You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leeuwbart

Suggestions for the Support CV's

6 comments in this topic

[BPC]
Players
124 posts
5,139 battles

Hello everyone,

Today i went to the WOWS event in Den Helder to celebrate the launch of the Friesland destroyer. While i was there i had some interesting talks with fellow players about the role of the carrier and the plans for the Support CV's. (Also discussed it with @Crysantos which was an amazing discussion)

After the discussion i decided to open up this topic for everyone to give their ideas about the role and use of Support CV's and their main function in the game.

For example i'd love to see it do much less damage overall to surface ships but instead provide the following things:

1. Drop a smoke screen to cover battleships of your own team.

2. Have a flyable fighter squadron which for example could consist out of 10 planes using up 2 planes each attack (just an example).

3. Have a squadron which can take out fires. 

I'd like to hear all your suggestions about the Support carriers and have a polite discussion about them.

May the odd tiers return from their slumber =)

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles

I'd prefer to bring odd tiered carriers back into line to fill the gaps and leave "support" as part of ship loadout to choose from.

Players
3,290 posts
14,054 battles

Odd tier CV’s that offer vastly different roles are a poor idea. One tier does damage and can beat a team almost solo while one can’t? And is utterly dependent on your team of random potato’s to take advantage of the support offered?

Sounds super on that basis alone.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,754 posts
7,301 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Odd tier CV’s that offer vastly different roles are a poor idea. One tier does damage and can beat a team almost solo while one can’t? And is utterly dependent on your team of random potato’s to take advantage of the support offered?

Sounds super on that basis alone.

maybe they can also make the submarine support vessels... :Smile_trollface:

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles

I’d rather see odd tier CVs stay in the dark smelly corner of damnation where they currently rott in peace. Let them rott peacefully. Don’t drag them out to revive a long dead rotten corpse, this never ends well for the ones doing the resurrection. Haven’t you guys read Frankenstein? Or seen all those Zombie movies? 

[-TPF-]
Players
3,822 posts
15,681 battles
5 hours ago, leeuwbart said:

After the discussion i decided to open up this topic for everyone to give their ideas about the role and use of Support CV's and their main function in the game.

Odd numbered CVs become ships like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Attacker_(D02) which carry nothing but a limited number of fighters and one type of attack plane (the player's choice). Their job is strategic - a return to slower paced RTS style gameplay. They provide reconnaissance, fighter cover, and some limited offensive capability. Plane hangar numbers are more realistic, in-air flight times are limited, gimmick consumables (smoke screens, etc) could be tried out, and perhaps a limited repair consumable, like the Engineer in Operations (thinking of HMS Unicorn, here...). Planes might also a have detection consumable (radar, hydro, sonar) - particularly useful against submarines.

• Cool 1