Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Another rental guys

42 comments in this topic

Players
392 posts
1,630 battles

Yeap, another one, after two games with the Nagato. Same deal as before (rental for three days and 50% discount coupon) but this time is the Massachusetts. WTF :Smile_amazed: WG?

shot-19_09.11_13_27.31-0504.thumb.jpg.d5ca85a3296bf2b7ad389c164d9ddd62.jpg

Unfortunately, i don't think i'm going to use her because i already have Georgia, so i didn't need it. If only you could get Supercontainers with ships in them at this rate :Smile_sad:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,369 posts
9,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

hmm never got one of these at all

Same.

Since 2015....

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,615 posts
10,838 battles

Hi all,

18 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Same here... it might be that we have too many "Premium Ships" already and are not "interesting public" for such rental trials... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 8

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,083 battles
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Same here... it might be that we have too many "Premium Ships" already and are not "interesting public" for such rental trials... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

well the only ones i dont have are bayard and west Virginia. wouldnt mind a 50% off bayard though. 

[501L]
Players
12 posts
2,069 battles

I get them all the time. I think it's to do with the fact I haven't spent any money on the game. The less you play/spend the better your offers will get :D

• Cool 1

Players
3,689 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I only have 3 premiums and never got these rentals even before those premiums. I also have not spent a dime on this game at all as well.

Players
392 posts
1,630 battles
8 minuti fa, pion72 ha scritto:

I get them all the time. I think it's to do with the fact I haven't spent any money on the game. The less you play/spend the better your offers will get :D

I think this is the reason, because i still haven't spent any money on the game too.

[DSPA]
Players
440 posts
2,132 battles

where is the time they didn't give rentals but actual 3 free premium ships.. like that tier 5 premium Italian BB... I miss those times :crab:

Players
0 posts
54 minutes ago, pion72 said:

^^This. I also don't spend anything on the game... and in the last 2 months (useful for collecting french snowflakes when it was on) the rentals I can remember having were; Gallant, Molotov, Tirpitz, Ashitaka, Dunkerque and DoY.

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
1,790 battles

I get these all the time. Not steam and zero money spent. I mostly play them once and never again. I got the Tirpitz, the Gneisenau, the Massachusetts, an hm Atago? and others. The only one that impressed me was the Molotov. Still not going to spend thirty Euros on one ship.

[ANV]
Players
339 posts
7,137 battles

If you are  Steam customer, even if you no longer use Steam as your portal to the game, you can get Steam rentals from Steam.... but not offered via WG.

You do tend to get some offers twice also, so f.ex I have "offers" to buy discount Texas/Huange/Anshan via WG shop, and also via Steam - so in theory you could buy them via "one-off offers" twice (or more - technically three times as there is also a 3-ship Steam package..maybe four times as I already ahve these ships and pretty sure i got them via some big discount method at some point in time).  At a point in the past where you got full Doubloon value for the ships one could theoretically make decent dubloon profit "farming" all the offers, but since they adjusted the dubloon compensation it isnt worth it as the discount-ship-doubloon-rate matches the actuall doubloon rate for cash equivalent.

But it can also be negative as some of the Steam packages are woefully out of date, such as the single-ship "offer" of the Huange (With steam flag and port slot) for "just" £16.60p whilst the WeeGee portal is offering the same (less steam flag) for £7.01p
All in all its a bit messed up.

The other oddity with having a Steam original account is that if you go away from the game (for months, 7 in my case) you dont get any "welcome back" packages from WeeGee, nor do you get any "Please come back" packages during that time away (even if you dont use Steam as your portal to playing the game)

@MrConway @Crysantos

I assume that this is simply due to some tracking issues as you cant track those customers actions via Steam? (or somesuch)? even if they use the standard WG Game center as their login point?

Its certianly not a big deal at all, just itneresting to see that there is certianly some "disconnect" on offers depending how you first signed up to the game.

Players
204 posts
5,390 battles

had that the other day, the secondaries are great fun, currently have the Ashitaka to have a mess around in

Beta Tester
4,681 posts
20,337 battles
7 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Wonder why?

You have 22k battles, he has 1k...

That offer is not for you.

Players
392 posts
1,630 battles
1 ora fa, illy ha scritto:

had that the other day, the secondaries are great fun, currently have the Ashitaka to have a mess around in

I got her about a week ago and yes, she's a lot of fun :Smile_glasses:. I'm currently grinding her tech-tree sister, the Amagi, i'm only... 90.000 XP away.:cap_look:

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,083 battles
55 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Wonder why?

You have 22k battles, he has 1k...

That offer is not for you.

someone asked support about it and according to them its given out "at random" so yes it is for me mr sarky  

[501L]
Players
12 posts
2,069 battles
9 hours ago, pion72 said:

2 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

someone asked support about it and according to them its given out "at random" so yes it is for me mr sarky  

Can't be that random, just got DoY on rental a couple of hours ago. :Smile_trollface:

[RBMF]
726 posts
7,001 battles

3abhhx.thumb.jpg.d2ec87cbc89eb55162ef27a649f311a2.jpg

I'm just waiting for ships like Wichita, Bayard, Irian to be available for doubloons in-game. I've got plenty in-game goods to avoid sticking any money into the premium shop. Also I too have never gotten these "try out this ship" rental stuff... but then I have just about every premium there is...

[OCTO]
Players
183 posts
6,055 battles
20 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Same.

Since 2015...

I will wait to buy something from WG store when I will get a 50% like that. Probably never :))

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
183 posts
6,055 battles
9 hours ago, pion72 said:

Can't be that random, just got DoY on rental a couple of hours ago

I think those are for players who did not spent money yet. For someone like me those offers are not available... Well my wallet is closed for WG too. 

A win-win situation here.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,749 posts
17,916 battles
20 hours ago, Nibloke said:

where is the time they didn't give rentals but actual 3 free premium ships.. like that tier 5 premium Italian BB... I miss those times :crab:

Giulio Caesare was never a freemium, only T5 bbs that were free I know of are ARP Kongo clones and Octobarskaya Revolutsia

@CptMinia IIRC Irian was available for doubloons upon release, ok it was in those boxes but still, I bought her for premium CV refund gold

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
31 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Giulio Caesare was never a freemium, only T5 bbs that were free I know of are ARP Kongo clones and Octobarskaya Revolutsia

They did give away thousands of Cesare's to dormant/inactive accounts in order to lure them back in the game (among other ships, also Ishizushi's, Prinz Eugens,...). A mail was sent with "log in, and get this ship for free". That's how MrsFingers got her Cesare. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/145753-email-says-free-cesare-tier-v-and-other-stuffbut-nope/

• Angry 2

Sign in to follow this