Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

What should i do?

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1,683 posts
3,291 battles

So... this happened, after having taken a break from the game, for no reasons, just to take a break, i restarted playing today, and i just finished a good game with my New Mexico (no camo, no premium consumables and no signals) (images below), 

shot-19_08.28_15_10.38-0715.thumb.jpg.41347ac17ff6cad17b9fe26ab4729cf2.jpg

shot-19_08.28_15_10.43-0176.thumb.jpg.7f7345380b50a7c2fa8c7b328ec06e8a.jpg

and then, this happened, they gave me the chance to try out the Scharnhorst as a rental for 2 days, plus a 50% coupon in the premium shop that lasts for a week. 

shot-19_08.28_15_01.18-0630.thumb.jpg.1841fe922c191c55b774a02956a0f787.jpg

All of this would be fine, if i wasn't a Free2play player, that wuoldn't have spent money anyway to get Scharnhorst.

So, i'm asking you guys,

WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

6 answers to this question

Players
1,000 posts
14,413 battles

What do you want to do?

50% is the best discount WG ever offer; Scharnhorst is an excellent ship. If you want to stay f2p then let it pass with no regrets, but I suspect you're tempted otherwise you wouldn't ask.

It's your money, you have to make the best decision for you and then live with it. No-one is going to talk you into spending money you don't want to so you can resent us for it later.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,570 posts
13,962 battles

Even if it's 50% off you need to decide for yourself based on your own situation whether paying for the ship is worth it or not.

If not, just enjoy the rental (or dont, maybe youll think it sucks?).

• Cool 1

Players
1,683 posts
3,291 battles

I'll just let it pass then, i mean, she is one of my favourite, but i stay F2P, so too bad. I just wanted to know what your opinion was.

[XTREM]
Players
1,796 posts
14,043 battles

50% off for an amazing ship like Scharn? 

YOLO. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But then, I love Scharnhorst, you may not. Use the rental and try it, if you like it why not buy it? 

Players
10,084 posts
11,852 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

Take Scharnhorst for a test drive?:Smile_smile:

She's decent ship, if somewhat overshadowed by newer additions. But in Narai operation, she shines HARD.

And versatile enough you can make her work with any captain, BB, cruiser or whatever you can come up with, so as German trainer you would be hard pressed to find better pick.

[THESO]
Players
1,202 posts
15,782 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I'll just let it pass then, i mean, she is one of my favourite, but i stay F2P, so too bad. I just wanted to know what your opinion was.

What's the point of knowing other peoples opinions if it doesn't affect your choice anyway? Should I buy a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini? Thx for the opinions but I don't have the money to buy either of them. A bit strange.

I think the offer itself is tempting. What I like best is that you as a player get the chance to test a ship before buying it. If I really want to buy a Ferrari and can afford to do so, the dealer will allow me a test drive, though that will wear and tear a very expensive machine that he will have to sell as used. A digital product is not worn by testing it. Still WG refuses players in most cases to test a prospective purchase.

I had the Scharnhorst for a limited time, too, way back. They also put an Okhotnik in my port. I liked the Okhotnik and I bought it later at a discount. But then again you do not choose these ships. It would be much better if you could choose your test ships, for either side. Obviously WG did not know my preferences and propensity to buy certain ships. Otherwise they might have known, I would never be interested in a Scharnhorst but certain other ships I still haven't bought but might buy if on 50% discount.

Sign in to follow this