You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoobySkooby

USS Arizona...

56 comments in this topic

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles

What does it have going for it compared to the P.E.F. or the West Virginia?

I have neither the Arizona, or the P.E.F.

Former I sold, latter I never bothered with, I have heard some talk she is OP?

Players
1,671 posts
6,363 battles

High accyuacy

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,629 posts
14,610 battles

1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

High accyuacy

Good joke, what's next, good armor? Arizona has 1.8 sigma and 220m max dispersion. That's barely better than several of the silvers.

With a  whooping 35s reload. Izmail shoots faster.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles

Currently watching Flamu in the P.E.F, ofc he would make a plank of wood OP,anyone who has the P.E.F, how do you find her?

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Good joke, what's next, good armor? Arizona has 1.8 sigma and 220m max dispersion. That's barely better than several of the silvers.

OMW, glad I asked:Smile_amazed:

[BYOB]
Players
3,629 posts
14,610 battles
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Currently watching Flamu in the P.E.F, ofc he would make a plank of wood OP,anyone who has the P.E.F, how do you find her?

Highly problematic and not worth the money. The ship has two major flaws:

-Too slow turret traverse for a Battlecruiser.

-WW1 shells with bad values.

It also took a large hit when the AA went from very good at tier, to angry German with a bottle of beer.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Highly problematic and not worth the money. The ship has two major flaws:

-Too slow turret traverse for a Battlecruiser.

-WW1 shells with bad values.

It also took a large hit when the AA went from very good at tier, to angry German with a bottle of beer.

Angry German with bottle of beer, lol, sounds almost like a football match, that had me laughing out loud for sure:Smile_teethhappy:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,642 posts
6,560 battles

Even with the mediocre accuracy thanks to the number of shells she still feel very accurate and consistent. One of my favourites at tier 6.

• Cool 2

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Apart from being the best T6 BB in the game, Arizona has nothing going for her. 

OK, I guess we all have our favourites, I  mean West Virginia has longer rang and bigger guns, and I like her, not doubting you just wondering.

[NWP]
Players
1,942 posts
11,367 battles
Just now, NoobySkooby said:

OK, I guess we all have our favourites, I  mean West Virginia has longer rang and bigger guns, and I like her, not doubting you just wondering.

it's the best performing BB overall, at 50%, 25% and the top 5% of players. It's accurate, hits hard, claps hard on cruisers and BB's and has enough guns to land good damage on DD's. Good in the turn for avoiding torps and has more than good enough range. 

• Cool 3

Players
980 posts
9,658 battles
25 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Former I sold, latter I never bothered with, I have heard some talk she is OP?

You have heard wrong.

Arizona used to be very good ship. But changes of the armor models and introduction of new ships (namely Izmail and Normandie) have made it fairly medicore. It is still not a bad ship, but far from OP.

It is still better than PEF

• Cool 2

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles
Just now, mariouus said:

You have heard wrong.

Arizona used to be very good ship. But changes of the armor models and introduction of new ships (namely Izmail and Normandie) have made it fairly medicore. It is still not a bad ship, but far from OP.

I was referring to the P E F being op, just a general talk I heard ,I have the Normandie and I do like her, also one or two games in the Izmail, which just might grow on me yet.

[BBMM]
Players
3,730 posts
4,062 battles

Well my #1 ship is Hood, by far the most played. I picked it carefully.

But my #2 ship is Arizona... BOOMSHANKA! :Smile_izmena: :cap_like:

If you like the old slow US BBs she's great. I also have Texas, the premium NY. 

At Colorado it's getting a bit too slow in T7... but if you are top tier it's bloody murder.

Players
980 posts
9,658 battles
8 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I was referring to the P E F being op

It is not OP either.

PEF is very good when Top Tier. It guns cause penetration damage and citadels, when other BBs Overpenetrate and it has good dispersion.

If it gets up-tiered, it becomes one of the weakest. Good dispersion does not do anything, when you have only 8.guns, with no overmatch capability and medicore penetration.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
5,907 posts
7,189 battles
35 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Accurate :fish_book:

If you can shoot DDs, take it. If you can shoot Cruisers, take it. If you wanna shoot BBs from longrange, take something else because it lacks pen. But if you get rid of DDs/Cruisers first, you can close the distance against enemy BBs and then you pen is good enough to punish them aswell.

image.png.0406270f1d72c9850628c091fb5f7154.png

Thats my hitrate in 16 games ranked sprint. And thats even with shooting DDs all the time, since there were games with 3-4 DDs quite often. Have only played 1 random game with it, where i got 44% Hitratio :Smile_hiding: This thing blapps Cruiser left and right.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,487 posts
2,654 battles
24 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

it's the best performing BB overall, at 50%, 25% and the top 5% of players. It's accurate, hits hard, claps hard on cruisers and BB's and has enough guns to land good damage on DD's. Good in the turn for avoiding torps and has more than good enough range. 

Good sales pitch! I'll have to take my Arizona out for spin again one of these days, I guess - its' been a fairly long time now and I might find her more amenable than when I first tried her out. One thing she does not have, however, is speed - and that would also be the main reason if I'd try to advocate the PeF for, say, operations.

• Cool 1

Players
3,144 posts
245 battles
39 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

?????

That sounds highly accurate for a tier 6 BB, compared to new mexico or normandie where the shells go every but the sodding ship your aiming at.

25mm will always be trash its only good at tier 4 and below at tier5 its questionable and tier 6 is taking miccy tier 7 then im wondering what drugs the designers of said ships were taking when they still thought armour profiles like that were still good.

Unless im missing something. Although with the izmail you might as well not bother with talking about armour.

[CATS]
Players
18,897 posts
12,062 battles
42 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Good joke, what's next, good armor? Arizona has 1.8 sigma and 220m max dispersion.

That is MUCH better than New Mex 1.5 Sigma.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,570 posts
13,689 battles
54 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

What does it have going for it compared to the P.E.F. or the West Virginia?

12 guns.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,514 posts
14,645 battles

PEF is just another ship in the never ending list of horrible german premium ships

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,766 posts
4,591 battles
1 minute ago, Kaseko said:

PEF is just another ship in the never ending list of horrible german premium ships

Nothing at all wrong with the Tirpitz, solid go to T8 premium, wasn't there another lower tier German BB that you now cannot buy in the shop?

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,514 posts
14,645 battles
7 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Nothing at all wrong with the Tirpitz, solid go to T8 premium, wasn't there another lower tier German BB that you now cannot buy in the shop?

well compared to the rest Tirpitz is less than stellar,

the other german prem BB is König Albert, which is a Kaiser at T3 with very low range

the gap of T8 BBs is fairly large actually

Monarch<Vanguard<Richelieu=Gascogne<Roma=Bismarck=Tirpitz<<<Kii<<Amagi<<Massachusetts<Vladivostok=Lenin=Alabama<North Carolina