You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

lobbing HE?

28 comments in this topic

Players
390 posts

the players have talked how CVs impact the game,how BBs with high camo,how DDs impact the game and so on.

What do you think about this mechanic namely lobbing HE from weird angles,do you like it ? i like it when im in the Salem but hate it when i play BBs. Im ok with the minotaur doing it but starting fires annoys me as hell

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles
20 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

i like it when im in the Salem but hate it when i play BBs.

Who would've thought...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,120 battles

i dont like it myself , its just another element pushing the game towards being campy, passive and boring.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,485 posts
37,182 battles
31 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

i dont like it myself , its just another element pushing the game towards being campy, passive and boring.

This is how you play USN cruisers. Get into position to defend the flank. :cap_look:

Players
390 posts
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

This is how you play USN cruisers. Get into position to defend the flank. :cap_look:

Can you then use the same argument in case of an OP ship?

lets set for example some consider the kremlin OP(let’s say it is as they say for the sake of the argument)

can you then say “this how you play the kremlin,you press W deal damage and don’t take damage”?

[CATS]
Players
27,511 posts
14,588 battles
2 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

can you then say “this how you play the kremlin,you press W deal damage and don’t take damage”?

Yes.

This has nothing to do with a ship being too strong or not.

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles

A lot of the ships that use the tactic have a tendency to melt very fast if firing in the open or if the enemy manage to flank their position. If you give them flatter gun arcs to prevent them from lobbing shells over islands, you're going to have to find another way to keep them competitive.

Personally I find the playstyle good for variety, and have never had too much trouble with it on the receiving end. Possibly because I'm very much mid-tier atm (edit: although even then, there are plenty of Atlantas and Helenas and such around) and suck at BBs in so many other ways that I don't really notice it! Other BBs that can overmatch me are much more scary than spammy cruisers.

[MORIA]
Players
7,485 posts
37,182 battles
6 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Can you then use the same argument in case of an OP ship?

lets set for example some consider the kremlin OP(let’s say it is as they say for the sake of the argument)

Lobbing shells is OP? Not every position is good , some maps are really hard to find any, some are totally bad for USN cruisers like the Ocean, plus sometimes people recognize the danger and turn away. And if they turn away you hardly hit them and can't stay in that position cause you finally lose range to got anything. So it can be countered. The USN cruisers line is 4 years in the game, the oldest one with Japanese cruisers. 

• Cool 1

Players
906 posts
10,058 battles

Personally I like it. USA and Pan Asian DDs with the 5"/38 and IFHE will penetrate all the US cruisers, and when they are stationary behind an island, they don't expect other people to do the same thing to them. Watching them struggle to get out of LOS is hilarious.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

What do you think about this mechanic namely lobbing HE from weird angles,do you like it ? i like it when im in the Salem but hate it when i play BBs. Im ok with the minotaur doing it but starting fires annoys me as hell

If lobbing HE at you in your BB has distracted you that is one of the main points of doing it. Starting fires is a bonus, but if you can see the BB's guns start to turn towards you it's both time scoot away but also pat yourself on the back. Not enough recognition is given to the importance of keeping the enemy unsure of where to point their guns. 

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles
4 minutes ago, 250swb said:

If lobbing HE at you in your BB has distracted you that is one of the main points of doing it. Starting fires is a bonus, but if you can see the BB's guns start to turn towards you it's both time scoot away but also pat yourself on the back. Not enough recognition is given to the importance of keeping the enemy unsure of where to point their guns. 

Quoted for truth. Have just started realising the power of doing this during my Helena grind, and it's hilarious to watch it happening in real time before you go dark again :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,348 posts
7,467 battles
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Im ok with the minotaur doing it but starting fires annoys me as hell,,,

BGNklE6.gif

Errrm..what would you rather have... a Fire on your ship or minotaur unleashing hell for the same duration? Because you can heal fire damage on most BB's (right?) so I know what I would rather have. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,485 posts
37,182 battles

Im ok with the minotaur doing it but starting fires annoys me as hell

Seems like there's not enough Conquerors on queue. Don't worry. In the next week I'll be playing again. Guess which ship I play THE MOST :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles

i like it when im in the Salem but hate it when i play BBs.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

The only thing which is bad imo, are HE spammers coming with smoke. But they are usually russians, so i guess its fine for WG :cap_tea:

Players
390 posts

Well is it just me or HE deals a good amount of damage in relation to the rate of fire? I’m more afraid of a Wooster than a  Minotaur. Smolensk is also annoying as [edited]

[MORIA]
Players
7,485 posts
37,182 battles
6 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Well is it just me or HE deals a good amount of damage in relation to the rate of fire? I’m more afraid of a Wooster than a  Minotaur. Smolensk is also annoying as [edited]

The ifhe against some less armored targets. 152mm ifhe can pen 32mm BBs. 

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,120 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

yeah and the same goes for them ;)

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
10 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Because angling against AP is easier? You can only try to make yourself smaller if something spamming you with HE. Shooting AP at a broadside hightier BB with thin plating also deals more damage if you are a Wooster or a Smolensk...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,808 posts
17,188 battles

Though I have to admit that at times HE spam can be anoying there is a simple solution: Don't play your enemy's game, play your own game.

So instead of mindlessly charging a dug in enemy in an unassaultable position either just go away (most HE lobbers are very bad at chasing after enemy ships) or play the patient game, i.e. kill his spotters and support first, push him out of position by flanking and obliterate him once he is in the open.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
On 8/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, ColonelPete said:

"I like it when I sink other ships, but I do not like it when they sink me." :fish_palm:

HomerSimpson-BRAIN-300x225.gif

On 8/26/2019 at 8:28 AM, Rusty_9 said:

tenor.gif.fbf2a144d7d0e7c083f27d61fdd40f25.gif

Yup.

Also... why you guys responding, you that bored? 

This user profile is private.

• Funny 1