MacMatties

From what tier do i buy equipment etc. ?

7 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1 battles

A few questions:

From what tier do I buy equipment?

From what tier do I use cammo?

From what tier do I use prem consumables?

[SHAFT]
Players
1,103 posts
23,657 battles

1) Tier 1-10

2) All tiers benefit from camos, you can get some for in game silver credits, wouldn't recommend the premium ones

3) Prem consumables help a lot, I would recommend them from tier 3 and above, at least dds benefit from prem smoke, bbs from prem repairs and heal.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,848 posts
14,117 battles
On 8/26/2019 at 6:05 AM, DeTankKiller33 said:

A few questions:

At time of writing, you have a single battle; one impact of this is that you haven't unlocked any of this stuff yet. All of the bits you mention (plus captains) unlock in sequence, as you build your battle count.

Equipment: put it on pretty much anything and everything at lower tiers (the silver cost of the first couple of slots' equipment is peanuts); higher up, equipment increases significantly in cost, but I would still suggest mounting as much of it as possible - it increases the effectiveness of your ships significantly.

The strategy for this sort of thing tends to be related to how you run your WOWS account: if you're entirely f2p (free-to-play), you have tighter constraints on how many ships you can realistically keep, and your rate of silver earning etc. If you spend money on things like port slots (only get them when they're on offer, ideally), premium time, and so on, you can be a bit more profligate. Life will be easier if you have plenty of ships, and don't have to sell as much stuff (ships etc. lose you half the silver value when sold).

BTW I would suggest joining a clan (ideally one with people happy to teach if you're new to the game): if they have a reasonably developed base, you'll get economic bonuses which reduce the prices of things like ships, and increase your resource earning rate.

With regard to cammo, once it's unlocked, I would suggest using it any time you face real people at the least (I personally use it in all battles, except when I mess up); the two key bonuses are a reduction in your detection radius and increased dispersion on shots fired at you - you ideally want both. With time, you'll probably end up earning quite a lot of cammo, including some with superior bonuses; if you don't have a surfeit of the latter, keep them for games where the rewards are better (randoms, not coop, and so on).

As of now, premium consumables cost silver, whilst the basic ones don't (this is apparently changing in future, so everything is free premium); in coop, use as many basic ones as you can get away with, while you can be a bit more extravagant in PvP games - the crucial differences between regular and premium consumables is cooldown and getting an extra charge; the more important it is to have something available and/or extra usages available, the higher the priority of it being premium. I pretty much always run premium Damicon, regardless of mode, and the rest are case by case, with me erring towards premium.

• Cool 1

Players
277 posts
2 hours ago, DeTankKiller33 said:

T6-7.  Due +2 MM and due how all wows events require T5+. The equipment cost stays constant troughout the tiers and from T6 special upgrades come to a break point of barelly playable or decent per ship.  So far only Magazine Modification till T6 is worth the silver for certain ships that tend to implode a lot. And Main Armaments Modification helps if your guns tend to break to frequently.

DD on all tier's Type 5 camo.  BB's from T6, Type 2 camo.  For CV's, it's up to you - if you are actively moving, you can make do without Type 1 camo,  other than that at T6+ ships can basically shoot across the map so any +camo helps. As for CL's, nothing will save you - if you spam HE constantly camo won't help you and if you want to asist DD's being mid range dispersion on big ships doesn't do much; other than that Type 5 camo from the start like DD's.

Smoke, radar, sonar. Tanky and lots of hp? Repair party + damage control or go to port. Ship gets incapacitaded constantly? Repair party. If you don't buy premium consumables, don't complain about border hugging BB's, kamikaze DD's and lost child CL's. Just farm damage aka exp and lvl to t10 where you will haw to use those consumables eventually if you accumulate a surplus of silver that is. Or pay money to afford the silver from the get go. If you care about carrying the team...

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
1 battles
22 hours ago, nimlock said:

T6-7.  Due +2 MM and due how all wows events require T5+. The equipment cost stays constant troughout the tiers and from T6 special upgrades come to a break point of barelly playable or decent per ship.  So far only Magazine Modification till T6 is worth the silver for certain ships that tend to implode a lot. And Main Armaments Modification helps if your guns tend to break to frequently.

DD on all tier's Type 5 camo.  BB's from T6, Type 2 camo.  For CV's, it's up to you - if you are actively moving, you can make do without Type 1 camo,  other than that at T6+ ships can basically shoot across the map so any +camo helps. As for CL's, nothing will save you - if you spam HE constantly camo won't help you and if you want to asist DD's being mid range dispersion on big ships doesn't do much; other than that Type 5 camo from the start like DD's.

Smoke, radar, sonar. Tanky and lots of hp? Repair party + damage control or go to port. Ship gets incapacitaded constantly? Repair party. If you don't buy premium consumables, don't complain about border hugging BB's, kamikaze DD's and lost child CL's. Just farm damage aka exp and lvl to t10 where you will haw to use those consumables eventually if you accumulate a surplus of silver that is. Or pay money to afford the silver from the get go. If you care about carrying the team...

Thanks for the detailed reply

Players
3 posts
1 battles
23 hours ago, Verblonde said:

At time of writing, you have a single battle; one impact of this is that you haven't unlocked any of this stuff yet. All if the bits you mention (plus captains) unlock in sequence, as you build your battle count.

Equipment: put it on pretty much anything and everything at lower tiers (the silver cost of the first couple of slots' equipment is peanuts); higher up, equipment increases significantly in cost, but I would still suggest mounting as much of it as possible - it increases the effectiveness of your ships significantly.

The strategy for this sort of thing tends to be related to how you run your WOWS account: if you're entirely f2p (free-to-play), you have tighter constraints on how many ships you can realistically keep, and your rate of silver earning etc. If you spend money on things like port slots (only get them when they're on offer, ideally), premium time, and so on, you can be a bit more profligate. Life will be easier if you have plenty of ships, and don't have to sell as much stuff (ships etc. lose you half the silver value when sold).

BTW I would suggest joining a clan (ideally one with people happy to teach if you're new to the game): if they have a reasonably developed base, you'll get economic bonuses which reduce the prices of things like ships, and increase your resource earning rate.

With regard to cammo, once it's unlocked, I would suggest using it any time you face real people at the least (I personally use it in all battles, except when I mess up); the two key bonuses are a reduction in your detection radius and increased dispersion on shots fired at you - you ideally want both. With time, you'll probably end up earning quite a lot of cammo, including some with superior bonuses; if you don't have a surfeit of the latter, keep them for games where the rewards are better (randoms, not coop, and so on).

As of now, premium consumables cost silver, whilst the basic ones don't (this is apparently changing in future, so everything is free premium); in coop, use as many basic ones as you can get away with, while you can be a bit more extravagant in PvP games - the crucial differences between regular and premium consumables is cooldown and getting an extra charge; the more important it is to have something available and/or extra usages available, the higher the priority of it being premium. I pretty much always run premium Damicon, regardless of mode, and the rest are case by case, with me erring towards premium.

thanks for the reply. This is my WoT account. I play Wows on another, forgot to switch on the forum

• Cool 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,657 battles
On 8/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, DeTankKiller33 said:

A few questions:

Equipment sometimes is discounted at 50%. In such cases there is basically no reason to not buy them as you get 100% of the credit cost back after the discount is over (kinda like in WoT).

But it depends a LOT on how your credit balance is.

Generally speaking, it can be worthwhile to get these upgrades for any ship you play, but if short on credits you could opt to skimp on the lowest tier ones (depending on your budget).

From tier 5 it is wise to consider getting all of the upgrades anyway unless you intent to spend all your time in coop perhaps. And operations (avaibale currently at tiers 6 and 7) have other requirements again.

Camo...if you really feel like you GOT to pick one, then pick the one which adds extra dispersion to enemy shots fired at you (type 2 costing 7500 credits). DDs can use the other cheap camo.

Premium consumables depends again on your budget.

Personally I would always use the +heal one for BBs at least. The rest? You could opt to skimp on (especially!) the one that adds an extra spotter plane.

Other ones you could skimp on without loosing too much fighting power, is the DefAA one and perhaps any radar one.

Fighter can also be skipped.

But ones you should I believe always take premium ones, are the repair and the heal consumables (the ones that gets rid of fires/floods and other broken stuff, and the other one that gives an extra heal and shortens the cooldown between heals by like 1/3rd).

• Cool 1