You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Endorphin187

Why no perma camo for T5 ?

Do you want T5 perma camos ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want T5 perma camos ?

• Yes
    • Nope

51 comments in this topic

Players
1,285 posts
7,108 battles

I would like to see more historical camouflages (this includes ships that now have a wrong camouflage), and since there was a Kuma-class with camo I want them even at tier 4, as long as the price is right.

Another example is the Kirov, one of her sisters used the camouflage now put onto the Krasny Krym.

As for reasons, probably they don't sell enough to justify the work involved.

• Cool 5

Players
1,723 posts
3,315 battles

If I remember correctly, the only tier 5 that has perma camo is New York, but I don't see any reason why other ships shouldn't have it as well.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Why? Perm cammo is for modifiers not looks. Want looks install a mod, no need to spend doubloons buying cammo for low/mid tier ships.

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles
10 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Why? Perm cammo is for modifiers not looks. Want looks install a mod, no need to spend doubloons buying cammo for low/mid tier ships.

why not.

Elrisistas.jpg.c94f96c4163a5f6bcaf2903004b8d939.jpg

Players
1,717 posts
2 hours ago, Endorphin187 said:

Hey Guys, 

Are there reasons why the T5 ships got no option for perma camos? 

:cap_look:

Good Question. !

My Vote :- YES

( I have a lot of Battle ship grey paint in one of my warehouses should some one need it cheap )  :cap_haloween:

Players
374 posts
14,714 battles

For me I would like to see free perma camos for tier 5. If WG want more to play them,that may be the answer. Tier 5 could be one of the most played tiers if this happened, helping the game in the process.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,624 posts
20,473 battles

I spoke to @MrConwayabout it and he answered there are no plans for t5 and lower perma camos as they would unbalance the game.

While I do not agree with this stance, as having a +50% XP camo does not in any way influence the game, I have no hopes of T5 ever getting historical perma camos.

Players
1,717 posts
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

perma camos as they would unbalance the game.

How very interesting !

There for if this is the case, WOWS admit  this   image.png.7c198ce6dacce38b0351361abe36f4e0.png   is a DOG and only can compete / be balanced, with perm camo.

Now here,s the thing if the balancing of a ships is down to +4% +3% for a perma camo, it would prove that the " Open Statistics " that a lot of people seem to be in love with, are total " Horse Sh1t  as this is way more than 4% diffrance in the " current " Buy Me I am new and shinny ship" I make you good win rate Comrade, blar blar blar ~~~

Lock and Load, bring on the Salt 

:Smile_izmena: 

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
15 minutes ago, Chiledip said:

For me I would like to see free perma camos for tier 5. If WG want more to play them,that may be the answer. Tier 5 could be one of the most played tiers if this happened, helping the game in the process.

Do you think economy is what is keeping players at the end tiers, and that making economy even better for new people to grind obscene amounts of fxp/credits by giving mid tier even more bonuses? 

Getting people to play mid to high tiers is done by making end tier economically less viable ( which is a tad late considering the amount of people with literally hundreds of millions of credits on their account not to mention the fxp they have accumulated by now ), or by adding content which is gated behind campaigns which require people to play those tiers to obtain their rewards. 

Research bureau is a nice idea, but it's nothing more as a money grab. If WG cared about people playing low tiers, it wouldn't be: play single battle to win, fxp the rest. They could easilly designed a campaign which just forced people to earn X amount of XP on certain ships in certain lines, without a need to reset lines, and without allowing people to cheat the intended idea by spending their fxp to basically skip everything WG said they wanted to achieve. 

• Cool 3

Players
374 posts
14,714 battles
11 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Do you think economy is what is keeping players at the end tiers, and that making economy even better for new people to grind obscene amounts of fxp/credits by giving mid tier even more bonuses? 

Getting people to play mid to high tiers is done by making end tier economically less viable ( which is a tad late considering the amount of people with literally hundreds of millions of credits on their account not to mention the fxp they have accumulated by now ), or by adding content which is gated behind campaigns which require people to play those tiers to obtain their rewards. 

Research bureau is a nice idea, but it's nothing more as a money grab. If WG cared about people playing low tiers, it wouldn't be: play single battle to win, fxp the rest. They could easilly designed a campaign which just forced people to earn X amount of XP on certain ships in certain lines, without a need to reset lines, and without allowing people to cheat the intended idea by spending their fxp to basically skip everything WG said they wanted to achieve. 

We can all be guilty of only seeing things from the point of view of ourselves and our peers. Like you,me and I dare say most people on this forum, the addition of free T5 camos would not entice us to play more T5. However there are many newer players and many F2P players who would play more T5s in their daily rota if they had premium camos.

I agree with much of the sentiment of your reply, especially economy and RB. However I have always preferred the carrot and the stick rather than the just the latter. The RB is just a grab disguised as a carrot and free T5 camos would, IMO anyway, have been preferable.

Beta Tester
713 posts
42 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I spoke to @MrConwayabout it and he answered there are no plans for t5 and lower perma camos as they would unbalance the game.

While I do not agree with this stance, as having a +50% XP camo does not in any way influence the game, I have no hopes of T5 ever getting historical perma camos.

he has probably the different understanding of word balance like all wg

when confronted with an uncomfortable issue they just spit out whatever lies they can come up with ...

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 hour ago, Chiledip said:

However there are many newer players and many F2P players who would play more T5s in their daily rota if they had premium camos.

I don't really see why as without premium I still make credits on tier X ( without any premium cammo's either ) so I can't imagine more people playing lower tier premiums for credits. Myself, I have a LOT of games in my low tier premiums, when I obtained most of those general server population was still stuck at those tiers. Heck, Atago was my first tier 8 :Smile_honoring:

Also, there are plenty of tier 5 premiums with cammo's which offer benefits economically ( again, not that it's needed imo ). Those low tier premiums I think aren't much more expensive as a tier X perma cammo, so again I don't see a need for tier 5 premium cammo's economically. And if it's just aesthetics, I would rather use a mod ( heck I am using the one from modstation which replaces a lot of cammo's with historical one's so I don't even see all those special cammo's I have ). 

If economy can't be what makes people play them, imo a lot of people play mid tiers because meta is different so I would use that argument. Higher tier matches also contain more 'paper' content, and I know people who really do like the immersion they feel when playing lower tiers. So WG could just consider that economy is broken already, and adding more bonus cammo's to lower tier content won't break it much further. 

The fact that they don't is also a sign they are looking at ways to at least not worsen it, and at best make it better. 

2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Use a mod? Or do you really want it for the economical bonus?

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,709 battles
3 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

If I remember correctly, the only tier 5 that has perma camo is New York, but I don't see any reason why other ships shouldn't have it as well.

Emerald also have even though its no longer for sale. With the Steel master skin mod from the Modstation its actually looks plausible.

shot-19_09.01_13_27.04-0553.thumb.jpg.78b0f063455d466f2aec10bed423f775.jpg

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,624 posts
20,473 battles
2 hours ago, mtm78 said:

Use a mod?

What mod will give me historical camos for the ships T5 and lower without changing my ships T6 and up?

PS: I'm already running the Type 5 camo on all of my silvers.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

It's some work but you could put up a request for a modpack doing what you want, who knows. Or look into splitting the low tier historical cammo's from high tier one's yourself ( think it's res_mods\version\content\gameplay\camouflage\textures ). 

Players
680 posts
10,256 battles
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Wut? erm... why? How? When? Wut? Like WUT!?

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Players
716 posts
10,553 battles
9 hours ago, Aragathor said:

What a load of horse excrements. If anything, it would be one of the possible ways to repopulate low tiers instead of RB. Tier 5 is usually uptiered to T7 anyway so I fail to see where the sealclubbing is? If you don't own a GC or Kamikaze you won't be doing much clubbing in the silver ships.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,848 posts
14,117 battles
9 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I would suggest that this is complete <insert non-rule-breaking term for what comes out of the south end of a north-bound male cow> - lower tier perma-flage usually has a far worse set of bonuses than multiple very common single-use cammos.

If WG want to reduce the average earnings per T5 game, perma-flage wouldn't be a bad way of doing it. Personally, I would like to see (and would pay for) T5 perma-flage, but only because it looks pretty; if I wanted to boost earnings, I would swap it out for one-use cammo.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,166 battles
13 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I don't see much reason for it, so 'nope' for me.

Why? Furutaka is amazing, T5 Soviet BB, Emile Bertin, Kirov (is somebody doesn't have the Mołotov) .

[CAIN]
Players
4,525 posts
19,144 battles

I‘d love perma camos for tIV and V. 

And if economy is really an issue at those tiers, just give them 5-10% XP gain plus the standard combat bonuses, voila. Problem solved. 

I don’t think mods are a solution, at least for me. Mods have to be updated after each and every patch, which is annoying. 

And when the mod gets discontinued, your $hit out of luck. 

It be a small source of income for WG, wouldn‘t imbalance the already imbalanced economy further and would make quite a few people happy. 

• Cool 5

[-TPF-]
Players
4,029 posts
16,639 battles

All anyone is after is the standard concealment and dispersion mods + some nice cosmetics. Even for the price of a Tier VI perma camo, it's still worthwhile.

• Cool 2

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

By economy he might mean " we can't charge very many doubloons for T5 camos so we aren't going to bother"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1