Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.8

18 comments in this topic

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,540 battles

Directives again?

Feel like there's something every week. When are we getting some time off?

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

Stop with the directives already, its the most boring, grindy time-gated event design i have ever experienced.

• Cool 4

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts

for the way the 4th anniversary is looking,.... are you sure you´ll make it to 5??

...looking bad.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,029 battles

Mostly okay at a glance but one thing caught my eye:

0CDDEE07-905D-425A-A8D8-621D0E829286.thumb.jpeg.e5316c15f20ce47ec69b537070a0c011.jpeg

Are you telling me that the yamato’s Gun sounds will no longer be unique to her? Since 457mm is close to 460mm

i hope not

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
2 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

0CDDEE07-905D-425A-A8D8-621D0E829286.thumb.jpeg.e5316c15f20ce47ec69b537070a0c011.jpeg

Are you telling me that the yamato’s Gun sounds will no longer be unique to her? Since 457mm is close to 460mm

i hope not

Hmm, how many 9x460mm ships exist? Guess the ~457mm have mostly 8 guns, right?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
964 posts
14 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Directives again?

Feel like there's something every week. When are we getting some time off?

U just take your time off, like I did.

I just play these days. Don't care about missions or anything.

And it doesn't help that the french DD grind going on is utterly boring (for me).

• Cool 2

Players
1,689 posts
3,295 battles
3 ore fa, howardxu_23 ha scritto:

i hope not

I understood it, correct me if I'm wrong WG, so that ships with the same guns would use the same sound file, like the Dallas and the Helena, their guns are the same, just in different number. (I do think that 457mm sound would be close to the 460mm one).

Here is how the sounds work in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and I think that they would work in a similar way with the new update.

In IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 the sounds are divided into two: each sound has a preset and a sample. The sample in the actual .mp3 for with the sound, the preset tells the game how to use that sound. With aircraft engines for example, if different aircrafts have the same engines they will use the same sound file (I think that in WoWs it will work the same way, if ships have the same guns, they'll use the same sound for those guns). As far as numbers, in IL-2 each sound for the guns is created independently, however, if I take my ME-109 with the mg151 gunpods (it has another one of those guns firing through the propeller) when firing all three guns it feels somewhat louder than when firing a single one. So I think that it will work the same way too, if you due a full broadside, it will feel louder than firing a single turret.

Hopefully I got it right.

Players
5,979 posts
11,609 battles
4 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

i hope not

This is what I've also been wondering since I heard the Ohio guns were also using this gun sound and I was under the impression that this gun sound was specifically meant for the Yamatos. I was a little bit disappointed though, I really think it would be better to keep this gun sound exclusive to these ships as to me it is part of what WoWS is.

When WoT did the sound rework (mind you, they changed it several times but anyway...) of the huge gun sounds, they replaced one of THE coolest gun sounds :cap_win: with something more bland :Smile_sceptic:

And my opinion is also the same about armor standardisation. I can't imagine playing my Pensa without any of its paper magic armor and have it get a total rebalance, making all the cruisers one big pile of unity sausage :Smile_sceptic:

For the rest, I hope they kinda do something about the dynamic music tending to switch like every 5 seconds or so with starting a new song as this is kinda immersionbreaking to me.

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,029 battles
41 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I understood it, correct me if I'm wrong WG, so that ships with the same guns would use the same sound file, like the Dallas and the Helena, their guns are the same, just in different number. (I do think that 457mm sound would be close to the 460mm one).

Here is how the sounds work in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and I think that they would work in a similar way with the new update.

In IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 the sounds are divided into two: each sound has a preset and a sample. The sample in the actual .mp3 for with the sound, the preset tells the game how to use that sound. With aircraft engines for example, if different aircrafts have the same engines they will use the same sound file (I think that in WoWs it will work the same way, if ships have the same guns, they'll use the same sound for those guns). As far as numbers, in IL-2 each sound for the guns is created independently, however, if I take my ME-109 with the mg151 gunpods (it has another one of those guns firing through the propeller) when firing all three guns it feels somewhat louder than when firing a single one. So I think that it will work the same way too, if you due a full broadside, it will feel louder than firing a single turret.

Hopefully I got it right.

If you put it that way, it means that a full Georgia broadside sounds the same or very close to a bow on Yamato firing, in theory.:fish_book:

Players
1,689 posts
3,295 battles
18 minuti fa, howardxu_23 ha scritto:

If you put it that way, it means that a full Georgia broadside sounds the same or very close to a bow on Yamato firing, in theory.:fish_book:

In theory yes, and it kinda makes sense.

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
344 posts
19,689 battles

It looks like no more "Supercontainers for tier X ships" :cap_hmm:

directives, tokens, tokens in premium shop, tokens for buying premium ships ... meh

can't we just have some good, simple anniversary rules and prizes like year and two years ago ? 

• Cool 1

[USN-7]
[USN-7]
Players
6 posts
806 battles

I just played a couple of matches on the PT server and I checked out the armory - can anyone tell me are the united states cruisers collection,Rn destroyer collection will be obtainable with 1000 coal in live server as well? I dont see any information on that. and also will they be subscribable collection after 0.8.8 gets done with ? I know Anniversary collection 4 cannot be subscribed with daily containers. 

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
68 posts

Now, i dont want to be always negative, the visuals looks nice. BUT MOST OF THE TIME, you WeeGee guys let the SOUND DEP. GUYS FROM THEIR CAGE, they invent an annoying bug.

Sign in to follow this