Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

How do you direct a message to a specific player ?

8 comments in this topic

Players
558 posts
4,535 battles

Despite searching, I still don't know how to do this. As you can see, player [BRTMN]**** has asked for support, but the request is addressed to me, Pametrada in my Clemson, rather than the team in general.  I know people are going to laugh and point at me, but after all this time playing, I still can't work out how it's done.

image.jpeg.fd139509e3ba58bdb7ea1fbef1a8ff0d.jpeg

Any help gratefully received. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
1,068 posts
15,102 battles

If you look at somebody in game with the aiming reticule you can target your message like that.

So he was looking at you and pressed the F5 key.

You can do the same with F3 to direct attention to an enemy that needs to be focused, or a friendly player who needs support. Also F9 at somebody who is yolo'ing.

For Capture/Defend zones you need to be 'mouse over' that point on the mini-map.

Here's a handy guide to what the F-keys really mean:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/30713-my-chat-f-key-cheat-sheet/?do=findComment&comment=370620

• Cool 6

Players
558 posts
4,535 battles
20 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

If you look at somebody in game with the aiming reticule you can target your message like that.

So he was looking at you and pressed the F5 key.

You can do the same with F3 to direct attention to an enemy that needs to be focused, or a friendly player who needs support. Also F9 at somebody who is yolo'ing.

For Capture/Defend zones you need to be 'mouse over' that point on the mini-map.

Here's a handy guide to what the F-keys really mean:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/30713-my-chat-f-key-cheat-sheet/?do=findComment&comment=370620

Thanks Dan, just tried it, and it worked a treat. Much appreciated! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[R-O-C]
Players
1 post
2,574 battles

No such thing as a stupid question :) Came here looking for this too - thanks Dan as well *thumbs up*

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
647 posts
12,762 battles
On 9/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, DanSilverwing said:

You can also point the reticule at the green or red marker that hovers above the cap / defend, and then hit F3. 

• Cool 2

[BOTS]
Players
891 posts
18,801 battles

Also don't forget to press F11 to the friendly destroyer who launched torpedoes from the second line, or the odd HE slinging Iowa 

/s

In all seriousness though, as long as you ask in a polite manner you'd be surprised how helpful the community can be. :) 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,889 posts
18,121 battles

Also keep in mind that holding "B" will call up the quick commands panel (for lazy guys like me that only bother to remember F3 and F4). Once the quick commands panel is up you can issue different commands depending on where your reticule is aimed at, just like @DanSilverwing already explained.

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
44 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Also keep in mind that holding "B" will call up the quick commands panel (for lazy guys like me that only bother to remember F3 and F4). Once the quick commands panel is up you can issue different commands depending on where your reticule is aimed at, just like @DanSilverwing already explained.

This is how I tend to do my target call outs, hover over an enemy ship, press B and then flick up. It feels a lot quicker than fluffing about with the F keys.

Sign in to follow this