Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

I dont like the Moskva

14 comments in this topic

Players
378 posts

I bought it a while ago. Tried to like it. Went back to other ships and then back to moskva. I just cant stand it.

They took just enough mobility to make it a battleship but not enough armor to make it matter. Its just kremlins retarded cousin with a radar.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,467 posts
11,026 battles

I like the Moskva but  you really have to bow tank with it. Nothing takes battleship AP the way the broadside Moskva does, multiple citadels every time.

for me I position where I can bow on to the entire enemy fleet.  The armour of a Moskva is ridiculously strong when bow on.

The Moskva is decent at area denial in open water as long as you keep all the enemy ships in autobounce territory.

Zapping the radar every now and then to get those DDs trying to sneak up on you.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,791 posts
7,088 battles

Moskva can bounce shells all day long, can AP everything, mobility is good, not Zao good but good non the less, is really accurate, need i go on :Smile_smile:

Though if you really dislike it, dont play it, noone is forcing you to play a specific ship when you have many others you like more :Smile_honoring:

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,731 battles

As long as you're a stathider, there is nothing I can, or want to do for you. If your stats would be visible, we could at least give personalized tips. 

Generally (without any refernece to OP), the Moskva is an awesome ship in the right hands, and I would even go as far as to say it is versatile for multiple roles. Best of all, it is the perfect candidate among T10 ships to teach a player situational awareness (you have the luxury of a safe shooting range, an insanely good armor layout to practice aiming, deciding who to focus on, when to push and when to hold a position). Plus, constant observation of how the battle changes and who's doing what on both teams. Players with good irl potential can improve their ingame skills considerably while on this ship. And once getting the hang of it, they can do wonders in a Moskva. It's not the right choice though for the generic braindead player.

[2DIE4]
Players
64 posts
4,971 battles

I was afraid of her (i mean less armor big size bla bla...) but when u hide ur broadside she becomes a monster. And i just wanna add shell velocity is perfect.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,705 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I like the Moskva but  you really have to bow tank with it. Nothing takes battleship AP the way the broadside Moskva does, multiple citadels every time.

for me I position where I can bow on to the entire enemy fleet.  The armour of a Moskva is ridiculously strong when bow on.

The Moskva is decent at area denial in open water as long as you keep all the enemy ships in autobounce territory.

Zapping the radar every now and then to get those DDs trying to sneak up on you.

I had a game once were I held a flank alone against two cruiser and one DD by playing like that. I didn't bowtank as such but kept moving and using radar now and then to scare off the DD. Worked great!

But I also remember a game in the Zao where a Moskva on the red team bowtanked and I snuck up on his flank and killed him in two salvos. Second salvo was in the air before he had time to react to the first hitting him. It was wonderful! 

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,043 battles

The Moskva is a great ship, but I never got warm with her either. I am more of a open water player anyway, hugging islands was never my preferred playstyle.  What I wished for in Moskva I found in Kronstadt.

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles

The problem often lies in the inconsistency of the line. Moskva breaks with the playstyle of the ships before, therefor its a weird end to the line. You need to adapt from your former ways. This might a) be a challenge or b) you might not like the playstyle Moskva needs to perform.

Players
318 posts
10,736 battles

its got nasty ap, decent AA, very good bow armour, good gun arcs and range. its an epic ship with the leg mod. Not every ship has to be to everyones taste, though I would like the Moskva to be in a line that fits its play style, since the Russian cruisers don't really have a linking factor between the rest of the line and tx apart from the Russian arcs and radar

[BEER]
Players
59 posts
19,749 battles

Funny that I am not keen on the Moskva but love the Jean Bart as they both have similar play styles,,,must just be a matter of personal play style

Sign in to follow this