You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanottiTR

Kikatami

Kikatami back or not ?  

96 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Do you want the Kikatami back ?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is a kikatami ?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 01:08 AM

63 comments in this topic

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles

WG removed this ship long ago couse it was found toxic back in the day by the community  ... 

and now we are not short of any kind of spammer ships in the game why not good old Kikatami is not coming back ...

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles

Oh ffs this again?

Kitakami would be the most worthless ship in the entire game right now.

And they didn't remove it because it was toxic. They removed it because they found a second line torp ship lead to too much teamkilling as should've been expected. In fact it used to be a myth that Kitakami sank more friendly ships than enemies in her existence in WoWs.

• Cool 5

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,172 battles
10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Oh ffs this again?

And they didn't remove it because it was toxic. They removed it because they found a second line torp ship lead to too much teamkilling as should've been expected. In fact it used to be a myth that Kitakami sank more friendly ships than enemies in her existence in WoWs.

Because there were no ultra deep water VB torps mate..... I wanna see it with Asashio torps :cap_yes:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles
9 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Because there were no ultra deep water VB torps mate..... I wanna see it with Asashio torps :cap_yes:

Because surely making Asashio obsolete would be in WG's money making interest.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,172 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Because surely making Asashio obsolete would be in WG's money making interest.

Nerfing the reload on those torps and the range won't. Making them 12km. Why not. 

I just meant Asashio type of torps that hit only BB. So less TKs. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles
7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nerfing the reload on those torps and the range won't. Making them 12km. Why not. 

I just meant Asashio type of torps that hit only BB. So less TKs. 

With 9km concealment you're gonna need better range than that.

Also perhaps I need to remind you that you practically explode instantly when anything looks at you the wrong way? Even the IJN torp DDs can outgun you.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,172 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

With 9km concealment you're gonna need better range than that.

Also perhaps I need to remind you that you practically explode instantly when anything looks at you the wrong way? Even the IJN torp DDs can outgun you.

Yep. That's why it needs some gimmick. Some? Or maybe.... Italian smoke :fish_cute_2:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yep. That's why it needs some gimmick. Some? Or maybe.... Italian smoke :fish_cute_2:

If you need a :etc_swear:ton of gimmicks just to make a ship work then the end result can't be good.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,172 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you need a :etc_swear:ton of gimmicks just to make a ship work then the end result can't be good.

Smoke would be enough. And Asashio torps would be fine with less range than Asashio and longer reload. Some ships are having even more gimmicks than that.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
44 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah the myth is that Kita in it's short live killed more friendlies then any other ship in the game, even if they been in the game since alpha. I'm not even sure it IS a myth, I can remember the games where troll Kita divisions started sailing in the middle of the fleet and we were just looking at the battle timer to know when they were going to teamkill everyone they could. 

No automated ban system, no damage reduction for consecutive team damage and no reflected damage ( though the latter feels like it was introduced around the time? My memory is a bit shoddy ). 

[-IAN-]
Players
2,022 posts
6,837 battles

Yeap I want it back as part of a PvE scenario or event only, like Halloween, April Fools etc and NOT for PvP in anyway. 

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles
31 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Smoke would be enough.

Nah.

Wanna know how I know?

Kita had smoke. The normal kind tho.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,938 posts
11,830 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Oh ffs this again?

This! So much this! 

Kitakami was pretty worthless against red team back in the day because random mediocre players tried playing it like a DD with 40 torps, but that doesnt work. Then they tried to spam those 40 torps from the 3:rd line (skilled players as they were) only to teamkill a whole bunch of allied DDs, cruisers and BBs in the process.

It would even be more useless now with all new lines and ships that has been released, it would only die fast and decimate a lot of friendlys in the process.

If the clue eating average potato want to spam torps everywhere, he just needs to wait for Benham getting sold.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,662 posts
6,400 battles

Considering all the weird :etc_swear: they're stuffing into the game, and with submarines making their way in as well... I mean, why the hell not?

Might as well add the Courageous class Battlecruisers and the Habbakuk while they're at it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,372 posts
16 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

This! So much this! 

Kitakami was pretty worthless against red team back in the day because random mediocre players tried playing it like a DD with 40 torps, but that doesnt work. Then they tried to spam those 40 torps from the 3:rd line (skilled players as they were) only to teamkill a whole bunch of allied DDs, cruisers and BBs in the process.

It would even be more useless now with all new lines and ships that has been released, it would only die fast and decimate a lot of friendlys in the process.

If the clue eating average potato want to spam torps everywhere, he just needs to wait for Benham getting sold.

Is the Benham actually going to be sold then?

btw,  I just subscribed to your YT channel

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
22 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Considering all the weird :etc_swear: they're stuffing into the game, and with submarines making their way in as well... I mean, why the hell not?

Might as well add the Courageous class Battlecruisers and the Habbakuk while they're at it.

Stop saying subs are getting into the game. Subs will be tested. People will realize how crap they are and how much they kill immersion, and subs will therefore not make it into pvp.

Subs getting into pve, yes. Habbakuk should be a riad boss.. I mean it should appear in a Scenario like subs where it's maybe fun to put it in. 

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,172 battles
29 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Habbakuk? So you want 2x Kaga ship?

[KAKE]
Players
2,662 posts
6,400 battles
39 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Stop saying subs are getting into the game. Subs will be tested. People will realize how crap they are and how much they kill immersion, and subs will therefore not make it into pvp.

sweet_summer_child.gif.5f4a3d679888782051aebe28339b2af7.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,901 posts
27,692 battles

Old Kitakami would not work in current game. Kuma hull with 4 guns, of which only three can be used at the same time, no AA and 5x4 torpedo per side. There is no way to balance this. As a ship it is worthless, as a torpedoboat it is too powerful. If would be either utterly garbage or cancerous. Kitakami was product of old time when game was more simple. Today it wouldn't work. Only way it could be returned it should be during some event like Halloween, never should be added to Random games.

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles

No, we already have morons in the forum post weekly that they take pleasure in torping their own team from the back line so lets not give them this ship, not that it would stand a chance in today's meta anyway.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,127 posts
20,112 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Habbakuk? So you want 2x Kaga ship?

Nah. Not just 2x.

Think bigger.

Spoiler

2JB2bfV.jpg

(That's a real screenshot btw.)

Players
2,599 posts
13,029 battles
1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

You certainly regained a lot of optimism in your absence. Look at you thinking WG will consider our opinion on them matters whatsoever.

They will be in pvp, there's not a single doubt about that. The fact alone that nobody would pay €40 for a premium sub just to take it out in pve, is reason enough to be sure of that.

• Cool 1

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

exactly my point...