Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Playing on NA

16 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
3,173 posts
12,249 battles

Due to a major eff-up, i have to play something else until the issue is sorted out.

So, what other games to play? WoT? Yeah, tried that and i can't play for more then a hour.

WoWS! Yeah, created an NA account and start as it seems, i have to install another game instance.

Is that correct? No region switch in the official MODpack by WG?

Any options besides installing 30GB or using Mods from questionable sources?

Beta Tester
4,677 posts
20,317 battles

Aslain modpack has the region changer mod.

[CAIN]
Players
3,173 posts
12,249 battles
35 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Aslain modpack has the region changer mod.

I just installed Aslains, and the region changer didn't work.

The login screen didn't gave me an option to choose NA, and for some reason the ports didn't work either.

No mod conflicts, as i'm running the game vanilla. Do i have to install that Realm thingy too?

Any ideads?

[RBMF]
720 posts
7,001 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I just installed Aslains, and the region changer didn't work.

The login screen didn't gave me an option to choose NA, and for some reason the ports didn't work either.

No mod conflicts, as i'm running the game vanilla. Do i have to install that Realm thingy too?

Any ideads?

You don't get an "option" to connect to NA, it literally changes your files so you connect to NA. Put in your NA login details and it should be fine. Downside is you got to run Aslains again to go back to EU.

[CAIN]
Players
3,173 posts
12,249 battles
2 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

You don't get an "option" to connect to NA, it literally changes your files so you connect to NA. Put in your NA login details and it should be fine. Downside is you got to run Aslains again to go back to EU.

Tried that too, and i'm still on EU as i use the email adress for my alt account on EU and my new account on NA.

So, it seems i have to install the game again.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
19 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Tried that too, and i'm still on EU as i use the email adress for my alt account on EU and my new account on NA.

So, it seems i have to install the game again.

In the Gaming Center you can add accounts of different regions. I know, everyone seems to hate the GC, but I'm just saying.

You could also just edit "scripts_config.xml".

[CAIN]
Players
3,173 posts
12,249 battles
26 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

In the Gaming Center you can add accounts of different regions. I know, everyone seems to hate the GC, but I'm just saying.

You could also just edit "scripts_config.xml".

I did add my NA account, but when I ty to launch the game, it launches the EU game.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I did add my NA account, but when I ty to launch the game, it launches the EU game.

Okay, that's strange. But I can't test it, since I don't have an account on another server.

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

No need to install again, you install the realm changer from Aslains modpack and then you open that, change to NA and launch the game from the install-folder instead of the WG launcher. 

That's the way I play NA to get a fresh start when I get tired of the mixed language ypu encounter on EU server. 

Players
1,513 posts
5,823 battles

How is the NA ping, I haven't used my NA account in over a year and it's pretty slow from the UK - around 180-200 ping. 

Players
1,179 posts
9,287 battles

You should install a own instance of the client for a different region. I play on EU and NA for more than 3 years now and used to play with one instance plus region changer and it caused me some trouble in the past. Biggest problem if you play in more than one region is that game updates are available to different times. With one client this means you play in either region but not both until a patch is available for all regions. Also the shared preferences file can and will mess up your client UI. Not in a way that it breaks the game, but to a point where it becomes very annoying, like for example set primary ships that are not available on both regions or window positions are messed up and stuff like this.

It's really the easiest to maintain and most stress free to have one instance per region.

@IanH755 100-110ms from Switzerland. Anything below 180-200ms is still okayish to play because WoWs is not a shooter where every ms counts.

Beta Tester
487 posts
9,880 battles

Why NA not RU, should be smaller lag and play hours are similar to EU.

I used steam edition to see if I can really not use my main account, I do not play it, as it is in fact a separate account.

Weekend Tester
653 posts
6,739 battles

I play WoWS on NA, RU and EU. They all give different gaming experiences. If you are an English speaker, then NA tends to be a lot more communicative and social than EU or RU.

Region changers are not worth the hassle; its far cleaner and easier to install separate NA, EU and RU clients via the Game Centre.

When you start up NA or RU via the Game Centre, it should just ask you for the log-in details for those accounts. Once they accounts are "remembered" by the GC, its just a matter of clicking which client/account you wish to play.

[WTFNO]
Players
412 posts
7,180 battles
26 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I play WoWS on NA, RU and EU. They all give different gaming experiences.

Interesting. Could you elaborate on that ? I'm curious :p

Sign in to follow this