Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Exchange steel to get Georgia/JB?

19 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,142 battles

So i finally got enough coal+steel to get a Georgia or JB by exchanging the steel for coals.

Considering the rarity of steel, the most logical thing to do would be just save it and collect more coals.

However last i checked the current steel ships are not really good, as the JB became a coal ship aswell.

So should I exchange the steel or just keep it for future stuff?

[JRM]
Players
2,731 posts
17,897 battles

Depends how much you want those ships, steel is still something you have to work for while coal kinnda just trickels in without 2 much effort, that said I did spend few k of steel on Yoshino when she went live as I didnt want to wait

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Players
23 posts
2,308 battles

If you need to spend a tiny bit of steel, go for it to save up time. However as said above steel is harder to get, so rather save it for those cool steel ships!

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,142 battles
2 minutes ago, Niems said:

If you need to spend a tiny bit of steel, go for it to save up time. However as said above steel is harder to get, so rather save it for those cool steel ships!

Yes, but whats the point of having it in the armoury for years, if i never touch it at all?

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
339 posts
7,137 battles
6 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Yes, but whats the point of having it in the armoury for years, if i never touch it at all?

none. precisely zero. nada. rien.zip.

[JRM]
Players
2,731 posts
17,897 battles

Dude its your stuff, you do as you please with it

• Cool 3

Players
49 posts
3,823 battles

I did twice, both was around 2500-3000 steel. I like Des Moines and spent steel for Salem.Later they bring that god damn Georgia and i spent steel again and never regret :) I could wait and collect for Stalin or Bourgogne but i dont have any intention for both of them. Also half of the year i am at sea, cant collect much steel. I choose get ships which i like with coal+steel combination.

Beta Tester
487 posts
9,884 battles

In my opinion you should not change steel for coal.

There is quite a chance that someday there will be something worth your steel.

• Cool 1

Players
2,757 posts
8,190 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

In my opinion you should not change steel for coal.

There is quite a chance that someday there will be something worth your steel.

This ^^^

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
558 posts
12,090 battles

1: You can never get it back.

2: What's the hurry? If those ships were being pulled from the armory then I would understand but as it is now just keep filling up with coal and you'll get there.

3. It's your decision and you'll have to make it yourself and then live with it.

Good luck!

[SM0KE]
Players
3,310 posts
8,523 battles

For me, the decision is based on whether I can ever get enough steel to matter in a sensible time-frame - I'm too rubbish to earn much from Ranked and Clans.

My feeling is to avoid using steel for coal wherever possible (we *might* get another thing like last winter's snowflake thing, although I'll be surprised, which would alter my calculus), but if it enables something that is *needed* quickly, then maybe go for it.

For example, I really want Smol, but I don't need Smol; my plan is to hold off until I have enough coal, but if news breaks that it's being removed from the shop, I'll use steel rather than miss out...

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
3 hours ago, mantiscore said:

However last i checked the current steel ships are EXTREMELY GOOD, as the JB became a coal ship aswell.

Fixed that for you! 

Players
712 posts
15,145 battles

Personally I would keep the steel, yes at the moment nothing may interest you but considering how hard it is to get steel where as coal is pretty easy to build up. It is better to just be a little patient and the coal will come along quickly enough. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

The only case where I can see someone exchanging steel for coal is, if for example Smolensk is about to get pulled from the armoury and there is no time left to get enough coal until it happens.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this