Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

gamescom 2019 Recap

15 comments in this topic

Players
460 posts
2,228 battles

That only "tier 6 + tier 8 + tier 10" subs. is that a thing? No tier 4, 5, 7, 9 sub in the game?

Or is it only for testing?

Players
655 posts

"Mainz is the original version of the Seydlitz and Lützow cruisers (Admiral Hipper class) as they were planned in the June of 1936. In game, Mainz will have good range and relatively good survivability for a ship armed with 150 mm guns, and will be familiar to players of Nürnberg and Königsberg."

Um, so why not call it the Seydlitz or Lützow?:Smile_amazed:

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad this ships is coming, but I would rather pilot the Seydlitz or Lützow than Mainz.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,290 posts
3,708 battles
6 hours ago, ScoobyDooku said:

And still no Jingles. 

As we mentioned in the gamescom streams, he should* be arriving in a port near you with 0.8.8. His new voice-lines are reported be more "Jingles". :cat_cool:

* Due to the subject matter on-time arrival cannot be guaranteed :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,325 posts
10,733 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

As we mentioned in the gamescom streams, he should* be arriving in a port near you with 0.8.8. His new voice-lines are reported be more "Jingles". :cat_cool:

* Due to the subject matter on-time arrival cannot be guaranteed :Smile_hiding:

And where is my Lootbox Mikasa Captain?

[4_0_4]
Players
7,675 posts
14,019 battles
8 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Um, so why not call it the Seydlitz or Lützow?:Smile_amazed:

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad this ships is coming, but I would rather pilot the Seydlitz or Lützow than Mainz.

Because CLs got different names in the Kriegsmarine.

CLs got names of cities.

• Cool 1

[OFFS]
[OFFS]
Players
24 posts
15,697 battles

Thanks Mr conway. for the info. as i don't follow the streams, because of my real lack of interest in subs and carriers. sorry only read the highlights. which i prefer. thanks again for the info. 

• Cool 1

[IHH]
Beta Tester
37 posts
9,860 battles

I don't know about the view onto Admiral Lütjens from outside of Germany and how the Russians think about it. Lütjens seems to be way more of a loyal believing Nazi than the actual captain of the Bismarck, Ernst Lindemann and the Captain of the Graf Spee, Hans Langsdorff. As far as I know Langsdorff and Lindemann did not forget or pushed aside their humanity, especially Langsdorff. Yes, Lütjens is likely to be the most famous KM Admiral where the other two even are "only" in the rank of a captain, but for the sake of a political statement against nazism I'd prefer to see one one of the other two. I know, politics is a difficult topic to discuss about but I feel like this is better not to be omitted.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I am happy to get access to a historical German Commander, but the above said concerns me a bit.

• Cool 2

Players
94 posts
57 minutes ago, Der_Besieger said:

I don't know about the view onto Admiral Lütjens from outside of Germany and how the Russians think about it. Lütjens seems to be way more of a loyal believing Nazi than the actual captain of the Bismarck, Ernst Lindemann and the Captain of the Graf Spee, Hans Langsdorff. As far as I know Langsdorff and Lindemann did not forget or pushed aside their humanity, especially Langsdorff. Yes, Lütjens is likely to be the most famous KM Admiral where the other two even are "only" in the rank of a captain, but for the sake of a political statement against nazism I'd prefer to see one one of the other two. I know, politics is a difficult topic to discuss about but I feel like this is better not to be omitted.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I am happy to get access to a historical German Commander, but the above said concerns me a bit.

Well said. Getting committed Nazi crony over highly competent Lindemann (who detested Lütjens) or Langsdorff is kind of bad idea...

*I'm neither German nor ignorant to the fact what kind of man Mr. Lütjens was and what he represented.*

• Cool 2

[SLUG]
Players
80 posts
9,823 battles

Lutjens is an odd choice unless WG want to add an admiral who makes a ship less competitive.

Lutjens’s special skills should be a 10% penalty to detection on account of him liking to use his radio when radio silence would be better and a “last stand” that works in reverse, so the rate of fire gets worse the more damage you take, on account of his crew-depressing and fatalistic pep talks.

Langsdorff would be, yes, a fine choice, or maybe Von Reuter. 

[IHH]
Beta Tester
37 posts
9,860 battles
11 hours ago, slugford said:

Langsdorff would be, yes, a fine choice, or maybe Von Reuter

Von Reuter would be a good choice too, but I still prefer Lindemann and Langsdorff

Players
3 posts
4,333 battles

please don't make the new commander the same as the Aubenyeau and Kuznetsov. Just please return to the old campaign formula, it was a lot more player friendly, and if you want to make money from it you could still sell boxes that give the commander in beside the campaign. the direction that the game has taken in the past updates really worries me and a lot other players i know, please don't turn this into another WoT and learn from their mistakes because if the playerbase drops this game won't survive. it just simply doesn't have enough players for that

Players
155 posts
7,579 battles

We will share the details about these commanders’ traits later in the development blog.

Any news about this? Did I missed it? Anyone care to share some information with me?

Players
155 posts
7,579 battles
36 minutes ago, LoveYouTooBuddy said:

Any news about this? Did I missed it? Anyone care to share some information with me?

*Angry noises 

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat! It is time for me to act! I demand satisfaction!

I'm on strike not playing wows, until my questions are answered! 

What is going on with Günther Lütjens?

What traits will you give to Günther Lütjens?

How and when am I going to get him?

You can't ignore me forever!

Spoiler

There are other people asking with me!

dozens.gif.21ce487aef53bf473775960a267e9dc5.gif

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this