You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Herbstnebel1975

Discounts on defeats this month ???

67 comments in this topic

Players
123 posts
6,518 battles

What is happening with this game MM ? 90% of my games are defeats no matter what tier I play. And not just thrilling defeats but all like whole my team is crushed within half of the battle time while maybe 1 or 2 of the enemy ships are sunk. Sometimes you win the first battle of the day but after that it's all frustration after frustration. I've noticed that some players are leaving the game earlier as they see that another upcoming defeat is near and any resistance is futile.

My general winrate lowered from 51 % to 50 % in such a short time.

I don't know if other players are having the same issue as me, it is possible that I am on the losing cycle but this time it's taking to long.

There are players that have left WoT for the same reason just like me, if WoWs is heading the same way then I will do the same.

For now, wows is going on a lock for some time. I'll come back later to check if something has changed and the gameplay is fun again like before.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

Players
123 posts
6,518 battles

Well you guys are possible  in the winning cycle. Lucky you all. If we would exchange teams, your stats would be different because one or 2 good players among bots can't take up against a whole team of average to well skilled players. I can live with it that this happens now and then but not battle after battle for more then a week.

I would suggest to come to my home and play from my IP under my account and see if you would have the same problem as I.

Six years ago I invited a clanmate of WoT. He lived not far from and he played a few games (during a so called losing cycle period) with my account and guess what.... he had all losses 2, never the less he gained victory's again starting to play with his account. We had no explanation to this.

A few weeks ago, a famous gamer of my country was on the radio talking about the history of videogames and how they evolved. When the speaker asked his opinion about games like Fortnite, World of tanks and all other variants where you can pay for ingame stuff, his repley was very short. He had issues  to call it videogames but more like... I don't know a good english word for it...GELDKLOPPERIJ...what means something like GOLDDIGGING COMPANYS .

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,026 battles
40 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Thats harsh dude. I stopped caring long ago and dropped mine from 50 to 44 and still rolling down. Stats mean nothing, those who say otherwise have nothing else to brag about.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
27,240 posts
14,521 battles
3 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I would suggest to come to my home and play from my IP under my account and see if you would have the same problem as I.

I doubt it.

You should invest more energy into improving yourself than looking for blame elsewhere.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
2 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Well you guys are possible  in the winning cycle. Lucky you all. If we would exchange teams, your stats would be different because one or 2 good players among bots can't take up against a whole team of average to well skilled players. I can live with it that this happens now and then but not battle after battle for more then a week.

Six years ago I invited a clanmate of WoT. He lived not far from and he played a few games (during a so called losing cycle period) with my account and guess what.... he had all losses 2, never the less he gained victory's again starting to play with his account. We had no explanation to this.

A few weeks ago, a famous gamer of my country was on the radio talking about the history of videogames and how they evolved. When the speaker asked his opinion about games like Fortnite, World of tanks and all other variants where you can pay for ingame stuff, his repley was very short. He had issues  to call it videogames but more like... I don't know a good english word for it...GELDKLOPPERIJ...what means something like GOLDDIGGING COMPANYS .

WG is making you lose games and those other guys above win games in order to earn more money? Have you spent a lot of cash during your losing streak?

I'm not arguing the issues about new, often F2P, games and the methods to make profit, just questioning your reasoning how WG benefits specifically by making you lose.

• Cool 2

Players
2,919 posts

Feel encouraged to know I lost 2 wr points and was on a 2 month losing streak (90%) and then it will get better but probably then it will stop and be even worse :D Good thing is after a while you don't mind so much (being constantly chat banned helps) and try different things like idk or set personal goals like idk or go for drinks wit waifu's :fish_aqua:

• Funny 2

Players
123 posts
6,518 battles
15 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

WG is making you lose games and those other guys above win games in order to earn more money? Have you spent a lot of cash during your losing streak?

I'm not arguing the issues about new, often F2P, games and the methods to make profit, just questioning your reasoning how WG benefits specifically by making you lose.

I don't know, It's chasing me away. Maybe there are players (maybe a majority LOL ) that thinks different then me and starting to spend money on premium time/ships hoping they have more chance to win. Or they get bored playing a certain ship and use converted XP (need money for it) to get faster to the next one...hoping for more luck. (And maybe that's what WG is hoping 2  ;-)  )

Tell me how it comes that the majority of MY battles end up like 1-12, 3-11 (one survivor, camping while enemy team caps) ? In a REAL RANDOM battle you have 50% chance to end up in a good or bad team but playing last few days doesn't feel like that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,007 posts
16,526 battles

It's the last few days of the summer break. Lots of kids and inexperienced people playing, and yes, they will P2W with Premium Ships (or so they think), so the overall standard of play goes down. I don't play Randoms in summer for just that reason.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,359 posts
10,665 battles

@Herbstnebel1975

Actually streaks are a tell tell sign of randomness. Winning or losing streaks. So, you got a series of bad teams. It is random. Luck. Sometimes you get a series of good teams, but, as it is a fortuitous event you tend not to notice. This is human nature.

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
10 minutes ago, Saltface said:

@Herbstnebel1975

Actually streaks are a tell tell sign of randomness. Winning or losing streaks. So, you got a series of bad teams. It is random. Luck. Sometimes you get a series of good teams, but, as it is a fortuitous event you tend not to notice. This is human nature.

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi

Lets say you have a bad streak... if you play out the bad streak in Random games and go for Ranked when the luck turns... then what? Profit?

• Funny 1

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

Guess it depends on the ships you are playing with, whether your team suicides, snorts glue or actually has more than one brain between them (and the enemy) plus your own skill etc.

i’ve been having a lot of win streaks recently, so im getting close to 60%. And this is me mostly playing higher tiers as well (easier to f’up and harder to make comebacks with).

my worst losing streak was 18-20 defeats on world of tanks at tiers 4-6 (was still somewhat new).

most recently highest loss streak was 9 here at one point and 13 on world of tanks when i had my 121.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,237 posts
9,063 battles
1 hour ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

You got higher WR because you were playing RTS CVs before the rework (most played class and best WR). Naturally, since they arent in the game anymore, you play the other 3 classes, in which you always had 50% or less WR.

So unless you try to improve (potentially play less hightiers aswell) your WR will continue to drop.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,359 posts
10,665 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Lets say you have a bad streak... if you play out the bad streak in Random games and go for Ranked when the luck turns... then what? Profit?

Many gamblers have tried to study the streaks. It doesn't work. You know why? Because it is random.

Let me give you an example. In roulette people believe that the chances of having the ball fall on a black number after it has fallen many times in a row on a black number are smaller. This is patently wrong. The ball every time has exactly the same chances on falling on a black or a red number. Same with flipping coins. Every time you flip a coin, heads or tails are 50%. Always.

This is math, it is not something we can argue about.

Streaks are streaks. Good ones and bad ones.

The problem is you cannot identify when a streak ends. Example. In the following sequence of coin flips (1 heads 0 Tails) can you tell me where the streak ends?

No (random coin flips)

but look at the bold ones (30 flips) 22/30 0s. You could say it is a streak.

Would you identify that a 0 streak ended? No.

Actually it did not end. As it never existed. It is as random as it gets. 

Over thousands of instances you can expect it to be around 50%

So my opinion: Just play your game. Play as best as you can. Play to win. If a random team is bad what can you do? Just play the game.

We all know that more or less we can influence 4 our of 10 games we play. 3 we will win and 3 we will lose no matter what.

Enjoy the game

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 minute ago, Saltface said:

Many gamblers have tried to study the streaks. It doesn't work. You know why? Because it is random.

Let me give you an example. In roulette people believe that the chances of having the ball fall on a black number after it has fallen many times in a row on a black number are smaller. This is patently wrong. The ball every time has exactly the same chances on falling on a black or a red number. Same with flipping coins. Every time you flip a coin, heads or tails are 50%. Always.

This is math, it is not something we can argue about.

Streaks are streaks. Good ones and bad ones.

The problem is you cannot identify when a streak ends. Example. In the following sequence of coin flips (1 heads 0 Tails) can you tell me where the streak ends?

No (random coin flips)

but look at the bold ones (30 flips) 22/30 0s. You could say it is a streak.

Would you identify that a 0 streak ended? No.

Actually it did not end. As it never existed. It is as random as it gets. 

Over thousands of instances you can expect it to be around 50%

So my opinion: Just play your game. Play as best as you can. Play to win. If a random team is bad what can you do? Just play the game.

We all know that more or less we can influence 4 our of 10 games we play. 3 we will win and 3 we will lose no matter what.

Enjoy the game

That only goes for Random. We all know the MM in Wows isn't completely random, less and less so in fact, mostly due to player complaint and ofc WG trying to improve the product.

Question is if the streaks are completely random. They're not. Players all have their ups-and-down, they play different tiers, they grind ships they are bad in, etc, etc. This influences their WR short term without many of them not realising it.

Is there any incentive for WG to manipulate the MM to make profit if possible. Of course there is, but also a huge risk. Plenty of gaming companies already uses gambling strategies to increase profit. Is the MM exempt from this?

You could write it all down to RNG, or you could go and tank a bit in Random games to boost your WR and rank out faster in Ranked... Your choice.. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,240 posts
14,521 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

That only goes for Random. We all know the MM in Wows isn't completely random, less and less so in fact, mostly due to player complaint and ofc WG trying to improve the product.

Question is if the streaks are completely random. They're not. Players all have their ups-and-down, they play different tiers, they grind ships they are bad in, etc, etc. This influences their WR short term without many of them not realising it.

Is there any incentive for WG to manipulate the MM to make profit if possible. Of course there is, but also a huge risk. Plenty of gaming companies already uses gambling strategies to increase profit. Is the MM exempt from this?

You could write it all down to RNG, or you could go and tank a bit in Random games to boost your WR and rank out faster in Ranked... Your choice.. :cap_cool:

As if the MM of Random would influence Ranked MM... :fish_palm:

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts
2 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I have time. Where do I go?

[LEEUW]
Players
2,464 posts
10,110 battles

Funny isn't it? You never see threads like

"I played like trash this month and got a 55%wr. MM is rigged in my favor." 

Nor do I ever see threads like:

"I usually have a 70% winrate, but this month only 60%. MM is rigged against me." 

Why is it always people who have a winrate that reflects their poor performance over a period of time who complain about the results? You don't get a positive winrate if you don't play to a certain standard. If you are on a losing streak don't push it, because either its not your day or you're not playing your natural game.

If you win 90% of your games it's your amazing gaming skills and if you lose 90% of your games it is the evil companies who want your money. Classic. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Players
3,862 posts
11,333 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, GarrusBrutus sagte:

Funny isn't it? You never see threads like

"I played like trash this month and got a 55%wr. MM is rigged in my favor." 

Nor do I ever see threads like:

"I usually have a 70% winrate, but this month only 60%. MM is rigged against me." 

Why is it always people who have a winrate that reflects their poor performance over a period of time who complain about the results? You don't get a positive winrate if you don't play to a certain standard. If you are on a losing streak don't push it, because either its not your day or you're not playing your natural game.

If you win 90% of your games it's your amazing gaming skills and if you lose 90% of your games it is the evil companies who want your money. Classic. 

But stats don't matter it's all just luck ayayayaya

I wish people would stop finding excuses

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles
5 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Stats mean nothing, those who say otherwise have nothing else to brag about.

Some maybe just like being good at what they do/play.

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles

if that bothers you too much, give it a rest, play other modes, join or create a division  with friends in or out random mode.

See what combat mission are there to make, if you like one, do it and play for the objective.

sometimes it's not our day.

Stats are not the game, they are just a small part of the game.

So, try to enjoy what brought you to this game.in the first place.

Looking to a spreadsheet too long will make you blind

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,237 posts
9,063 battles
44 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Ive asked several times, but ive yet to get an answer when people whine about exactly that. So if you get a win with like 6k damage its fine, but losing with 100k damage is unheard off :cap_fainting:Most people even dont realize its easy to do well in a defeat as long as you live.

• Cool 3