You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Ships: Doubloons Aren't the Only Way to Get Them

55 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Players
271 posts
12,575 battles
1 hour ago, Sturmi_0545 said:

will there be Dutch voice over for the captain?

You can already play with Dutch voices if you switch the game to Dutch. :)

• Funny 1

Players
1,181 posts
2,989 battles

To be honest, I actually forgot that this ship even existed, :).

I'm f2p, so I will not use money to convert XP into FreeXP, however, I'm saving FreeXP to get Alaska (I have just more than 200k, whish me luck). 

I also got the Georgia for coal (with the coupon of course), plus, the only containers that I open are the coal ones, just because I'm not in need of the other things that the containers give to you.

What I would like WG to do is to reintroduce Musashi, maybe even updating her price, because you don't remove a ship just because it's popular.

I hope that Hayate and Siegfried will be affordable, I mean, not locked behind walls of any kind.

Players
2,970 posts
2 hours ago, Toivia said:

Not much to do with how well you do (I sucked moose balls in 5/6 of those battles), all that matters is careful stockpiling of good camos and signals and timing their use with premium time. Yesterday I got a day of premium time with Daily Shipments (which I planned for and could have delayed, if needed).

You just need to stack bonuses. Do you happen to have a day of premium by chance? Use it to mount XP or credit boosting camos and signals on the ships you play. Do you happen to own a fancy camo like the Asian Lantern one or similar? Don't waste it on a ship without mounting as many special signals as possible (maybe try to make space for the anti-detonation signal as well - chance can be a bi*ch). Anything that boosts ship XP will also boost Commander and freeXP, because those are calculated based on it. That's the basis of grinding.

Moose balls, hmm do they taste nice?:Smile_teethhappy:

As for days premium, I have a rather large embarrassing amount of premium time, but yes I have some camo's and plenty of signals and the like so I think I am ok in that department.

• Funny 3

[CAPT]
Players
489 posts
12,416 battles

A lot of the above posts reflect my feelings so I won't repeat them. The thing that rankles me most is steel - you can exchange it for coal but you can't exchange coal for it. As my situation is that I can't play clan battles often because of time constraints, plus I'm not set up for voice chat, I earn very little steel. Therefore, the steel ships might as well not be there.

Another thing that irks me is that WG has no meaningful missions or events for the tier I-IV ships I have (Mikasa, Diana, etc, I have a LOT). Ships below tier V might as well not exist. I realize WG does not make much, if any, money off low tier ships, but they could at least restrain their greed a little.

• Cool 3

[CAPT]
Players
489 posts
12,416 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Moose balls, hmm do they taste nice?:Smile_teethhappy:

I hear they're better than Rocky Mountain Oysters - fried, of course.:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 2

Players
14 posts
16,389 battles

Hi, I don't find amusing that you are introducing ships from 60s and putting them against bb's from 40s.  That is improper distribution of power.  What can a bb from 40s do against spamer ships like Smolensk or Friesland?  Nothing!  You already ruined the game with new MM, now only thing you meet at Tier X are Minotaurs, Smolensks, Shimakases or Harugumos.  It is not worth playing Tier X with bb anymore.  And now you want to ad Friesland and Haven knows what more.  Why don't you give me a nice rocket cruser to defend myself?  If you want to restore the balance in the game you should limit the number of above mentioned spamer ships to 2 per battle, leaving the remaining 10 for normal entries. Very disappointed, Tomislav 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NSAF]
Players
35 posts
7,101 battles

what a load of rubbish, "doubloons arent the only way to get them" and then you show free xp, the biggest thing about free xp is that it is exactly what most people get doubloons for, are you guys over at warships becoming WG tanks? do you get things mixed up? feeling the urge to push more OP russian ships out that didnt even make it to an insane old mans dreams?

you know, i havent bashed or ranted againt you guys before, but honestly, enough is enough.

as Tomimoto_1 so bloody well put it above me here, you guys are pitting overpowered ships from late 50-60s against ships that were for the most part designed in the 30's and launched in the 40's, and as you yourselves have so delicatly put it before, the stats match their size.

how the bloody hell do you expect battleships to actually defend themselves these days with all the ships your putting out that can go toe to toe with a top tier battleship, i mean hell, look at the stalingrad or the moskva for crying out loud, fair enough the moskva isnt a premium, but it sure as hell can go toe to toe with a top tier BB and brawl it out.

you guys need to go back to your little napkins and draw up a new formula for warships, because you have now broken the so called "balance" in the game.

and this is something alot of people say, but im gonna damn well be among them...if the current progress of adding more overpowered ships to the game doesnt stop, i will be uninstalling the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
24,621 posts
13,653 battles
16 minutes ago, Tomimoto_1 said:

Hi, I don't find amusing that you are introducing ships from 60s and putting them against bb's from 40s.  That is improper distribution of power.  What can a bb from 40s do against spamer ships like Smolensk or Friesland?  Nothing!

Friesland does not work that differently from other DD. If you have trouble with 120mm guns, maybe stay out of high Tier?

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
287 posts
6 hours ago, quickr said:

Mate, there are 25 tech tree lines with literally hundreds of ships, some of them better than premium ships. Sure, some content is locked behind pay/time wall. But as you play you get more resources which in result allow you to get more ships (or captains, or flags, or camos, or whatever).

You can't really expect to get everything for nothing? How entitled are you?

Without premium your in for a loooooong and frustrating  grind. For nothing you say? You are actually paying with your time and with the frustration that you're not having an optimized captain built and fully researched ship. The grind in this game (without money involved) is absolutely horrendous.

[NMA]
Players
1,007 posts
17,178 battles
2 minutes ago, clocky said:

Without premium your in for a loooooong and frustrating  grind. For nothing you say? You are actually paying with your time and with the frustration that you're not having an optimized captain built and fully researched ship. The grind in this game (without money involved) is absolutely horrendous.

First of all, "I payed with my precious time" argument is kind of ridiculous. If you value your time so much why spend it on a video game? It's not like you can put "I've played 10 000 games in WOWS" in your CV.

Secondly, if you are frustrated by a game or a game element, than maybe switch to another game. Games should be relaxing , not frustrating.

And thirdly, WOWS is, among F2P games one of the most rewarding I've ever played. You wanna know what grind is? Try playing WOT or war thunder.

• Cool 3

Players
3,341 posts
1 hour ago, Tomimoto_1 said:

Hi, I don't find amusing that you are introducing ships from 60s and putting them against bb's from 40s.  That is improper distribution of power.  What can a bb from 40s do against spamer ships like Smolensk or Friesland?  Nothing!  You already ruined the game with new MM, now only thing you meet at Tier X are Minotaurs, Smolensks, Shimakases or Harugumos.  It is not worth playing Tier X with bb anymore.  And now you want to ad Friesland and Haven knows what more.  Why don't you give me a nice rocket cruser to defend myself?  If you want to restore the balance in the game you should limit the number of above mentioned spamer ships to 2 per battle, leaving the remaining 10 for normal entries. Very disappointed, Tomislav 

We need a Naval Research Center so we can earn Research points so we can properly refit all them old tubs to meet the challenge of the modern times!

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
12 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I'm saving FreeXP to get Alaska

Idk mate.. I have Alaska, Kronshtadt, and Missouri that costed free xp, and i wont mention that bloody saving and grinding to get Smolensk, Stalingrad and Salem, but yes, Alaska.. 

Although it is nice, idk... when Im playing her, it is good, but sometimes i feel like there is something missing... I saw that You wrote that You have 200k free xp.. Grind it normaly, but dont do sudden rush to get Alaska.. watch on the news on forums or WoW-s related websites (daily bounce is ok) because WG is releasing relatively fast those lets call them "special" ships.. so perhaps in the near future, there shall come something much more better than Alaska, Kron ect... :cap_book:

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
12 hours ago, kenny212 said:

how the bloody hell do you expect battleships to actually defend themselves these days with all the ships your putting out that can go toe to toe with a top tier battleship

As my clan colleague does, On Yamato you put range module, and spotter plane, then you have what.. 28km range? 30? I really dont know.. but that is how you defend yourselves.. Snipe from galaxy far far away... (dont get me wrong, everything above said is an joke and you are right, I aint playing playing battleships a lot this days just because of that.. Or torpedos in water, or insane amount of HE shells, splatered by Henrys-Smolensks-Desmos ect and you get constant raping).

I played an battle with Kurfurst two days ago.. Idk if You remember, how he was bloody mighty brawler, now his secondaries are practically useless just because of that reason; HE cruisers and torpedos makes that when You are playing with Kurfurst, You cannot get close to use Your turtleback and those secondaries....

And Cruisers and Destroyers captains, dont get me like I am some kind of Battleship crybaby, because this is what it is if You think about it.. :Smile_great:

Players
5,976 posts
10,880 battles
11 hours ago, quickr said:

First of all, "I payed with my precious time" argument is kind of ridiculous. If you value your time so much why spend it on a video game? It's not like you can put "I've played 10 000 games in WOWS" in your CV.

Secondly, if you are frustrated by a game or a game element, than maybe switch to another game. Games should be relaxing , not frustrating.

And thirdly, WOWS is, among F2P games one of the most rewarding I've ever played. You wanna know what grind is? Try playing WOT or war thunder.

People don't put the number of hours they watched TV in their CV either.

And I kinda agree but I have a slight issue with your wording of games supposedly being relaxing and not frustrating, but don't get me wrong as I get you.

In my opinion, games should primarily be about having fun while in a safe environment (when you die you don't really die and when you become a milionaire or become broke, you don't IRL) and what everyone seeks in or needs from a game, does differ a bit between individuals. For me, an important part of gaming is the challenge and being able to grow my skill level and accomplishing something (even if the accomplishments are perhaps very trivial) and when wanting to accomplish something, frustration (but the good kind!) is part of it sometimes. The frustration from toxicity is a whole other ballgame though and is not the type I am referring to.

I think this is also what you probably meant when you said games shouldn't be frustrating.

And totally agree on World of Tears, even though I did kinda enjoy it provided I gave up any aspirations of ever getting to tier 10.

I never played WT so can't comment on it from a personal experience. But what the grind is concerned, I should end up owning the game, the game should not end up owning me.

And yes, WoWS has been very rewarding to me, and it's not even the ships but it is the people I interact with! :cap_horn::Smile-_tongue:

I especially like my clanmembers and other people I interact with a lot and some people that I kinda know on twitch :Smile_great:

Spoiler

And I guess that at least some of the people here on the forums are kinda tolerable as well :Smile-_tongue::Smile_honoring: and sometimes I love you guys :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
5,976 posts
10,880 battles
11 hours ago, peter_943_2017 said:

so finaly a dutch ship dd friesland after waiting for so long

and than you make it 1m free xp common that must be some kind of a sick joke

why

All of the current FXP ships are 1m FXP.

The first few batches of FXP ships were only 750k FXP though. And then there is Nelson.

[A-Z]
Players
241 posts

At this moment:

Free XP -> I already have all that was interesting to me -> skip to the next one

Coal -> I already have all that was interesting to me -> skip to the next one

Steel -> the only one that really interests Me is Flint, but... "Steel is the most difficult one to earn" - it's a lie. Steel is practically impossible to obtain.

My clan is too small to take part in Clan Battles (and I'm not even interested in them) and thanks to the anti progress system in Ranked Battles ("(...) Rank 12. To get as far as that, you'll need to fight in about 10 battles." - this is also a lie, You need much more games and tons of luck to MM) this way is also closed. Theoretically (if I good remember) we have also a chance to get Steel from Super Containers, but... according to My personal statistic, chance to get SC from daily containers (the only way to get them right now) is less than 1% and chance to get Steel from it is propably even smaller.

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
172 posts
9,463 battles

Always interesting to hear different sides to an argument, but BB captains being gnarly about a certain class of ships (lo and behold it's no longer CV's..... ) is nothing new. BB players (and I'm slightly in that category myself) do rarely adapt to new challenges apart from complaining more. The friesland is a squishy new DD without torpedoes, no threat whatsoever for a BB, but for the very thing BB's loathe: DD's. Smolensk and Colbert are dubbed as Cancer ships as players don't know how to counter these, whilst their kind has been in the game for a long time: Minotaur (AP spammer), Worcester (has everything except smoke), Haragumo (DD HE spammer with good torps), Khabarovsk (mega nerfed HE spamming DD, but still good/ok even after nerf), Gearing (HE spamming super concealed (with legendary module) US DD with good torps), Daring (UK HE spamming DD with smoke, hydro and torpedo single launch (amazing if you're good with it (I'm not)).. and those were only the T10 ones and I could have included Des Moines (first HE slinging cruiser) and Zao all of which operates under the same regime: HE to melt BB's. All of those ships are countered in various ways, have weaknesses and are seemingly ok. Yes, the Smolensk will probably be nerfed or removed from store, Colber probably not as it doesn't have smoke.

Thing is, the game is ever changing, an introduction of a new ship means change, it might suck or it might not. Some good players find ways to play ships or specc captains that's just amazing. That doesn't mean it is broken.

The game costs time, A LOT of time, I've spent my fair share of hours here, but I've spent a whole lot of money on it to save time as I find time grinding both boring and fruitless, but I must say, this new research bureau has actually rekindled some of my love of lower tiers, although I confess spending free exp up to T6 and T7 if I don't particularly love the early tiers of that branch. But playing from T7-> with camo and dragon flags net me on average over 10k EXP and 10k free exp every match, so from the 250k spent to reach T7 with modules I have now reclaimed nearly 100k. A friend of mine has reclaimed everything, but it requires you to spend dragon flags... And they're hard to get for free..

Not sure I'll do 4 lanes this time to get Colbert, having fun with the french BB line at T7 (soon T8) at the moment, let's see how that goes before I commit more.

Regarding steel I agree with everyone here, more or less. I hate that it requires you to play modes that are either frustrating (ranked due to the possibility to save a star, players will play super safe for their own benefit before trying to win) or require you to play in a clan (clan battle). It's also a bit sad that the bonuses for being in a clan are so insanely good compared to not be (more free exp per fight, cheaper repairs, cheaper purchases (boats), more exp per battle, more captain exp per battle, steel and coal bonuses (up to 10%, but realistically 5% is somewhat easy to obtain in a clan (at least coal, steel is expensive). I long for campaigns (however long they need to be) either premium or like with warplanes (ways to skip long grinds if you spend money, but you can get everything for free if you rather want to grind) that will award steel. 

Some of the steel ships are OP (Stalingrad and flint and quite possibly Somers (remains to be seen)) compared to tech tree counter parts (Moskva/Kronshtadt) and atlanta (premium boat thought), but you'll find the same in both free exp and coal ships (Musashi in a T7 match is funny, I agree, but so is Missouri, Alaska and Azuma, not to mention Jean Bart).

The new MM has been good so far, much less uptiering, at least in my tier 7 french BB, but I've yet to play enough battles I think to get the baseline set properly.

Do not invest the time if you don't have it, time is the most valuable currency available. Thus I spend money to lessen the requirement of time to be invested.

At the moment there are also MORE than enough ships available in the game, I'd rather want WG to focus on more game content or modes than even more ships. I can easily break the 300 ship in port if so desired, which is just crazy, I'll never play 300 ships!.. _So, more maps, content as game modes or operations (would love some operations for higher tiers (9-10) and lower tiers (2-4))..

Players
352 posts

"Not interested in "Steel-earner" ships? You can exchange Steel for Coal at a rate of 1:10 in the Armory "

So, if you are not interested in coal ships, why can't you convert coal into steel 10:1 and get steel ships?

Players
1,181 posts
2,989 battles
2 ore fa, PiXiE93 ha scritto:

Idk mate.. I have Alaska, Kronshtadt, and Missouri that costed free xp, and i wont mention that bloody saving and grinding to get Smolensk, Stalingrad and Salem, but yes, Alaska.. 

Although it is nice, idk... when Im playing her, it is good, but sometimes i feel like there is something missing... I saw that You wrote that You have 200k free xp.. Grind it normaly, but dont do sudden rush to get Alaska.. watch on the news on forums or WoW-s related websites (daily bounce is ok) because WG is releasing relatively fast those lets call them "special" ships.. so perhaps in the near future, there shall come something much more better than Alaska, Kron ect... :cap_book:

Sure mate, I said that I'm saving FreeXP just to say that I'm not using it. 

I'm not even in a hurry for Alaska, I mean, if I have some premium account time from the daily shipments or from containers, I put the papa papa together with the other economic signals on my ships, so that the premium time is not waisted (I rarely use special signals), but once the premium time has expired, I don't use those signals and I go back to earn FreeXP normally.

• Cool 2

Players
1,181 posts
2,989 battles
8 minuti fa, Monalie ha scritto:

"Not interested in "Steel-earner" ships? You can exchange Steel for Coal at a rate of 1:10 in the Armory "

So, if you are not interested in coal ships, why can't you convert coal into steel 10:1 and get steel ships?

I think that's because you can earn coal in the daily containers, while steel is more rare.

But I'd like to to be able to convert coal to steel, maybe even at a 25:1 ratio to make it balanced, so you don't earn that much steel from coal.

• Cool 1

Players
28 posts
17,138 battles
9 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

All of the current FXP ships are 1m FXP.

The first few batches of FXP ships were only 750k FXP though. And then there is Nelson.

yeah that  is treu but you talk about fxp ships from nations that  have many ships that you can research or buy with dubloens or fxp

friesland is the only dutch ship in wow

Players
3,341 posts
5 minutes ago, peter_943_2017 said:

yeah that  is treu but you talk about fxp ships from nations that  have many ships that you can research or buy with dubloens or fxp

Which makes it.. an honorary Polish ship?

Players
5,976 posts
10,880 battles
49 minutes ago, peter_943_2017 said:

I'm still waiting for the 1047 design. And the floating island!!! :Smile_izmena::cap_win::Smile_izmena: (Abraham Crijnssen)