Sign in to follow this  
Charles__Vane__

Premium ships are OP ?! (not a troll, some stats :) )

9 comments in this topic

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

Hello dear captains!

I find that recently the premium ships addition make the tech tree less interesting and less performing. Not only the "CA cruiser that hits like BB" trends.

Let's look at the T-X cruisers ranking on Wows stats and Numbers, clearly the 3 first ships are premium ships.

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3760109008,Stalingrad/

The  difference, in terms of winrate, is quite significant, because most of the ships are around 50% WR, while the first 2 premiums are way ahead of that (closer to 60%).

It is the same for BBs, first BB is a premium, and by a mile:

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4179572528,Grosser-Kurfurst/

Do I ask about DDs?

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4282267344,Shimakaze/

Then again, a premium leads the board, with a HUGE advance (there is 3% of WR difference between the second and the last one, while there is 7% between the second and the first, which is a premium).

So, I believed that at the origin the premiums were a means to give new players a way to progress faster, and/or to train captains.

But now, clearly, premium ships are the ships to have if you want to be among the best.

And yes, you'll probably vouch for WG saying that the best players are the ones who buy premium, because they have doubloons or steel/coal, but still, there should not be such a difference.

What is the point of tech tree ships then? Food for premium ships? Is WG aware of that (I guess so) and at anypoint do they plan to balance ships?

It's like the current ranked, Musashi in T9, that's a joke. It looks more like a TX ship....it rapes the TX ships.

oh, it makes me think about T9 ships; for ranked:

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4180588528,Buffalo/

(wow, then again; no  surprise, first 3 ships are premium).

and T9 BB:

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3761190608,Musashi/

Guess what, again, 3 first ships, 3 premiums.

I'm not a very long time player, but I find that recently we have more and more premium ships, and more and more OP.

Charles

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,240 posts
14,521 battles
  • Wrong conclusions
  • You have to account for higher point captains
  • You have to account for more experienced players

And please use a stats source that does not compare current with 3 year old stats...

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Lets see...

BBs: Bourgogne, Georgia, Musahsi, Jean Bart, and Missouri can only be earned in the game. No pay to win if you can't pay for it.

Cruisers: Smolesnk, Stalingrad, and Yoshino are all ships you can only earn in the game. No pay to win if you can't pay for it.

DDs: Somers can only be earned in the game. No pay to win if you can't pay for it.

You might need to pick other examples if you want to create a FUD thread like this.

• Funny 2

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

it's not intended as a "FUD thread" (I don't even know what it means...but I guess the idea).

But I knew players (who probably own these ships ;) ) would contest the numbers.

I admit pay to win might not be the best word, and I'll fix the title.

Still, I really think the premium ships recently added is more efficient than the regulars tech tree ships. But hey, I knew veterans would told me that.

It's like TX players saying to weak T8 ships "no MM is great!" :)

EDIT: The original title was "Pay to win", which explains the 2 previous comments. Since it's not exactly "paid" ships, I've edited the title. 

• Boring 1

Players
1,717 posts
52 minutes ago, Charles__Vane__ said:

Hello dear captains!

So, I believed that at the origin the premiums were a means to give new players a way to progress faster, and/or to train captains.

Charles

Tallyho Charles,

How does a new player get his hands on :-

Stalingrad, Colbert, Musashi and Smolenski ?

:cap_tea:

Also The most important statistics are the real stats that a business keeps secret, ones you can not see. There are many many real life cases of " OPEN " statistics being " Gerrymandered " by sales departments to sell things.

Relax Dude, go get a cup of coffee and buy a Jean Bart, and indulge in some " Real Pay to Win "

• Cool 1

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

You are right for this kind of ships, it's bought with money earned in the game. It is still funny how you all (not you in particular) look for details to discredit me, ignoring the whole "all first ships in leaderboard are premium".

Fine by me, it was a stupid move to create this thread, I'm with stupid, admins, please close it, game's perfect.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
7 minutes ago, Charles__Vane__ said:

You are right for this kind of ships, it's bought with money earned in the game. It is still funny how you all (not you in particular) look for details to discredit me, ignoring the whole "all first ships in leaderboard are premium".

Fine by me, it was a stupid move to create this thread, I'm with stupid, admins, please close it, game's perfect.

Now it is you who is ignoring something:

42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And please use a stats source that does not compare current with 3 year old stats...

I don't doubt that you think that those ships are overpowered. But there is more to factor in then just overall stats of several years.

If those ships are overpowered, then WG will adjust them. They recently clarified that ships from the armory are not considered premium ships by them and might get balance adjustments if they see them as performing to well.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this