Tatsfield

Commander Retraining

4 comments in this topic

Question

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,597 battles

What happens to Commander XP when earned by a commander in retraining?  I'm retaining my one and only 19 point commander and I wondered if deliberately earning him Commander XP would accelerate his training.  I have Zulu Hotel signals.  Should I make a point of flying them from his command or should I avoid so doing?  I'm prepared for a long haul to bring him up to trained status and I blush to say I don't buy gold. :Smile_facepalm:

3 answers to this question

[THESO]
Players
1,202 posts
15,782 battles
1 hour ago, Tatsfield said:

What happens to Commander XP when earned by a commander in retraining?  I'm retaining my one and only 19 point commander and I wondered if deliberately earning him Commander XP would accelerate his training.  I have Zulu Hotel signals.  Should I make a point of flying them from his command or should I avoid so doing?  I'm prepared for a long haul to bring him up to trained status and I blush to say I don't buy gold. :Smile_facepalm:

Any 19pt-commander in retraining will not earn elite commander XP as he usually would. The CXP will be fully used for the retraining. Consequently it doesn't make an awful lot of sense to slowly retrain the 19pt-commander by playing it. You can just as well use your eliteCXP to accelerate retraining and then play the captain to earn that eliteCXP back. Doing so has a blatant advantage: You play your battles with a fully functional captain, which should increase your overall performance, probability of winning and in the end your XP / CXP earned per battle. So you will get that eliteCXP back in less battles than doing the retraining with a 50%-penalized captain.

Generally, as soon as you have even one 19pt-captain, the whole captain-trainer-concept for premium ships becomes obsolete. You can then accelerate any commander in retraining and just play a couple of games in your 19-pointer to compensate the loss of eliteCXP.

• Cool 1

Players
1,717 posts
12 hours ago, Tatsfield said:

Ahoy Tatsfield,

I am not sure what you mean, However I will try and help you.

Quote :- " What happens to Commander XP when earned by a commander in retraining? " eq<   

It either goes to that commander or goes to the elite commander pool if the Commander has 19pts :-

image.thumb.png.57f8b956856a2af73905dec3721f9b53.png

If your skills are orange, it goes to pay off, the retraining costs 1st. ( I dont have one to show you )

Quote :-Should I make a point of flying them from his command or should I avoid so doing" ? eq :-

I think use, any thing you can to get your Commander to 19 Pts, for my self its important to have 19pts commanders, although there is some talk that commander skills " are not all they are cracked up to be " , Not a view I personally hold, but this view is out there, in " Illuminated " circles. I do admit there may be " Grey Areas " with in Commander Skills.

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,597 battles

Thanks guys.  I can see that I can shuffle my 19 pt cmdr to my premium ship where he doesn't retrain and earn elite CXP .  I overlooked this capacity.  All along I've been just moving my best cmdr up to the new vessel and all the others stepping up through the fleet with a junior taking on the vacancy left at the bottom.  That meant that they were all retraining!  At a low level this didn't seem to be too arduous but as the cmdrs come up through the ranks the retraining becomes longer and longer.   I was worried that the Zulu Hotel signals would be wasted on a 19 pt cmdr who couldn't actually advance any more and didn't know if they would speed his retraining.  Now I understand that CXP earned through battles including the extra which ZH signal gives actually reduce the training, I can easily train the 19 pt cmdr as well as advancing my lesser ranks.  Thanks again for taking the time to look at my query.  I like commander skills but they do need to be tailored to the vessel being commanded.  I tend to stick to BBs so it's not too difficult to identify the better options.

Sign in to follow this