You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The Art of War – New Permanent Camouflages Are Now Available!

23 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Good to see some historical (or historical plausible) camouflages getting in the game at last, instead of kindergarten graduation drawings.

• Cool 2

Players
168 posts

Nice one. My only query is that if these camos considered special ones why not the give little more or @ least different bonuses. That would be a nice add on and make them more attractive to buy imho.

In the other hand I've got now (a proper) Gloire in my port ;D

[TF57]
Beta Tester
202 posts
7,034 battles

Please also consider others in the future, here's a couple of screenshots from the excellent colour documentary The Fighting Lady showing some of the brighter US camouflages used in the Pacific... 

BB.png

DD.png

• Cool 3

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,678 battles

ahahahahaha.. That big ORANGE button screamed in my face.. I want it.. fml, does WG gonna give us for free one camo? That Furious looks nice.. (scrolls down) I WANT THEM ALL.. NOOO FRIGGING WAY.. GONNA GET ALL THOSE CAMOS FOR FREE NOOOOOOOOOOO..

Clicks I want them all.. gets redirected to WG SHOP, 4 camos - 16ish euros...

I

I

I

V

Yeah.. something for free.. i dont think so.. ty wg for dissappointment................  :cap_fainting:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,431 battles
On 8/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, slugford said:

Nice article and thank you for the new dazzle  camos - lovely 

Happy that you like it!

4 hours ago, PiXiE93 said:

ahahahahaha.. That big ORANGE button screamed in my face.. I want it.. fml, does WG gonna give us for free one camo? That Furious looks nice.. (scrolls down) I WANT THEM ALL.. NOOO FRIGGING WAY.. GONNA GET ALL THOSE CAMOS FOR FREE NOOOOOOOOOOO..

Clicks I want them all.. gets redirected to WG SHOP, 4 camos - 16ish euros...

I

I

I

V

Yeah.. something for free.. i dont think so.. ty wg for dissappointment................  :cap_fainting:

We offer a variety of things for free and to earn - also permanent camouflages (e.g. currently the FR DD ones in the Armory for the event currency), in this case they're part of our premium shop content.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:57 PM, LonesomePolecat said:

Nice one. My only query is that if these camos considered special ones why not the give little more or @ least different bonuses. That would be a nice add on and make them more attractive to buy imho.

In the other hand I've got now (a proper) Gloire in my port ;D

The problem with that aspect is that we're already in a situation where players might like a certain camouflage more than others from a visual point of view, but pick another one for higher bonuses. For the permanent camouflages we try to avoid that conflict in most cases and you can freely pick between your favourite designs.

Greetings, Crysantos

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,431 battles
21 minutes ago, principat121 said:

@Crysantos

Will there be a possibility in the future to buy these nice camos ingame with doubloons?

Potentially but I can't make any promises right now :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,026 posts
6,180 battles
7 hours ago, Crysantos said:

The problem with that aspect is that we're already in a situation where players might like a certain camouflage more than others from a visual point of view, but pick another one for higher bonuses. For the permanent camouflages we try to avoid that conflict in most cases and you can freely pick between your favourite designs.

Greetings, Crysantos

Well, I can understand that point, but on ther other hand, visuals are pointsless, sorry.

For example, the first time I played my pink ARP Myoko I thought, what an ugly ships, I would get eye cancer from it, but then the battle really starts and I don't care anymore about the visuals, but about the performance of the ship (which I really like). I think you get my point.

In the heat of the battle visuals are not important and at the result screen the economic bonus counts. So a visual camo (because same boni like the regular perma camo) do not add any value to the game. They do not motivate me to spend money or to complete a mission if I already have a perma camo. But I'm looking forward for the special camos for Shinonome and Graf Spee, because they have other stats.

[TF57]
Beta Tester
202 posts
7,034 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

So... if these are permanent camouflages why are they not permanently available.. huh?

There are loads of one off permanents like Halloween/Space each year (plus Arctic/Russian/French ) that tend never to appear again and they become collectibles

I suspect Black Friday will be the same with different ships this year

Players
5,126 posts
5 minutes ago, Kryostorm said:

There are loads of one off permanents like Halloween/Space each year (plus Arctic/Russian/French ) that tend never to appear again and they become collectibles

I suspect Black Friday will be the same with different ships this year

Uhm right, only thing is this time I had no idea this was limited time only cause they had conveniently put that information on the 'News' page. Sorry, WG, I just don't have the time to go through all the news items I rely on the premium shop to tell me this type of info. WoT can manage it, why can't WoWS?

[TF57]
Beta Tester
202 posts
7,034 battles
57 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Uhm right, only thing is this time I had no idea this was limited time only cause they had conveniently put that information on the 'News' page. Sorry, WG, I just don't have the time to go through all the news items I rely on the premium shop to tell me this type of info. WoT can manage it, why can't WoWS?

I agree, information relating to anything that is likely to be a 1 time only offer should be made clear on the news item, would be useful if the emailed newsletter could include all news items too to save people having to check the website every day

• Cool 1

[NHSOS]
Players
273 posts
10,613 battles
On 9/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, Crysantos said:

Happy that you like it!

We offer a variety of things for free and to earn - also permanent camouflages (e.g. currently the FR DD ones in the Armory for the event currency), in this case they're part of our premium shop content.

Greetings, Crysantos

so for +35% money and +50% XP u want +4000 doubloons? :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,431 battles
4 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

so for +35% money and +50% XP u want +4000 doubloons? :cap_rambo:

Yes, we do - it's a significant bonus if you consider that it's permanent and the accumulated effect on a long-term basis. If you don't feel that is worth it for you, you can rather rely on consumable camos or cheaper permanent ones - that's the beauty of this system, you get to choose.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,026 posts
6,180 battles
25 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Yes, we do - it's a significant bonus if you consider that it's permanent and the accumulated effect on a long-term basis. If you don't feel that is worth it for you, you can rather rely on consumable camos or cheaper permanent ones - that's the beauty of this system, you get to choose.

Greetings, Crysantos

On long term basic you play high tier premium ships for credit grinding. I think +35% on a Tier 6 is a nice, but little boni. Nothing more.

They should have been a mission reward, but that pricetag is just annoying and just reduce any motivation to pay for this game.

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,431 battles
41 minutes ago, Spartan_93 said:

On long term basic you play high tier premium ships for credit grinding. I think +35% on a Tier 6 is a nice, but little boni. Nothing more.

They should have been a mission reward, but that pricetag is just annoying and just reduce any motivation to pay for this game.

I would rather see it as an additional option if you do play a lot on that Tier and want to increase the bonus - if you play on higher Tiers, you have permanent camouflages available on those, too. We always have to consider the impact of such bonuses on the entire economy because if we hand out too much, it will have a negative effect and then we'd have to make economical changes to the entire game to compensate for that.

We always have the option to introduce them also through different means in the future. Like I said, this is an added option, neither mandatory nor a new price point for permanent camouflages on that Tier.

Greetings, Crysantos

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I'd rather see some real incentives to play the middle tiers more. Real incentives, that means that the NTC/RB doesn't count.

• Cool 1

[NHSOS]
Players
273 posts
10,613 battles
3 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

the camo is in the right way. with a camo like this u play the ship more. if u change 100% XP to free XP or captain XP it is ok with me.