You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CallmeMessi

Smoke from the sky's next?😂

17 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
1,831 posts
14,116 battles

They(WG) already suggested it as an idea for the alternate CV branches, the focus of which is meant to be support - as per the early concept. 

They also mentioned other ideas - capping planes, planes that can put out fires, etc.

As far as I am aware, there is no more word on this, or ETA

I just want my Essex back T_T

[MORIA]
Players
7,498 posts
37,190 battles

That would be nice . Also maybe it can be a good idea for anti sub warfare (depth changes from above) 

[CAIN]
Players
4,536 posts
19,176 battles

No thanks, we don’t need plane dropped smoke, water, depth charges or food rations. 

Planes drop enough crap as it is.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
290 posts
36,824 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

No thanks, we don’t need plane dropped smoke, water, depth charges or food rations. 

Vodka would be welcome though

[CAIN]
Players
4,536 posts
19,176 battles
1 minute ago, Durin_VI said:

Vodka would be welcome though

No. No buffs for RU ships. ^^

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[SCRUB]
Players
3,822 posts
18,475 battles

How will these support CVs be rewarded for team actions?

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

CV based bombers that drop sea mines? 

:Smile_trollface:

That would be soo troolish. 

Opsi i may have given wg a bad idea.....ima go hide now :Smile_hiding:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles

The question is also how these CVs are going to be balanced against their damage dealing counterparts which in themselves are already a balancing cluster:etc_swear:.

Abilities for the support CV would have to be ludicrously overpowered to equal the influence of a regular CV which focuses solely on damage dealing. Being able to drop smoke or extinguish fires is nowhere near a good enough trade for reduced damage capabilities.

So in essence we're talking air radar/hydro, enhanced spotting, group heal, capping from air and/or other completely gamebreaking abilities just so one side doesn't get :etc_swear:ed over by having one type of CV rather than the other.

Besides, at this stage of the rework I highly doubt alt CVs will even happen due to how much of a failure the rework fundamentally is and continues to be.

• Cool 7

Players
3,864 posts
11,378 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, El2aZeR sagte:

how much of a failure the rework fundamentally is and continues to be

... Not if they dont see it that way...  

Players
1,795 posts
19,006 battles

I cannot honestly imagine a support carrier which provides smoke or heals would be a popular choice to play, how would game economy know what contribution they had made. 

Also we all know how entitled a lot of people are in game can you imagine the whinging "CV where's my heal, CV smoke here now, CV I'm going to yolo rush it's your job to keep me alive" what kind of masochist would be up for that?

The final problem would of course be balancing against the damage dealing CVs because to match up against a damage dealer the abilities of support CVs would have to be damned good. 

• Cool 3

Players
1,717 posts
23 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I cannot honestly imagine a support carrier which provides smoke or heals would be a popular choice to play, how would game economy know what contribution they had made. 

Also we all know how entitled a lot of people are in game can you imagine the whinging "CV where's my heal, CV smoke here now, CV I'm going to yolo rush it's your job to keep me alive" what kind of masochist would be up for that?

The final problem would of course be balancing against the damage dealing CVs because to match up against a damage dealer the abilities of support CVs would have to be damned good. 

Possible an ideal job for Saipan or type CV, 

1. How ever after the full integration of submarines, for my self the next logical new content would be Corvettes, which would open up all the ANZAC lines ( we need more Australian Canadian NZ content ) Honouring there country's.

2. Plus it is the ideal opportunity to introduce a new type of war ship / new content under the, anti submarine warfare umbrella, and be less coding work putting " depth charges * or what ever, on established ships.

3. Would generate an alternative game play, and income 

o7 

Players
820 posts
3,724 battles

Just saying that there were reliable radar planes in WW2.

Because smoke clearly isn't useless enough.