You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

BB's in matchmaking

15 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,118 battles

would it be possible or even a good idea in the first place to seperate BB's into two groups for MM? the battleships that go up front and those folks that sit at the back. ones doing a very useful job and the other well they do take up slots.

• Funny 3

[NMA]
Players
1,277 posts
19,158 battles

Maybe fill out a short questionnaire at the start of the match? :fish_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
9 minutes ago, quickr said:

Maybe fill out a short questionnaire at the start of the match? :fish_book:

lolz I like that idea.

"Dear Sir or Madam. Just one more question before we let you play your Yamato. Do you have what is commonly referred to as Balls of Steel... no wait that's sexist, we can't use that anymore in this day and age... Are you willing and able to DRIVE YOUR CREW CLOSER SO THEY CAN HIT THE ENEMY WITH THEIR KATANAS!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

• Funny 3

[NMA]
Players
1,277 posts
19,158 battles

That's a long and time consuming question, simple "can you locate your W key" should suffice.

• Funny 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, quickr said:

That's a long and time consuming question, simple "can you locate your W key" should suffice.

problem is, the average BB player might indeed locate their W key, but accidentally fatfinger to also press Q or E and then go in circles in spawn.

...which, come to think of it, actually explains quite a bit. I'm a genius. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[NMA]
Players
1,277 posts
19,158 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

problem is, the average BB player might indeed locate their W key, but accidentally fatfinger to also press Q or E and then go in circles in spawn.

...which, come to think of it, actually explains quite a bit. I'm a genius

Self proclamation is the best proclamation :cap_cool:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,003 posts
10,815 battles

Just ask this before the battle..

What is the best sniper do you think in this game..

A) german BBs,

B) anything else..

This will give you enough data..

But I'm scared to have %99 A as a result and MM will go in selfdesctruct mode!

-Current IQ level on the MM queue is lower than the limit allowed to create a match! Please try again later!

• Funny 6

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and how exactly would you do that? mind reading?

No just spawn one group of BB's near the cap, and the other group around the halfway from the cap to the map border. This way you don't need to wait 10 minutes before they will move into position. 

It should have learning AI, analyzing every played match so it places ships in the right spot right away, taking away the need to actually use your WASD keys.

/jokes aside, I don't really get the issue you can't force players to play a certain way I know I am still trying at times to get a Daring for instance to :etc_swear: go after a shima alone on a flank which was getting side shots the whole time from our battleships bowtanking enemy battlethips. Daring ignores, goes on to suicide into a cruiser and the game was lost. Just that ONE ACTION cost us the game, and I hate that guy for doing it. But it will happen again, and again, and again so better get used to it a bit.

At least I haven't been chatbanned in a long time :Smile_child:

[THESO]
Players
962 posts
8,688 battles
1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

At least I haven't been chatbanned in a long time 

Now that is progress 😜

• Funny 1

Players
7,155 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

No just spawn one group of BB's near the cap, and the other group around the halfway from the cap to the map border. This way you don't need to wait 10 minutes before they will move into position. 

It should have learning AI, analyzing every played match so it places ships in the right spot right away, taking away the need to actually use your WASD keys.

/jokes aside, I don't really get the issue you can't force players to play a certain way I know I am still trying at times to get a Daring for instance to :etc_swear: go after a shima alone on a flank which was getting side shots the whole time from our battleships bowtanking enemy battlethips. Daring ignores, goes on to suicide into a cruiser and the game was lost. Just that ONE ACTION cost us the game, and I hate that guy for doing it. But it will happen again, and again, and again so better get used to it a bit.

At least I haven't been chatbanned in a long time :Smile_child:

I would be more interested in seeing 2 bot accounts with Machine learning and neural network support and seeing how they perform after 10k battles or so.

And compare the results every 500-1000 games or so.

Obviously peegee would need to approve but yeah just a rando fantasy because im bored atm.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Ask them. Not WG, but the team doing DOTA with machine learning. Ofc they need permission from WG because their accounts would get banned because botting otherwise. I think OpenAI would be up for another game... though they might refuse because their AI can't learn if WeeGee doesn't stop changing meta ever so often :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Make a srinking cyrcle that applies only to BB's like in the haloween event, only this circle would be like a wall, pushing them closer as the game progreses..... 

If not there is still always the option of:

flatearth1.jpg.d3d352faa70f9535b4d4cbaddc93e95f.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
194 posts
3,446 battles
Alle 27/8/2019 alle 14:16, Padds01 ha scritto:

would it be possible or even a good idea in the first place to seperate BB's into two groups for MM? the battleships that go up front and those folks that sit at the back. ones doing a very useful job and the other well they do take up slots.

As most of the players would really be concerned about tactics and correct game play at all lol