Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Game Play on the EU server.

23 comments in this topic

Players
1,434 posts
9,931 battles

Most people know that there have been problems with the EU server with Telekom.de but I wonder if this problem has migrated?

Yesterday and today I have suffered late game entry, freezes in game for up to 3 seconds with higher than normal ping.  I have checked my ISP, broadband speeds, checked the game by the integrity repair and everything seems normal.

I am based in the UK.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
226 posts
7,735 battles

for me it spikes here and then the last two days, ping hops from 25 to (so far highest) 1700 and down again.

[-LA-]
Players
264 posts
2,237 battles

one dc yesterday , came straight back in , other than that had no issues im in the uk

Beta Tester
487 posts
9,880 battles

Was playing yesterday late evening and no issues. I am in Norway so probably most of my path to WG server is different than for UK.

Normally if they have some issues they do give one day premium back, was there any info from WG side about it on official channels?

Players
3,659 posts
245 battles

Just had some in two of my games and took awhile to load in my current game saint louis tier 10 even though i could load into the rest just fine.

Players
3,659 posts
245 battles

Ok not only did it lag out for me just now, but a vlad and another ship also crashed out (vlad was pre angled and already had a kill other ship just sailed at 3/4 speed).

probs just my end but if others are reporting it im not entirely sure now.

@L0V3_and_PE4CE did you get any nasties todeh?

[THESO]
Players
1,888 posts
7,052 battles
Gerade eben, CptBarney sagte:

Ok not only did it lag out for me just now, but a vlad and another ship also crashed out (vlad was pre angled and already had a kill other ship just sailed at 3/4 speed).

probs just my end but if others are reporting im jot entirely sure now.

@L0V3_and_PE4CE did you get any nasties todeh?

I didn't play the game since I did with panokek a while ago. 

No time. Much work. I'm accumulating riches to whale myself deeper into WGs Prem shop

1486361090949.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,659 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

I didn't play the game since I did with panokek a while ago. 

No time. Much work. I'm accumulating riches to whale myself deeper into WGs Prem shop

1486361090949.jpg

Wait? your job includes suffocating toineh beings with paper currency and a dangerous amount of jurassic park VHS tapes?

gunna have to catanos you...

1203315067_catavatar.png.a244f46afab2b24d9a6aa1fb15bccb7d.png

• Funny 1

Players
2,757 posts
8,187 battles

Plenty of lag and twice it has crashed after the game, before going back to port.

Had never happened in the past. Something is going wrong me thinks. 

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
579 posts
7,455 battles

This morning it was awful, lag, FPS very low, sluggish interface.

Then I realized I forgot to plug in the power supply and was running on the bloody battery :)

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
566 posts
10,541 battles

I had some events, where ping went up considerably.

I think however the crash after the game, when the results screen should be loading, as experienced by @Redcap375, is another phenomenon, introduced with the latest patch and also addressed here.

Players
2,757 posts
8,187 battles
16 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I had some events, where ping went up considerably.

I think however the crash after the game, when the results screen should be loading, as experienced by @Redcap375, is another phenomenon, introduced with the latest patch and also addressed here.

Yup, same as me.

It's to do with the latest patch defo.

Players
3,659 posts
245 battles
45 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Yup, same as me.

It's to do with the latest patch defo.

Yeah, i've had similar. I've even seen some players go afk in the middle of firing or moving on both teams and one or two games i load in late. (i checked other games they seem to be fine plus i just cleared quite a bit of stuff from my HDD as well).

Weekend Tester
653 posts
6,739 battles
5 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Most people know that there have been problems with the EU server with Telekom.de but I wonder if this problem has migrated?

Yesterday and today I have suffered late game entry, freezes in game for up to 3 seconds with higher than normal ping.  I have checked my ISP, broadband speeds, checked the game by the integrity repair and everything seems normal.

I am based in the UK.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Maybe use something like "Ping plotter" to see where the latency and packet loss actually is.

A year or so ago Virgin Media had a widespread network fault that caused huge ping, making online gaming impossible. If you called support they of course told you it was the game server or someone else. It was only when the relevant Virgin user forum thread had reached about 60 angry complainants that a senior tech stepped in and admitted it was their network fault. Probably the other ISPs do the same.

During this outage, I found it much better to play to the NA, RU and even Asia servers, as the routing was much quicker and more direct than the dreadful mess that was the UK-EU route.

[NOCAP]
Players
5,085 posts
10,033 battles

The only way to get Verification on that is to run a Tracert and see if you have any interruptions. 

Like this for example:

11-09-_2019_17-14-06.jpg

Short Explanation: the 145.xxx IP is a Vodafone Backbone for Example. Till here you shouldn't see any Interruptions. If this is the case you definetly would have an Issue with your ISP. 

decix-fr5-gcore.lu is an IT Node in Frankfurt am Main, basically transferring the Data to Luxemburg. In the past there often have been Issues in Various Games and Providers in relation to that Location.

11-09-_2019_17-13-56.jpg

The 3 timeouts you see may be normal as I cannot tell if the Big Data Center in Luxembourg  allows Pinging. However you can also see that I can reach the Location / IP of the Login Server.

Another possible method would be to make a ping -t, trying to reach the Destination for a longer Time Period. 

11-09-_2019_17-24-03.jpg

Players
2,009 posts
10,860 battles

No connectivity issues playing from Singapore.Ping did go between 100+ to 200_ though.

[BBMM]
Players
3,962 posts
4,406 battles

No connectivity issues here either. I only have trouble when everyone else is having trouble.

Just a reminder, it might NOT be your ISP, nor WGs fault at all. Remember this:

My signal, from a little town in the back of the jungle in the north of Holland,

first goes to the switch in Groningen, and then it gets dispatched to Zwolle - which is where my ISP connects to "the great net".

But it is not actually there that it connects, it probably runs through the central Dutch server station in Utrecht.

Means at my side there's at least 3 times where it can go wrong. 

if they have a delay or lots of clients downloading Pr0n, well... 

And I'm sure WG is connected similarly. I dunno how much Pr0n their fellow-clients at that server-station are downloading though.

I'm quite sure (hey, this is Holland...) my side will grab a much larger portion of that. :Smile_trollface:

[SRW]
Players
358 posts
4,367 battles

Yesterday in the middle of the battle in Ranked it froze and seconds later disconnected. By the time I reconnected and got into the battle (which takes way longer than it should) I was dead and my team was ready for a loss.

This is not new, it's been going on for a while now and as far as I know they did absolutely nothing to fix the issues.

I guess they are working on new premium crates and stupid bundles.

Players
522 posts
9,670 battles

Been having massive lag spikes from Friday on wards, ping is normally about 33ms then it would occasionally spike to 90-180ms causing a delay where the game has to catch up for like a max of 3 secs, this isn't to do with the local internet as it happened at another location on a different supplier as well. sounds similar to others issues, must be a UK problem then.

Luckily have not had a full disconnect as of yet.

Players
1,434 posts
9,931 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Must be a UK problem then.

As it was recently with the Germans perhaps?

Sign in to follow this