Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oberendgegner

Fix Raptor or remove from queue

9 comments in this topic

Players
91 posts

Please either fix the pathfinding AI or remove Scenarios that heavily depend on it from the queue. Someone gets in the way of Raptor and it will just keep going in circles non-stop.

You lose even if you killed every single enemy, because the AI can't handle simple things like that.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,739 posts

That bug is around for ages, however it seems to be to rare to be traced and fixed

• Cool 1

[BDE]
[BDE]
Beta Tester
477 posts
30,844 battles

hello,the bots crusiers no damage,launch torp before death and salvos,bb ram to cv raptor,focus in player low life.

please revise programing bots for repair.  

Players
125 posts

This bug is still there. Players don't need to block it path. If Raptor goes south, then south-west he will never come in time to evac zone, and we fail.

shot-19.10.06_18.07.52-0592.jpg

shot-19.10.06_18.11.00-0090.jpg

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,739 posts

Last time I played it had to push Raptor back on track at the end for 5* :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,776 posts
18,925 battles

Once the Raptor ran aground dodging torps but a gentle push from a BB going it off the island and back on track 

Weekend Tester
870 posts
6,593 battles

I have made a couple notes about this Raptor rescue operation:

- When you arrive at Raptor and 1st enemy patrol destroyed. Northern enemy patrols work well, but the southern enemy fleet is stuck at the edge of the south.

- Enemy BBs never shot back and not used AA in the final stage of operation

Weekend Tester
870 posts
6,593 battles

5 hours ago, Toneldren said:

This bug is still there. Players don't need to block it path. If Raptor goes south, then south-west he will never come in time to evac zone, and we fail.

Never happened for me when we went to the south-west.

Players
125 posts
12 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Never happened for me when we went to the south-west.

From last Thursday, two times for me.

13 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

I have made a couple notes about this Raptor rescue operation:

- When you arrive at Raptor and 1st enemy patrol destroyed. Northern enemy patrols work well, but the southern enemy fleet is stuck at the edge of the south.

- Enemy BBs never shot back and not used AA in the final stage of operation

Yeah, there is "static squadron" (Kuma, Aoba and one more, Furutaka perhaps) as free target practice for carriers, or a zone where CV can get some points, especially British ones. But its good as it is with current AI and players aircraft carriers disparity (like AI shorter distances between torpedo's, shorter drop zone, and players hating RNG where you target indicator shows attack line like this "II" but your torpedo's goes in the end (enforced by RNG) like this "\/" or "|/" to deliberately miss target). This can be fixed or not, since they are not entirely passive, because they start firing if they detect in they range any "green" marked ships, the only "bug" is that they are "static".

For me "passive" battleships are reasonable, because if they will start shooting (well they are starting shooting anyway if they are not destroyed before they reach they destination zone) at less "competent" players then most operations will end as failures (as Narai often does). The same goes for most cruisers who don't drop torpedo's at all. If they do, this operation will end as instant failures too.

Fixing both problems will increase difficulty rate tremendously, but i doubt that they (Wargaming devs) will increase rewards too, to attract better players, or encourage them to increase they efforts. So I know of this problems, but its better to leave them as they are (except Raptor route problem).

In the end this is only my opinion and my point of view, since developers will do what they want with players consent or without it. For me current state of this operation is acceptable (they need only to fix Raptor route), because as you can see im mostly Operation and PvE player (I love PvP too but in games where RNG is not as omnipotent "god" as it is in WoW-s) and without squadron/guild (most squadrons are PvP oriented), so increasing its difficulty will render this game unplayable for me (WoW-s is not a game where you can play in lone wolf mode under watchful eye of its "deus ex" RNG).

Ps: Sorry for my second hand English, and best regards for ya.

Sign in to follow this