Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Umbrascythe

research bureau - additional reward idea

8 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
23 posts
6,493 battles

So,

I decided to try out the research bureau function, As I liked the thought of actively work through my favorit ships again, and gain some resources I can then use on a " if a cool one comes by at some point" special ship.

I am currently replaying the japanese and US BB lines, having reached nagato and Iowa so far " I Have all of the bonuses!, super camos, flags and what not, on. And i'm a pretty average player, so the research goes relatively fast :) "

When the research bureau was under development, people asked of what kind of reward should be given to re-researched ships, and it´s always gonna be a touchy subject if it comes to increased hp, shell damage etc.

But right now, it does not give any reward other than the points for the first win tier 6+

I´ve always had an reward idea myself, regarding the research bureau. Ever since it was announced as a thing that was in the making.

Bow side decoratives.

How about, when you re-resetted a line, you would be able to decorate the side of the bow with an emblem or crest of sorts?

We have numerous ships with either historical or just plain decorative bow emblems on them, and I think it looks really nice.

And it is not impossible " I think" to implement this feature.

" Fx. Tirpitz didn´t have one before, but has now."

An example.

Nagato, is a ship I am very fond of and feels super comfortable in. And I think it would be pretty cool to be able to decorate her bow, not only to show that,

" Hey, this guy is either a very dedicated nagato player, or he has a ton of free xp to spare XD"

but also to personalize it. As to say, this is MY ship.

But what do you think?

should one be rewarded more for resetting a line?

Is the emblem idea good? should it require 2 resets?

Should it only be for tier 6+?

Should we have another ship-customization feature for resetting?

Let me know what you think!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
373 posts
1,613 battles

183.gif

The main problem with the Research Bureau is the fact that you have to regrind lines (#sealclubbing). As i said in other posts, there are no rewards that are worth for regrinding lines, no even premium ships. 

17 minuti fa, Umbrascythe ha scritto:

Bow side decoratives.

Look here

• Cool 1

Players
1,505 posts
5,816 battles

It's a good idea for cosmetic changes but I'm not sure RB would be the best way to get them if it was just Cosmetic rewards, unless they were "in addition to....." the current RB rewards. 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
23 posts
6,493 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

183.gif

The main problem with the Research Bureau is the fact that you have to regrind lines (#sealclubbing). As i said in other posts, there are no rewards that are worth for regrinding lines, no even premium ships. 

Look here

I have found it pretty funny to regrind/replay the ships again, "we all have different ways of fun" 

About the seal-clubbing, when you have played for long enough, you are in the inevitable end, just better than prior a thousand  battles :)

About the coat of arms, Yea, the german navy had this as a thing, but then WG could take notes of this,and perhaps implement it to other ship-navy´s.

After all World of warships is NOT a 100% historical accuate game.

Fx. I like to adron as many country flags on my yamato as I can, just because I find it funny.

I could easily imagine a cool bow emblem on her as well, of course as a fourth country, just because.

And I guess they could just have a " hide emblem" function added to the roster of "hide" list" for those who dont like it.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

I don't get why WG aren't introducing some cosmetical items (camouflages, crests, flags, emblems patches, ...) as sinks for in-game currencies.

They wouldn't give you any advantages gameplay wise, so no one would complain about them in that regard.

Yet players seem to like the ability to customise their ships.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
23 posts
6,493 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

It's a good idea for cosmetic changes but I'm not sure RB would be the best way to get them if it was just Cosmetic rewards, unless they were "in addition to....." the current RB rewards. 

I hope they at least add more things to get from the points.

As for now you can get flags,free Xp etc. So I don´t see why cosmetics shouldn´t be a thing when THOSE things are :)

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
23 posts
6,493 battles
2 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

I don't get why WG aren't introducing some cosmetical items (camouflages, crests, flags, emblems patches, ...) as sinks for in-game currencies.

They wouldn't give you any advantages gameplay wise, so no one would complain about them in that regard.

Yet players seem to like the ability to customise their ships.

Exactly!

Lots of people want to customize their ships.

I agree. It would be a good in-game moneysink.

Players
707 posts
15,125 battles

Would be a good idea plenty of games offer cosmetic changes to ships and it's very popular and as they want us to use the Research Bureau why not throw in a way of decorating the ship that shows the hard work you put into it. 

Considering I have seen a few threads in the past about people complaining they cannot get the flags anymore for reaching rank 1 clearly there is a desire amongst some for cosmetic changes. Not to mention all the premium camos such as space and Halloween people are prepared to pay money for. 

As as it stands the RB has nothing im interested in but a wider variety of options would be welcome. 

Sign in to follow this