Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Tier IX DD Friesland = 1,000,000 FreeXP

176 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,479 posts
15,922 battles

Hi all,

 

"Ships: Doubloons Aren't the Only Way to Get Them"

 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/free-xp-and-armory-ships/

 

Quote

flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eabIX Friesland: 1,000,000 Free XP

 

 

I don't know... I got every single FreeXP ships to date... but 1.000.000 FreeXP for DD... I have the FreeXP but I really really don't know this time around...

 

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,509 posts
19,047 battles

I have 15k, will be a long grind.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles

A DD with no torps? Did i read that right?

 

Love the HE spam, add that to the list. Another ship with hyrdo 5km.  Great, just want the game needed as well. 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
2,097 posts
20,449 battles

since you can get 1M freeXP in around 150games easily why not(even much less games, depends)? With coal and steel its very different story. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,918 posts

Yea that's a lot. I'm still saving for Nelson and twice I forgot I was doing that and upgraded various stuff on other ships which then made me feel sad :cap_fainting:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,018 posts
11,800 battles

Lack of torpedos compensated for by rapid firing guns and 'decent AA defences'....It's the AA part that gets me. CV's hardly feature in the game anymore and even if so there are only usually one per match, so why are AA defences even a 'thing' anymore. I'd be quite happy to take my chances without AA in randoms. It's my opinion AA is highly overstated by WG and over-advertised as a feature but plays a rather insignificant part in the game compared to everything else. Trying to sell a dd off to us partly because of it's 'AA' is hyperbole and a false claim by WG in trying to justify how the lack of something rather vital is made up for by the addition of something else rather insignificant.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
550 posts
21,304 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

It’s available now?

 

European destroyer flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eabIX Friesland, exchangeable for Free XP in the Tech Tree. This ship will be available in the game soon. Stay tuned for more news…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

Yea that's a lot. I'm still saving for Nelson and twice I forgot I was doing that and upgraded various stuff on other ships which then made me feel sad :cap_fainting:

And that is the reason why many people do not have the Free XP.

The income would be sufficient, but most players spend it on other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,509 posts
19,047 battles
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

Lack of torpedos compensated for by rapid firing guns and 'decent AA defences'....It's the AA part that gets me. CV's hardly feature in the game anymore and even if so there are only usually one per match, so why are AA defences even a 'thing' anymore. I'd be quite happy to take my chances without AA in randoms. It's my opinion AA is highly overstated by WG and over-advertised as a feature but plays a rather insignificant part in the game compared to everything else. Trying to sell a dd off to us partly because of it's 'AA' is hyperbole and a false claim by WG in trying to justify how the lack of something is made up by the addition of something else.

Well, that's the usual WG Advertising for you. 

 

The AA on most ships got nerfed with the recent patch, also, the AA on the Friesland got nerfed significantly during it's last test run. 

And with the recent AA nerf, its AA is most likely even worse. 

 

So, don't worry, it will not be plane killer it was during the first test round. more like a Kidd, a neutered version of a once glorious DD.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,918 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And that is the reason why many people do not have the Free XP.

The income would be sufficient, but most players spend it on other stuff.

Yea, I'm horrible in logistics and very forgetful week in, week out. I still haven't finished the Yama campaign and the shinonome I got this month after idk, only to realize its pre-cv rework so it has no aa :cap_rambo: (one -literally/ machine-gunnist pictured here) so basically not very useful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,464 posts
37,078 battles
6 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

 

European destroyer flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eabIX Friesland, exchangeable for Free XP in the Tech Tree. This ship will be available in the game soon. Stay tuned for more news…

So sad it’s not now :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,084 posts
11,852 battles
34 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

A DD with no torps? Did i read that right?

 

Love the HE spam, add that to the list. Another ship with hyrdo 5km.  Great, just want the game needed as well. 

 

Balans is in short supply camrade, we need more of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles

Probably released on/around 14 September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,084 posts
11,852 battles
31 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I'm still saving up for Azuma (500k atm) , so this ship, next year :Smile_smile:

giphy.gif

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles
36 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I'm still saving up for Azuma (500k atm) , so this ship, next year :Smile_smile:

 

1671245027_AreyousureaboutthatGIF.gif.8bfd9814304e669a1747462f930a23c0.gif

 

Unless you are a collector, I'd advice to stay 1000 km from her.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,331 posts
14,673 battles

From the datamined stats the firepower should be less than Kitakaze or Mogador.

5km Hydro is nice, but the concealment is bad. 

 

Seems the only thing it really has going for it is the AA, which is still insignificant against a TX CV.

 

So... I hope it is not a 2nd Azuma... :Smile_amazed:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,444 posts
4 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

From the datamined stats the firepower should be less than Kitakaze or Mogador.

5km Hydro is nice, but the concealment is bad. 

 

Seems the only thing it really has going for it is the AA, which is still insignificant against a TX CV.

 

So... I hope it is not a 2nd Azuma... :Smile_amazed:

Honestly, the only thing it has going for it is that it's Dutch :Smile_hiding:

 

 

53 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

 

European destroyer flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eabIX Friesland, exchangeable for Free XP in the Tech Tree. This ship will be available in the game soon. Stay tuned for more news…

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor it's happening gif

I need it. And I need it now!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hypetrain meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,006 posts
16,507 battles

I had 300k Free XP, I am spending it on French Destroyers (which may be equally disappointing).

 

1 hour ago, Quetak said:

since you can get 1M freeXP in around 150games easily why not

1,000,000/150 = 6,666 Free XP per game. How do you get 6K Free XP per game, easily?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
18 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

From the datamined stats the firepower should be less than Kitakaze or Mogador.

5km Hydro is nice, but the concealment is bad.

According to proships.ru she has the highest DPM.

 

https://proships.ru/stat/ships/compare,Destroyer,all,9,,-4075697872-3761125360-4272830448

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×