You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

So they will reverse the "gun bloom change"

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,821 posts
10,585 battles

... and it will have only taken them 9 patches to do it:

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/ddffaf2330d

"Visibility system
According to numerous requests of players, the penalty to the visibility of the ship after firing, is now lifted 2 seconds after leaving the visibility of the enemy. Now the visibility system will work the same way as for a few updates before version 0.8.0."

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

[SWTP]
Players
980 posts
8,663 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

... and it will have only taken them 9 patches to do it:

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/ddffaf2330d

YAY!!!

Finally. GJ WG.

I remember this epic shitstorm when they "fixed" it.

I remember also how they said something abut 8.3-8.4, but anyway, better late then never.

I must say I've lost the hope a while ago.

• Cool 3

Players
3,144 posts
245 battles

Well, i can't remember what it was like before that so playing without the 20sec delay is going to be werid.

Players
541 posts
1,924 battles

Finally!

(hands up who else finds it low-key hilarious to compare how long this has taken, with the time the CV rework had from concept reveal to beta testing to live. just saying the quiet part out loud)

• Cool 10

[4_0_4]
Players
5,697 posts
11,927 battles
2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Well, i can't remember what it was like before that so playing without the 20sec delay is going to be werid.

I was quite amusing, since you could shoot at an enemy, slip behind an island an get undeteced at an instant, allowing you to retreat if necessary.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
1,365 posts

Hmm...

4 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

I was quite amusing, since you could shoot at an enemy, slip behind an island an get undeteced at an instant, allowing you to retreat if necessary.

Well, I had my hopes up that this would actually encourage more dynamic, open water battles...

• Funny 3

[4_0_4]
Players
5,697 posts
11,927 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well, I had my hopes up that this would actually encourage more dynamic, open water battles...

If you have anything, that disrupts the LoS, you'll benefit from this.

It'll allow some ships to take a salvo and disappear, without having to fear that something will detect 10 seconds after you shot.

Mostly DDs will benefit from this.

[I-J-N]
Players
1,365 posts
24 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

If you have anything, that disrupts the LoS, you'll benefit from this.

It'll allow some ships to take a salvo and disappear, without having to fear that something will detect 10 seconds after you shot.

Mostly DDs will benefit from this.

I play on DD's a lot these days. True, this will help DD's cause as it is, I get fired at for about 10 to 15 seconds even after the detection radius has returned to normal.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,697 posts
11,927 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I play on DD's a lot these days. True, this will help DD's cause as it is, I get fired at for about 10 to 15 seconds even after the detection radius has returned to normal.

Look at it like this: This might encourage more DD to actually use their guns without instantly using smoke aswell.

• Cool 3

[ANV]
Players
279 posts
6,478 battles
54 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Im being a bit thick tonight (no change there) - and been away from January until last month....

Hows this different to what we have now?

3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

ditto....

I shoot in my DD< get detected from gun bloom, sail behind island (out of LOS of any enemy ships), i go undetected - thats now, whats changed?

(like I said, brain not work proper!)

[I-J-N]
Players
1,365 posts
Just now, Starchy_Tuber said:

Im being a bit thick tonight (no change there) - and been away from January until last month....

ditto....

I shoot in my DD< get detected from gun bloom, sail behind island (out of LOS of any enemy ships), i go undetected - thats now, whats changed?

What if the island is not there?

[ANV]
Players
279 posts
6,478 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

What if the island is not there?

20 secs until i go undetected...(since last shot assuming a ship in LOS)

[I-J-N]
Players
1,365 posts
3 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

20 secs until i go undetected...(since last shot assuming a ship in LOS)

You must be very good. In 20 secs I lose at least half of my HP's.

• Funny 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,697 posts
11,927 battles
6 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Atm the system is like this:

You shoot and are spotted doing so. This is the gun bloom. Now every ship within your shooting range and LoS will spot you.

Now a counter will start at 20 seconds. If you do not shoot within these 20 seconds, the bloom wears off and you fall back to your regular detection.

Even if you break LoS (with smoke/islands), if an enemy get LoS on you within the 20, you will be respotted.

Thsi change now will decrease the bloom time, if no LoS with the enemy exists. So now you don't have to wait for 20s behind an island before moving out again, just for 2s.

• Cool 4

[ANV]
Players
279 posts
6,478 battles
1 minute ago, Zemeritt said:

Atm the system is like this:

You shoot and are spotted doing so. This is the gun bloom. Now every ship within your shooting range and LoS will spot you.

Now a counter will start at 20 seconds. If you do not shoot within these 20 seconds, the bloom wears off and you fall back to your regular detection.

Even if you break LoS (with smoke/islands), if an enemy get LoS on you within the 20, you will be respotted.

Thsi change now will decrease the bloom time, if no LoS with the enemy exists. So now you don't have to wait for 20s behind an island before moving out again, just for 2s.

TY - makes sense. 

If only cruisers and battleships classed as LOS blockers.....   ¬_¬

• Funny 5

[OGHF]
Players
863 posts
13,943 battles
59 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

ditto....

if you came out from behind that Island before 20 secs up you get spotted again, the change will be sail behind island and after 3 seconds you come out from behind the island and you are invisible again :-), simples

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,082 posts
5,890 battles

Sooo, finally a change back to  something not in favor of battleships? Wew, surprising!

Still bs my DD get's a 20s bloom time just as a battleship get's a 20s bloom time :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,775 posts
10,241 battles
6 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

What is gun bloom??

Increase of detection after firing main guns