i turned planes on a dime, he couldnt dodge because an island in his side, smack 8,5k almost all his health gone. Ofc he was spotted, so his game ended pretty much before the 2 minute mark. In which world this is fun? Its retarded beyond belief. Sure you get those players occasionally who will dodge (or try to), but then just ignore them for the time being, and pick one of the other ~10 newbies.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Gotta keep those new player numbers healthy, I suppose. Shame they didn't buff the poor old Hermes at the same time, but I guess they got the message about how much us Brits love their CV rework. 

Mate no Offense. But if your basicly saying L2P Noobs. Then at least dont try to afterwards say your not going at it with an "l2p noobs" point of view.

And No.

Sorry. But learning to Dodge Aircraft is really not going to fly here.

Because most CV Attacks cant be Dodged in the First Place.

The only CV Attack that can be evaded to some degree is Torpedoes.

All other Attacks depend on the CV. In T4 you can be Lucky and have a CV which will miss you cause he doesnt know how the Attack works.

But especially with the Reset of Ship Trees now being a thing. The entire Thing has become entire Rubbish. Because currently CVs are an extremely easy way to just Regrind a Tree.

Meaning you have Tons of People just Bashing Noobs in Overpowered T4 Carriers. (And also in T6 Carriers)

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
3,052 posts
10,564 battles
2 hours ago, Europizza said:

yeap, something changed, I did two games where I did 32 k and 40 k, far better than before where I did 0 .

but my planes still are overshooting the target and I don0t give enough lead to the torps.

At least now I can hit 1 torp at a time.