You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

As it stands right now the return of the beloved PvE "Dynamo" and "Cherry Blossom" is postponed for time being...

38 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,497 posts
15,993 battles

Hi all,

As it stands right now the return of the beloved PvE "Dynamo" and "Cherry Blossom" is postponed for time being...

In latest Q&E by WG @Sub_Octavian posted as answer:

Any word on when other PvE Operations will return? Such as Ultimate Frontier, Hermes, Dynamo, and Cherry Blossom?

PvE Operations works are back logged for now, because we're concentrating our efforts on PvP modes development this year. I am sorry if it disappointed you, but in some aspect of the game, we cannot spread our resources too thin.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2
  • Angry 8

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts

Yees, too busy making subs i guess, and savage battles, oh yes and that aprils fool that lasted 2 months, oh and lets not forget the wonderfoul arms race ranked... Hard to replace cv bot with a bb as it was done in all other ops where it was needed, seem to remember it took them one patch for that...

• Cool 13

[SM0KE]
Players
5,842 posts
14,110 battles

Well, that sucks. Frankly, I'd much rather have the Ops modes back than submarines...

• Cool 15

[SHAFT]
Players
10,317 posts
9,108 battles
11 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yees, too busy making subs i guess, and savage battles, oh yes and that aprils fool that lasted 2 months, oh and lets not forget the wonderfoul arms race ranked... Hard to replace cv bot with a bb as it was done in all other ops where it was needed, seem to remember it took them one patch for that...

I guess they know, people used to farm Dynamo. Farming FreeXP now with Research Bureau could be bad for their income maybe :cap_fainting:

On a seperate note: Why did we get Raptor Rescue back then? Clearly we needed another T6 only Operation :fish_palm:  3/4 of the last 7 months we have had T6 OPs, absolutely necessary to get another one in there. Why not any of the 4, which would be more unique (dynamo) or atleast a different Tier (7-8)

• Cool 4

Players
4,505 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Too bad.

Cherry Blossom was actually a good scenario to level cruisers.

That's probably why WG pulled it, especially since it was a T8 OP.

Did spotter Cleveland become a thing on the live server?  I found on PT that it was increadibly powerful but never played it on live.

Players
2,932 posts

This effort concentrating will bring graphic changes and audio and I'm very worried I will not enjoy em at all :fish_glass:

Players
1,785 posts
18,987 battles

Im assuming the next Halloween event and submarine development is talking up all their time, personally I would prefer the return of more operations but clearly they are not the priority.   

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
2,834 posts
16,971 battles

Right, so when they are not doing something that people want they "are concentrating efforts elsewhere". 

When they are doing something people don't want, they "have multiple teams that can't all be working on the same project".

:cap_yes:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 6

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,529 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Right, so when they are not doing something that people want they "are concentrating efforts elsewhere". 

When they are doing something people don't want, they "have multiple teams that can't all be working on the same project".

:cap_yes:

Precisely. Just your basic PR pacifiers, really.

• Cool 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,917 posts
12,772 battles

That is bad news - we need more operations not less.

The operations are already in-game it should be easier to balance them rather than introduce new concepts that may or may not be implemented.  How much time was spent on that 'great idea' the NTC?

• Cool 4

Players
3,421 posts
16,738 battles

Let's recap.

- Half the Operations were withdrawn due to the CV Rework. Ops are one of the major reasons to keep me playing.

- The CV Rework is still (at 0.8.7) undergoing major AA changes because WG are in denial and still claim that the new CVs can be balanced.

- The "shortage of resources" is entirely down to Wargaming's list of priorities - not the players.

- Wargaming continue their authoritarian attitude towards the players . . . .and then wonder why people get angry.

- (From the 0.8.8 developer plans) the Birthday event will be another direcives-fuelled grind. Directives again for :etc_swear: sake!

I'm going to phone up my supplier and get them to increase production of pitch forks and torches.

• Cool 13

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles
9 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Dont forget pagan online as well!

I love how they just don't have all of these ops in rotation or just allow you to pick one.

But then they still havent fixed map pining in world of tanks after almost 10 years of the games existance and havent added in basic things like demount all flags, camos etc.

oh well.

[BS4]
Players
1,348 posts
7,467 battles
10 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

In latest Q&E by WG @Sub_Octavian posted as answer:

Leo "Apollo11"

ynOAgnS.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles

WeeGee is busy to develop submarines as they were with CVs... And then they were busy with game modes like Savage Battles, Torpedo beats and so on... Spreadsheet said we want them. So, enjoy! 

• Cool 2

6,234 posts
10,694 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I guess they know, people used to farm Dynamo. Farming FreeXP now with Research Bureau could be bad for their income maybe

Precisely my thought as well. I mean... when Dynamo was last around I basically just played my Sims propped up with all possible FXP modifiers I have and reran the OP again and again. And given that I have a metric ton of FXP boosting camos still around, I would continue the instant Dynamo would be rereleased.

• Cool 3

Players
10,103 posts
11,872 battles
8 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

I wish they had a toolkit we could use to make our own Operations for submission.

Can WG squeeze surprise mechanics or otherwise monetize the jesus out of this idea? No? Well...:Smile_smile:

Players
5,073 posts
3 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

That is bad news - we need more operations not less.

The operations are already in-game it should be easier to balance them rather than introduce new concepts that may or may not be implemented.  How much time was spent on that 'great idea' the NTC?

^ This! Let's take Cherry Blossom, for instance. :Smile-angry: What exactly is wrong with it? Why did they remove it in the first place and how much in terms of resources would they need to spread on re-introducing pre-existing content. Don't the corner shops in Minks stock 'Resource spread'? I suggest one of devs runs to the nearest corner shops and buys some!

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles
32 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

^ This! Let's take Cherry Blossom, for instance. :Smile-angry: What exactly is wrong with it? Why did they remove it in the first place and how much in terms of resources would they need to spread on re-introducing pre-existing content. Don't the corner shops in Minks stock 'Resource spread'? I suggest one of devs runs to the nearest corner shops and buys some!

Cherry blossom and all other operations were removed because of CV rework and the need to train bots to control new CV/planes. 

Why some of the operations are back but others are not is a guess. But I think we all know why...

Hint: it's the same reason for which you want them back. 

Players
5,073 posts
9 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Cherry blossom and all other operations were removed because of CV rework and the need to train bots to control new CV/planes. 

Why some of the operations are back but others are not is a guess. But I think we all know why...

Hint: it's the same reason for which you want them back. 

Because they were cool, fun and engaging?

Cherry Blossom was especially cool because it included game play elements completely missing in randoms. It's been too long, I don't remember seeing any CVs in Cherry Blossom....

• Cool 1