Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
APFSDS_shell

torpedo hit on a destroyer only 1500 dmg ????

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
11 posts
3,010 battles

I was playing on ranked battle using my Benham, there was another Benham on the enemy team , he was about 2500 hp left, he was hidden on his smoke.

i shot a torpedo salvo to the smoke and i hit him but he is not dead, then he got out the smoke , after the battle i checked the result and there was a hit on benham 1500 by a torpedo

can anyone explain how a torpedo deal only 1500 dmg on tier 9 match on a soft unprotected destroyer.!!!!!!!

6 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,594 posts
13,969 battles

The answer to your conundrum is Saturation.

A stock Benham (no skills) has 14,500 hp. I will use this for my example.

Damage dealt to the stern compartment of Benham only will be dealt to two separate health bars of the ship. The bow HP bar and the "hull" HP bar. The bow HP bar is only lowered by damage to the bow. The "hull" HP bar is lowered by damage to any part of the ship. All damage taken by any of the ships various HP bars are also deducted from the ships Hit Points (the total bar that you see above each ship).

Half of the damage goes to one HP bar (stern), half goes to the other (hull). Once a HP bar reaches 0 it takes no more damage (this isn't entirely true, but I'll get to that in a moment). You will have noticed that when you hit parts of a ship that they blacken after a while, this indicates that that compartment has becomes saturated (such as the superstructure of a ship going black because the superstructure HP bar has been reduced to 0) so now only half of your damage is being done (to the "hull" compartment).

The total HP of the stern of Benham, stock, is 1300 HP.

The total HP of the "hull" of Benham, stock, is 10900 HP.

When both of these bars are empty, you will not be able to lower the total HP bar by damaging these compartments any more. This means that the total amount of damage that can be dealt to benham by hitting only the stern is 12,200 damage.

But, like I said, that's not entirely true.

If the stern is 100% saturated it can still take damage from 5 things;

• Fires and floods are not affected by saturation.
  • Citadel penetrations are not affected by saturation (not that Benham has a citadel).
  • Ramming is not affected by saturation.
  • Overpenetrations will always deal 10% of their full damage, even to fully saturated ship compartments.
  • And finally, torpedos will always deal 10% of their total damage, even to fully saturated ship compartments.

So, if the bow of the enemy DD was 100% saturated your torpedo would only deal 10% of its total damage. And the total damage of a Benham torpedo is 15,200, so your torpedo would have done 1,520 damage.

Players
1,717 posts
9 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

I was playing on ranked battle using my Benham, there was another Benham on the enemy team , he was about 2500 hp left, he was hidden on his smoke.

i shot a torpedo salvo to the smoke and i hit him but he is not dead, then he got out the smoke , after the battle i checked the result and there was a hit on benham 1500 by a torpedo

can anyone explain how a torpedo deal only 1500 dmg on tier 9 match on a soft unprotected destroyer.!!!!!!!

Hi,

Can you show us screen shots Please?

[THROW]
Players
161 posts
8,248 battles

You'd think damage saturation would have been common knowledge by now.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
3,010 battles
On 8/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The answer to your conundrum is Saturation.

A stock Benham (no skills) has 14,500 hp. I will use this for my example.

Damage dealt to the stern compartment of Benham only will be dealt to two separate health bars of the ship. The bow HP bar and the "hull" HP bar. The bow HP bar is only lowered by damage to the bow. The "hull" HP bar is lowered by damage to any part of the ship. All damage taken by any of the ships various HP bars are also deducted from the ships Hit Points (the total bar that you see above each ship).

Half of the damage goes to one HP bar (stern), half goes to the other (hull). Once a HP bar reaches 0 it takes no more damage (this isn't entirely true, but I'll get to that in a moment). You will have noticed that when you hit parts of a ship that they blacken after a while, this indicates that that compartment has becomes saturated (such as the superstructure of a ship going black because the superstructure HP bar has been reduced to 0) so now only half of your damage is being done (to the "hull" compartment).

The total HP of the stern of Benham, stock, is 1300 HP.

The total HP of the "hull" of Benham, stock, is 10900 HP.

When both of these bars are empty, you will not be able to lower the total HP bar by damaging these compartments any more. This means that the total amount of damage that can be dealt to benham by hitting only the stern is 12,200 damage.

But, like I said, that's not entirely true.

If the stern is 100% saturated it can still take damage from 5 things;

• Fires and floods are not affected by saturation.
  • Citadel penetrations are not affected by saturation (not that Benham has a citadel).
  • Ramming is not affected by saturation.
  • Overpenetrations will always deal 10% of their full damage, even to fully saturated ship compartments.
  • And finally, torpedos will always deal 10% of their total damage, even to fully saturated ship compartments.

So, if the bow of the enemy DD was 100% saturated your torpedo would only deal 10% of its total damage. And the total damage of a Benham torpedo is 15,200, so your torpedo would have done 1,520 damage.

that was more than enough , thank you 

Sign in to follow this