You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
General_Kunde

Could we have a "I got a chatban!"-button?

70 comments in this topic

[WASP_]
Players
336 posts
5,540 battles
12 minutes ago, Nibloke said:

If you ask me the simplest way to tell people your chat banned is to make your ship 'pink'.

And all the people that are pink for other reasons (damage to  team members, ...) get also a chatban (and pink of course).

iOPW18r.gif

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
2,655 posts
17,790 battles

Did anybody else notice a decline in number of "pingers" since the option of turning them off has been added?

[VV]
Beta Tester
86 posts
4,548 battles
16 hours ago, Europizza said:

By way of not having this button yet, it's my pleasure to inform you all that I've been chatbanned for two weeks until the 23rd or something. ^^

Holy hell mate, i mean i get chat banned pretty often, but its usually for 3 to 5 days once a week ban but what the hell did you say to get a chat ban for more than a week can i get the replay file LOL

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
2,655 posts
17,790 battles

Pretty sure it involved ancestry, farm animals and levels of mental impairment in different assorted combinations...:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-GOD-]
Players
1,072 posts
15,740 battles
15 minutes ago, H4d3zZz said:

Holy hell mate, i mean i get chat banned pretty often, but its usually for 3 to 5 days once a week ban but what the hell did you say to get a chat ban for more than a week can i get the replay file LOL

I dunno, last thing I remember is telling a profoundly bad destroyer captain exactly what he did wrong in game chat. I didn't even call him names i think. I think... :cap_yes: Just explained to him in very clear language that sailing from spawn to hide behind BB's and islands, lurking there for 5 minutes, and then steaming up to enemy spawn only to get obliterated by a battleship wasn't up to par with my (apparantly very high) expectations of my teammates. But I've been chatbanned more then I have actually been able to chat. It's: week chatban, 3 days on, 10 days chatban 2 days on, 14 days chatban. Guess I have a big red asterix next to my name in one of the many spreadsheets that populate the WG office ^^

It's either that or I have blackouts where I spew dark develish garbage on to players :cap_book:

EDIT: Also, I'm Dutch. That doesn't help much.

[VV]
Beta Tester
86 posts
4,548 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Pretty sure it involved ancestry, farm animals and levels of mental impairment in different assorted combinations...:Smile_trollface:

So what you are telling me it was a normal Monday morning game.  Strange, i usually use those since it pretty common in my native language its just a bit tricky to find the English translations for some of those. Pretty sure if i posted i couple of my natives ones here i would be chat banned for life lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[VV]
Beta Tester
86 posts
4,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Guess I have a big red asterix next to my name in one of the many spreadsheets that populate the WG office ^^

Well i mean if the spreadsheet says that you F-ed up there is not refuting it right??

• Cool 1

Players
3,566 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, H4d3zZz said:

So what you are telling me it was a normal Monday morning game.  Strange, i usually use those since it pretty common in my native language its just a bit tricky to find the English translations for some of those. Pretty sure if i posted i couple of my natives ones here i would be chat banned for life lol

I havent been chat banned ever.

Apart from in world of tanks and that was in gen chat for talking about 'cheats' lmao. In like 2015-2016

89497564_laughjj..thumb.jpg.9e1dc315ffa2162b3ba155e4f547ca9e.jpg

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,559 posts
6,076 battles
4 hours ago, Nibloke said:

If you ask me the simplest way to tell people your chat banned is to make your ship 'pink'.

And all the people that are pink for other reasons (damage to  team members, ...) get also a chatban (and pink of course).

Wew such toxicity on this forum :Smile_trollface:

[CG]
[CG]
Alpha Tester
221 posts
9,867 battles
On 9/2/2019 at 7:59 AM, Excavatus said:

Nope,

The main punishment of being chat banned is that this :)

You find 1 in a 1000 intelligent life form in a random battle,

they want to communicate with you, team up with you, support you, and you cannot answer,

they try try try... they they decide you are not another 1/1000, they decide you are one of them :)

That feeling... is your punishment :)

Sure thing dude.

Wows is rate PEGI 7, lacking new players and you get chat banned  for saying "you suck" or by immature frustrated players so nope, I'm pretty sure WG will NOT implement this. They decided to keep the chat white a snowflake, empty and useless.

Also you would be surprised how many people are chat banned. +1 for this idea though since I would be "blue" 90% of the time :-) 

By the way, another suggestion I've already made couple times already : WG, Implement a better voice chat system. Something a bit more elaborated than the 12 commands we have now.

Get inspiration from games who already did it 21 years ago like starsiege tribes with their voice game system  (interactive sample here ) since it seems that WG doe not have the brains to create it ex nihilo.

• Cool 2

[-GOD-]
Players
1,072 posts
15,740 battles
5 hours ago, Benden said:

Sure thing dude.

Wows is rate PEGI 7, lacking new players and you get chat banned  for saying "you suck" or by immature frustrated players so nope, I'm pretty sure WG will NOT implement this. They decided to keep the chat white a snowflake, empty and useless.

Also you would be surprised how many people are chat banned. +1 for this idea though since I would be "blue" 90% of the time :-) 

By the way, another suggestion I've already made couple times already : WG, Implement a better voice chat system. Something a bit more elaborated than the 12 commands we have now.

Get inspiration from games who already did it 21 years ago like starsiege tribes with their voice game system  (interactive sample here ) since it seems that WG doe not have the brains to create it ex nihilo.

Special points for bringing up the Starsiege Universe. I played the mech game of that universe, that was awesome sauce de luxe 64 player 4 teams destructible objectives sweetness.

[WASP_]
Players
336 posts
5,540 battles
6 hours ago, Benden said:

Sure thing dude.

Totally agree, we desperately need a I'm spotted command.

Players
384 posts
14,142 battles

For 1 day ban its not a big problem - but for 10+ days can be helping tool. People can think im not a nice person :) 

• Funny 1

Players
149 posts

The obvious solution would be to give them a different colour, much like the pinko teamkillers.

Blue maybe.

Also does anybody else find it a bit harsh that you can't even use the CLAN chat when receiving a chat ban? I wonder if you can even still use the division chat.

Players
3,566 posts
245 battles
21 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

The obvious solution would be to give them a different colour, much like the pinko teamkillers.

Blue maybe.

Also does anybody else find it a bit harsh that you can't even use the CLAN chat when receiving a chat ban? I wonder if you can even still use the division chat.

Bright orange with a giant middle finger above they name xD

Guess they want clans to win as well. :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

[-GOD-]
Players
1,072 posts
15,740 battles
42 minutes ago, _interceptor_80 said:

For 1 day ban its not a big problem - but for 10+ days can be helping tool. People can think im not a nice person :) 

That's pretty cute and naive ^^

I already am very aware that I'm not a nice person to people who are obnoxiously disinterested in trying to play even at mediocre levels when playing with other people. I'm not in the slightest remorseful that I'm :etc_swear: to people who ruin other peoples fun by being unwilful to participate in a meaningful way. The only thing that will help keeping the game chat clean is to disallow chat for me permanently, which I'm sure is not far off. That would be okay for me too, conversing with stupid is just a distraction for me.

3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Bright orange with a giant middle finger above they name xD

Guess they want clans to win as well. :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

The perfect look for me, yes please <3

• Funny 1