Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Anniversary Coupons

30 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I received an e-mail on the 26th Aug:

It's been a year since your first battle in World of Warships. We congratulate you on this occasion and want to give you 10 sets of probably the most beautiful camo in the game—For Meritorious Service—and a special patch. Just log in to the game and the gift will be added to your account right after your first battle.

In a few battles, you will also get a coupon that entitles you to a 30% discount for items that are usually sold without any discount. You can even use it for doubloons and Premium Account time.

The Patch and paint came more or less straight away, but no coupon, which I was intending to use to get the Alabama.   I chased up WG, and basically they gave me a coupon valid for 2/3 days, which has expired, without any notification, in contrast to what it states on the MY coupons page; that you will receive confirmation via e-mail.  

Naturally WG deemed my e-mail address to be at fault, funny that I've had e-mails including last nights about a bonus code for 2 containers, but ZERO about a 30% coupon, clearly it's a CV rework (screw up).   And they are unable to do anything about it ?.   Anyone else have trouble with no existent promised coupons ?.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

No I didn't I've been waiting, no where to look, no e-mail and the very vague in a few games ?.  Glad to see WG values it's customers so highly.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Mabe we will get coupons with a delay as per EU server tradition? 

Tbf i wouldnt know what to use it on exept prem time, but i still have cca 450 days of that left :Smile_smile:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,683 battles

I've not had any email about coupons - was it something for everyone?

Players
1,001 posts
14,454 battles

Do you need the confirmation e-mail? If you log-in to the shop page you should see the coupon there waiting for you.

Edit: the website is not working properly for me atm.

Players
2,305 posts

Received my email and three codes but only one would redeem.

Ticket created so I shall await WG reply...

Screenshot (427).png

Screenshot (428).png

[HOO]
Players
48 posts
3,927 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Screenshot (427).png

Screenshot (428).png

If it's the same email I got, it says you can redeem one and give the other codes to two friends.   However, none of the codes they gave me work for me or my friends.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Screenshot (427).png

Screenshot (428).png

That's because the other two are for friends.

And this is not at all what the OP is talking about. Did anybody actually bother to read his post? :cap_wander:

@MadBadDave did you check the premium shop? There is a button somewhere that says "active coupons" or something like that, and it should be there even without confirmation email.

I don't think I ever received a confirmation mail for these x years in the game anniversaries.

[CATS]
Players
27,243 posts
14,525 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Yeah, writing, what does it mean? Who needs it? The written word is so overvalued these days.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
59 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

That's because the other two are for friends.

And this is not at all what the OP is talking about. Did anybody actually bother to read his post? :cap_wander:

@MadBadDave did you check the premium shop? There is a button somewhere that says "active coupons" or something like that, and it should be there even without confirmation email.

I don't think I ever received a confirmation mail for these x years in the game anniversaries.

Yep I checked in "my coupons", and there is none, but it does clearly state;  a confirmation e-mail will be sent when a coupon has been applied to your account, which everyone can see for themselves, I never got one, but as stated WG blamed my e-mail address even though I got the one last night about the bonus code (2 crates), and essentially said tough luck you missed out!. 

The usual mightier than thou response.

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
13,506 battles

Got nothing in E-mail,or in the site...probably the E-mail postman messed something up and got sent to Siberia for some re-education.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Maybe an official response from Mr Conway would address this query, I.e do EU users get a discount coupon or not, and if so as per the statement in “my coupons”, shouldn’t we get an email notifying us of said coupon ?.

[PUPSI]
Players
799 posts
2,665 battles
20 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

I received an e-mail on the 26th Aug:

It's been a year since your first battle in World of Warships. We congratulate you on this occasion and want to give you 10 sets of probably the most beautiful camo in the game—For Meritorious Service—and a special patch. Just log in to the game and the gift will be added to your account right after your first battle.

In a few battles, you will also get a coupon that entitles you to a 30% discount for items that are usually sold without any discount. You can even use it for doubloons and Premium Account time.

The Patch and paint came more or less straight away, but no coupon, which I was intending to use to get the Alabama.   I chased up WG, and basically they gave me a coupon valid for 2/3 days, which has expired, without any notification, in contrast to what it states on the MY coupons page; that you will receive confirmation via e-mail.  

Naturally WG deemed my e-mail address to be at fault, funny that I've had e-mails including last nights about a bonus code for 2 containers, but ZERO about a 30% coupon, clearly it's a CV rework (screw up).   And they are unable to do anything about it ?.   Anyone else have trouble with no existent promised coupons ?.

19 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Maybe an official response from Mr Conway would address this query, I.e do EU users get a discount coupon or not, and if so as per the statement in “my coupons”, shouldn’t we get an email notifying us of said coupon ?.

Looking at that email, you were given that stuff not for the anniversary of WOWS as a whole but for your anniversary as a player.

Having recently had my second, I can confirm that you do get a coupon for that. I would have thought that email is your notification, and you could have logged into the premium store to find it. Sadly it will have expired by now. I think you should have got an in-game notification telling you that? That's where all of my coupon notifications have come in the past.

But it is poor that the email doesn't include instructions on how to find your coupon, considering it's not necessarily 100% obvious.

@ everyone else:  think the general anniversary rewards are a separate issue? Or is there something going around that I've missed?

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
15 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Looking at mail it seems to be working as intended:

Hello Panocek!

Our team has some gifts for you: a couple of containers with Coal for you and your friends, as well as Premium Account time and ships for those of your friends who haven't played World of Warships yet.

Activate one of the codes yourself and send the other two codes to your friends. Both you and your friends will receive two "More Resources" containers. Additional Coal just never goes amiss!

No coupons otherwise. Losing nothing of value as I still intend to keep wallet shut for the game:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
45 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Looking at that email, you were given that stuff not for the anniversary of WOWS as a whole but for your anniversary as a player.

Having recently had my second, I can confirm that you do get a coupon for that. I would have thought that email is your notification, and you could have logged into the premium store to find it. Sadly it will have expired by now. I think you should have got an in-game notification telling you that? That's where all of my coupon notifications have come in the past.

But it is poor that the email doesn't include instructions on how to find your coupon, considering it's not necessarily 100% obvious.

@ everyone else:  think the general anniversary rewards are a separate issue? Or is there something going around that I've missed?

It was indeed my first anniversary as a player, the original email was very vague in notification, but explicit in what I would get. Again my coupons is very clear; any new coupons will be notified via email, I got no email, was the original notification ?, did it say check and as you saw where to look/how to do it.  And even the response I got from customer servs was vague; sorry you missed out but hopefully you’ll get another very soon:).    

Do EU users get the coupon and why given WG’s natural ability to charge the earth and for everything are they hesitant to provide a  coupon when it means they get another 30 quid ??.

I would say it defies logic, but then we are talking about WG.

Weekend Tester
823 posts
9,424 battles
38 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

It was indeed my first anniversary as a player, the original email was very vague in notification, but explicit in what I would get. Again my coupons is very clear; any new coupons will be notified via email, I got no email, was the original notification ?, did it say check and as you saw where to look/how to do it.  And even the response I got from customer servs was vague; sorry you missed out but hopefully you’ll get another very soon:).    

Do EU users get the coupon and why given WG’s natural ability to charge the earth and for everything are they hesitant to provide a  coupon when it means they get another 30 quid ??.

A couple of months ago n NA and RU I got a message pop-up in-game that congratulated me on another anniversary (I opened my NA and RU accounts around the same time). Those messages gave some cammos and flags as a present.

Quite separately, and simultaneously (around 1st August), NA and RU both gave me a 30% premium store coupon. This coupon just appeared under the "my coupons" tab, without any email or other announcement.

From this i deduced that the servers were giving a 30% coupon to each player for the WoWS Anniversary (i.e. not the player anniversary). When EU didn't produce anything, I thought that they might be holding back for Gamescon; however that then came and went with no giveaway either.

[PUPSI]
Players
799 posts
2,665 battles
55 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Yes, EU players do get coupons for their player anniversaries. Got me a Dunkerque with my recent one.

But I agree that email was vague, and they could have been more explicit in saying you need to log into the premium shop to find it. I knew I needed to from previous in-game notifications, but wouldn't have known for sure if I had only had the email about it. Just going to send @MrConway a bat-signal in case that's something that should be fed back to the relevant department (in a helpful rather than an angry spirit, I hope you understand).

Presumably there is a policy of not giving out coupons to replace ones people missed out on. In the same way as coupons and special offers from your supermarket of choice, the expiry date is non-negotiable and absolute or where do you draw the line? Obviously I'm on the outside, but I'd guess the reasoning goes something like that.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I understand rules are rules and deadlines are deadlines, but it’s no good without a little bit of clarity: here’s your parking ticket you went 5 mins over what the sign says; what sign ;-)

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts
23 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Nope not had anything. @MrConwayany news on this? Is EU server getting left out... Again 

No we aren't. Only @MadBadDave is being screwed by WG.

Did you just have your Warships anniversary as a 1 year player? No? Then you shouldn't even have a coupon!

Sign in to follow this