You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoobySkooby

Just a quick reminder, please....

35 comments in this topic

Players
2,046 posts

A CV's job is to hunt the DD's down right?

Been away from CV's for so long I have to re-learn them, being  'torp man myself I prefer other targets, anyways, enough digression, how do you spot the DD's without overshooting the damn things first, this is rather somewhat annoying.

[JRM]
Players
2,717 posts
17,867 battles

Well yes and no, depends on circumstances... One or two dds per side? I would say - go for them... Four per side? Probably not, as you will spend the entire fight looking for little pests shedding loads of planes in the proces and for few tens of thousands of damage done, even with it paying and giving more xp its still questinable if its worthwile

[RBMF]
706 posts
7,001 battles

No, depends entirely on the matchmaker and situation. You will need plenty of game experience to be able to recognise particular situations early enough to change the outcome or ensure it comes out in your and your team's favour, something that cannot be taught in a forum post.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,060 posts
21,640 battles
35 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

how do you spot the DD's without overshooting the damn things first, this is rather somewhat annoying.

If u have general idea where it is, then WG gave u nice tool in a form of spotted sign for planes. If that fails, just fly over the bugger and remember its speed and heading when u turn around(few of them change course, most speed), just have your boost ready to brake before u spot it to make last changes.

Edit: pls dont use it on me!

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
[P-W-C]
Players
4,923 posts
27,404 battles

If you attack the DD from behind it's better. Much more dmg. Few days ago I blapped a shima in that way on midway. 12k from one attack. 

[-LA-]
Players
263 posts
2,237 battles
7 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

A CV's job is to hunt the DD's down right?

Been away from CV's for so long I have to re-learn them, being  'torp man myself I prefer other targets, anyways, enough digression, how do you spot the DD's without overshooting the damn things first, this is rather somewhat annoying.

a problem i have with US CV's fast planes tiny detect range (why a 100m+ long boat belching black smoke out and causing a huge wake can only be seen 2km out but a tiny speck of a plane camod against the sky and coming out of the sun is visible 10 km out is beyond me) means your past them before they actually appear , just have to hope they turn thier AA on , then its look at the heading line up your shot and start the run early.

as always as a CV player your damage is entirely dependant on them making mistakes and a unhealthy dollop of RNG

• Cool 1

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles

your primary job as a CV is too mainly go for damage, and also to damage BB's. You can go after DD's and it is recommended but you need to know where and when to go after certain targets (flanking dd's, cruisers parked behind islands, lone BB's etc).

rockets are better suited for dd's miss hosho can comfortably torp dd's due to two torps and fast torps (also with torp accel you can reach almost 60knots which is pretty insane on the jap cv's).

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,083 battles

You can't say that a specific ship has a specific job. You only so what's necessary to win in that situation. Playing your ships 'role' over Reading the situation at hand is the mark of a bad player. 

• Cool 3

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles

Main task for CV is to do damage. But then, main "source" for said damage numbers tend to be the most armed with AA, so casualties will follow while you might not be able to exert enough pressure on enemy team to win the game. Spanking lolibotes on other hand, can quickly tip the game in your favor and give you plenty of exp/credits, even if you don't get nice fat damage numbers.

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,645 posts
6,078 battles

Disgusting. CV's hunting lolibotes, utterly disgusting. 

Go make baby's obsolete, and leave the bigger kids alone :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Its not my fault all aspects of the game tells you "ignore baBBies". They have damage mitigation (torpedo belts, reinforced decks, hidden citadels), health recovery, most AA to pew pew at planes and even game economy tells you so, as within time frame you would kill single baBBy you would spank quite a number of lolibotes and get so much more exp:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
2,756 posts
8,182 battles

DD's win games.  That's my view on things. 

So the first thing i used to kill in the old RST was DD's.  If i'm in a DD i kill the enemy DD and if i'm in a Radar cruiser, the DD's are the first in my mind to die.

You limit their DD, you increase your owns potential to grab caps and get things done. 

If there is one thing you can be sure of, if a DD is spotted up it's going to be the universal target for everyone on your team, just like a CV that gets too close is.

Remember, Damage on it's own doesn't truly win games, something the Conq taught me. It's nailing important targets for your team to kill (like ones close to death, kill before heal or catch broadside) that does. 

All CV player sees now is DAMAGE! it's not their fault really as WG have made them this way.

And this is coming from a born-again DD player :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
9 posts
3,225 battles

If you overshoot a DD whilst searching you can drop your fighters above it to keep it spotted whilst you come around to line up your attack run

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,645 posts
6,078 battles
27 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

DD's win games.  That's my view on things. 

So the first thing i used to kill in the old RST was DD's.  If i'm in a DD i kill the enemy DD and if i'm in a Radar cruiser, the DD's are the first in my mind to die.

You limit their DD, you increase your owns potential to grab caps and get things done. 

Shhh this is top sektrit information, it should not be leaked to general public comrade. 

28 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

And this is coming from a born-again DD player :cap_tea:

You're betraying your sisterhood!

• Cool 3

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles
37 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

When you see a DD:

Elrisistas.jpg.b14c840c02bb23bc70f148e153c6e623.jpg

When i see a DD:

507016933_sealrainbowBeyondrainbow.png.29f925ddc99b5ea049d521b46d09d5e7.png

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
228 posts
15,083 battles

Erm....not going to encourage any CV play, not that I could give you any advice anyway..:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,014 posts
13,775 battles

Mostly it takes too much time and effort to hunt down a DD nowadays. CVs main job right now is to do and stack dmg on BBs as fast as possible. If you can spot and annoy a DD inbetween its extra team points :)

[B0TS]
Players
228 posts
15,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Mostly it takes too much time and effort to hunt down a DD nowadays. CVs main job right now is to do and stack dmg on BBs as fast as possible. If you can spot and annoy a DD inbetween its extra team points :)

Congrats on your 1000th post :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,014 posts
13,775 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

Congrats on your 1000th post :Smile_honoring:

You meant my 1000th spam :cap_horn:

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,645 posts
6,078 battles
3 minutes ago, Corvi said:

I take offense to that, it''s only spam when you reach 9000 19000!

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
228 posts
15,083 battles
3 minutes ago, Corvi said:

That's your words, not mine  :Smile_smile:

Players
2,130 posts
11,647 battles

There is no set game plan for CV’s. Some games need the DD’s dealt with early due to the way the teams set out, or the way the game flows. Some games it’s better to just ignore them as it’s clear their contribution to the red team will be minimal. 

No game is the same.

• Cool 1

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
22 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I take offense to that, it''s only spam when you reach 9000

And when you reach 18000 you get ban from SerB himself:Smile_trollface:

[B0TS]
Players
228 posts
15,083 battles