You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Peter_von_Weise

Warning for unsporting conduct for crashed client

27 comments in this topic

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,785 battles

Hello,

The client crashed when entering a battle, and the system made me a warning for earlier leaving the battle. This is ridiculous. WG, please change this practice.

Since the support proven itself useless, decided to post it here just for warning fellow captains.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Players
2,154 posts
13,722 battles
5 minutes ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

Hello,

The client crashed when entering a battle, and the system made me a warning for earlier leaving the battle. This is ridiculous. WG, please change this practice.

Since the support proven itself useless, decided to post it here just for warning fellow captains.  

No need to. We know it. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles

This is a thread we get multiple times a week, I'm not sure exactly how you can't get back in battle in time. You can have as much as 20 minutes to get back in... besides, turning pink is not the end of the world.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
57 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

This is a thread we get multiple times a week, I'm not sure exactly how you can't get back in battle in time. You can have as much as 20 minutes to get back in... besides, turning pink is not the end of the world.

Some bug can occur maybe

1 hour ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

Hello,

The UI doesn't recognize and can't recognize that the game crashed on your PC or you were afk for purpose. 

Players
5,033 posts

Funny thing, though. I occasionally crash out of battle but I don't recall seeing any warnings. Does this only happen if you crash during the loading screen or is it because someone is reporting you?

Players
906 posts
10,058 battles
6 hours ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

Hello,

If it is their fault they are pretty good about giving you a couple containers and 24 hours premium. If it is your fault and you are unable to reload the game within 20 minutes you need an upgrade.

Players
906 posts
10,058 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Funny thing, though. I occasionally crash out of battle but I don't recall seeing any warnings. Does this only happen if you crash during the loading screen or is it because someone is reporting you?

I seen the message that a penalty has been withdrawn when I reloaded, but I've never gone pink because of it.

Players
103 posts
11,372 battles
7 hours ago, CptMinia said:

If you get this thread several times a week take it serious instead of your reply.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles
3 minutes ago, RigorMortis76 said:

If you get this thread several times a week take it serious instead of your reply.

I am serious. Now as annoying as it is to receive a penalty for failing to load into a game, most the time it happens due to internet crashes, system crashes or game crashes. Unfortunately it's not possible for the game to know exactly why you disconnected... so you can either contact support and try fix the problem or continue receiving penalties. There isn't really anything to discuss as such.

Beta Tester
713 posts
11 hours ago, CptMinia said:

You can have as much as 20 minutes to get back in... 

this. if you chose not to get back in - then getting a warning and nice pink color with that is well deserved ...

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
8 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

We do take it serious.

Serious enough to tell you and everyone else it happens to that ...

• ... it isn't the end of the world
  • ... Wargaming does give a grace period to return without any penalty or warning
  • ... being pink is just a warning and not a penalty
  • ... we can't tell if the issue is with the game, the users PCs, the users themself, or a miriad of other problems and therefore can't provide any actual help on the forums

If it is a game crash contact support and send them all the details they request. If it's a problem with their software they can maybe fix it with that data.

If it is a problem with their servers it would affect a large group of players and very likely everyone on the same match. In that case Wargaming usually provides a compensation and they can investigate it from their server logs.

In all other cases it is a problem somewhere between your chair and the Wargaming servers offering the service. Which means it could be totally everything that caused the crash. You, your PC, a faulty network cable, your wireless connection, your internet provider, a switch somewhere with a wrong/damaged routing table, a lightning strike, mass hysteria, devine intervention, ... everything. Yet all these things have one thing in common: Bitching about it on the forums does not help you, us, or Wargaming in fixing the issue.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
10 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Maybe he was the AFK pinkie Gnevny who sat still 18m in my game, naked, no cammo, no flags, only to start moving when enemy BB is right next to him, rushes him and even get's torps off.

Yeah I reported that guy, I hope the whole team did I asked them to. If my game doesn't load, I alt+f4 + restart. It doesn't take 18m. And anyone doing this crap NOW is suspect to trying to grind their first win's for lines they reset using freexp by spamming games they aren't even playing, especially going into battle without cammo or anything.

Also, that Gnevny also moved at start, sat next to an island and stayed there for 18m. I should still send the replay to support, these guys disgust me.

Players
1 post
141 battles

its all PC [edited] you get a ban for a BOT getting in your shot they all bunch together like headless chickens blocking your shots then commit suicide so you cant win game and then there's some knob runs you down with a battleship and you lose point and get a warning total crap

Players
5,033 posts
1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

Maybe he was the AFK pinkie Gnevny who sat still 18m in my game, naked, no cammo, no flags, only to start moving when enemy BB is right next to him, rushes him and even get's torps off.

Yeah I reported that guy, I hope the whole team did I asked them to. If my game doesn't load, I alt+f4 + restart. It doesn't take 18m. And anyone doing this crap NOW is suspect to trying to grind their first win's for lines they reset using freexp by spamming games they aren't even playing, especially going into battle without cammo or anything.

Also, that Gnevny also moved at start, sat next to an island and stayed there for 18m. I should still send the replay to support, these guys disgust me.

It is still possible to lose your Internet connection for 18 mins or more without it being your fault. Could happen any day, any time due to some technical glitch. For instance, with me that happens very rarely, it sometimes happens that my ISP cuts the service for like 30 mins to an hour some time after midnight. Thankfully not very often but it could well happen while i am gaming.

@OP Not sure if anyone's said it, but disable all mods and try running a vanilla client for a while.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Yes, but most people don't conveniently sail up to an island right before they suddenly loose their connection for 18 minutes. ( edit: also if my isp is doing maintenance it doesn't last 18 minutes ... maybe they are just slow but meh.. can't remember them having issues lately except for their DNS server which I don't use anyway ). 

Either way, I've reported the guy and that's it, I was tempted to send in the replay but meh. I hope that given enough reports people who do this on purpose ( and therefore multiple times, causing them to accumulate more reports as people who just accidentally have a crash or connection loss, and that WG will sort it out.

I wouldn't really run without mods every time, if there is a mod which is causing you to not load into battles it's usually not an intermittent thing but a constant. Either way, if you DO get stuck in loading and you restart and still get stuck in loading, safe mode is there for a reason. But it would be more helpful if you actually tried to find out which mod is causing the issue and report that ( especially when using modstation ). 

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles
36 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

It is still possible to lose your Internet connection for 18 mins or more without it being your fault. Could happen any day, any time due to some technical glitch. For instance, with me that happens very rarely, it sometimes happens that my ISP cuts the service for like 30 mins to an hour some time after midnight. Thankfully not very often but it could well happen while i am gaming.

@OP Not sure if anyone's said it, but disable all mods and try running a vanilla client for a while.

Yes, sometimes ISPs will do maintenance and you might not have an internet connection... most the time though, they just re-route my connection... that's the point of a network.

The hard fact is there is no absolute solution to this, if it's a one-off occurrence then it's a bother but sometimes these things happen. If it's a persisting issue and not a wide-spread problem affecting a large section of users,  then it is the user's responsibility to fix the problem instead of gambling not only to avoid receiving more punishment but to avoid negatively impacting others' game. 

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
13 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

occasionally crash out of battle but I don't recall seeing any warnings.

Cause you were playing and gave some attribute. This case is someone didn't get into the battle at all cause in the time of loading in - his internet went down / critical error occurred. 

Players
5,033 posts
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Cause you were playing and gave some attribute. This case is someone didn't get into the battle at all cause in the time of loading in - his internet went down / critical error occurred. 

That is an explanation. There were times when I got the loading loop on the battle loading screen, but this might have been during those spouts of server related problems so it could have been handled differently then.

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,785 battles

Dear Fellow Captains,

Thank for the replies. From the posts I picked up the main ideas, that:

- WG is pretty aware about  the problem. Many people said that they saw many similar posts.

- WG do not pay  a penny to resolve this problem

- WG support is useless - otherwise people would talking with support, not here. 

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,265 posts
8,683 battles
10 hours ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

Dear Fellow Captains,

- WG is pretty aware about  the problem. Many people said that they saw many similar posts.

- WG support is useless - otherwise people would talking with support, not here. 

- If WG gave attention to every problem that every user experienced nothing would get done. Not too sure where you read WG acknowledged this problem either.

- Well it's not their problem, as I said earlier unless this is an error affecting a large amount of users then generally this is a problem that comes from your end. And even then it may not be WG's fault, could be the database holding the servers or a network fault or a routing fault or ISP fault or any other problem outside of WG's hands. I really do not think they'll get rid of this system, maybe improve in the future yes. But either way WG support is still there to try and help you.

- Have you actually tried messaging support and giving them all the details that could help? Are you still getting this problem? How often? What sort of errors are you getting, send a crash log if you have one? System information and specifications?

I do understand how frustrating this can be, it can take a very long time to find the fault causing all the disruptions. But we cannot help you if you don't give specific details. If you don't help us, we cannot help you.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
9 hours ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

Dear Fellow Captains,

I'm not sure what replies you read, as I can't find what you wrote you read in any of them.

You might want to get out of your fantasy world and read what we actually wrote.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

You might want to get out of your fantasy world and read what we actually wrote.

You should be more careful  not everyone can deal with being unplugged. Some would gladly substitute their actual surroundings  for a fictional reality even if just existing in their head. 

11 hours ago, Peter_von_Weise said:

You were doing well up to here.

WG is pretty aware about  the problem. Many people said that they saw many similar posts

Yes. When there were server issues, which do not just apply to any single player but many if not all.

There haven’t been server issues, hence you getting sanctioned for being afk seems more related to you being afk or you having technical issues on your end. We’re also a tad more sceptic due to people resetting lines and en mass entering games with naked no flags and in general pretty useless destroyers trying to leech their first win so they can research the next one using fxp 

-  WG do not pay  a penny to resolve this problem

- WG support is useless - otherwise people would talking with support, not here

Since your first assertion been wrong, so are your conclusions. There is no issue for WG to fix it seems, but WG support will try their best to help you diagnose your actual issue...

• Cool 1

[IFS]
Players
52 posts
7,785 battles

Replying on a few recent posts, need to say that some Fellow Captains made some jokes on me, being from their point of view, not attentive enough to what they wrote and being somehow disconnected from reality. Nevertheless, the authors themselves are not better because obviously did not pay enough attention on what is written by me. The topic of my post is not   the crashed client, as the said authors somehow imagined, but rather the fact that WG is well aware about the problem (that, according to the thread, is a widespread one) and do not do any visible effort to resolve the problem. 

The problem is defined this way: WG does not have tool to detect whether the "unsporting conduct" in a form of leaving the battle was caused by the player himself or by crashing the client or lost connection. There is no much intelligence needed to test a connection from the server to the client. If there is a connection, this is unsporting conduct. If there is no connection - this is a technical problem and no penalty shall be given. 

As some of the above commentators are quite good in substituting their actual texts  for a fictional reality, need to highlight one more time, that this is a problem of many players and not only my. Thus, some highly intellectual statements like "...- If WG gave attention to every problem that every user experienced nothing would get done..." are just missing the point. 

Another statement which really touched my heart is: 

14 hours ago, Egoleter said:

I'm not sure what replies you read, as I can't find what you wrote you read in any of them.

Respectable Egoleter posted so many posts, that has no even a slightest idea that I may be reflecting not exactly on what HE wrote, but other respectable Fellow Captains.  What I wrote in my second post directly follows from what I read in this thread, but surely not from the posts of Egoleter.

• Bad 1