You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

New Italian Cruiser Tier X "Venezia" seen in the wild (in "Random" battle)!

51 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,479 posts
15,922 battles

Hi all,

New Italian Cruiser Tier X "Venezia" seen in the wild (in "Random" battle)!

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PISC110&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&lang=en

Unfortunately she was in enemy team and played by unicum player (WinRate above 60%) ... I was in my "Yamato" and managed to citadel her but she did bounce several of my rounds from front... interesting ship (she had purple shells BTW)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,098 posts
11,146 battles

SAP shells are red, so the purple you saw might just be the SAP. Depending on your monitor and eyesight. 

Either that, or the special captain has unique tracers that forgo all sense of Italian Chic. 

6,234 posts
10,682 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

coal/steel ship

Regular Italian T10 cruiser (at least as currently planned).

1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

purple shells means one thing

To distingush HE and AP from SAP.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,309 battles

Meet these thing 3 BLOODY TIMES and that t10 italian destroyer paolo emilio i think that was the name? I want to thank you wargaming releasing a cruiser line that [edited] destroyers even more( i got hit by 6 sap shells in my daring and took 8k damage from a bloody venezia, later that night i took 5k damage from paolo emilio with sap shells gg balance) while they can go and [edited] themselfs when they meet a battleship! Why I say this? The same venezias( there were 2 in both teams)  could not do damage to a bloody conqueror. 

But hey i guess i have to grind myself the conqueror to say [edited]off to these OP 60mm deck soviet magic battleships oh and the low tiers who can bow tank for years!

Only german battleships will get mercy rest can go and burn to hell!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,100 posts
19,972 battles

Just seen @Allied_Winter captain one.

I was mildly disgusted at how he practically deleted two DDs immediately at the start of a match. And that's saying something considering I was in an Enterprise. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 10
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

I've witnessed what the tier X CA does to a Khaba ....  mildly disgusting is not really cutting it. It basically can two shot a Khaba with some luck. 

Uncle WeeGee really has no love for lolibote lives. 

6,234 posts
10,682 battles
13 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

i got hit by 6 sap shells in my daring and took 8k damage from a bloody venezia

That's ... kinda low though. As @El2aZeR can confirm: 14-16k Salvos are doable.

No way this thing can go live the way it is.

15 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

The same venezias( there were 2 in both teams)  could not do damage to a bloody conqueror. 

Exactly: As soon as all DDs and squishy cruisers are dead or hiding just far enough away .... their DMG - and thus influence - drops significantly. So yeah ... currently ... not OP, but ... broken. Imho.

Also had to edit your post, please mind the rules mate! 

7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I was mildly disgusted at how he practically deleted two DDs immediately at the start of a match

Well ... only thing that can stop her against DD's (if they are spotted) is bad aim and/or bugs (e.g. shells short falling). Apart from that.

Need to test her a bit more though ... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

Yes, I saw one yesterday, seemed pretty strong and fierce AA ( I was in Midway and never got near to hitting it). It ripped two of the Cruisers in our team to bits before it was taken out by a Kremlin. 

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,261 posts
6,958 battles

So the SAP went from totally useless against DD to be able to completely blap them in a few salvo ...

Well, typical WG balancing as usual then !!

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Regular Italian T10 cruiser (at least as currently planned).

The regular TX is named Milano, or did wg change the name? 

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

To distingush HE and AP from SAP.

An, i stand corrected then, thought WeeGee may been working on a Italian special skipper :Smile_Default:

6,234 posts
10,682 battles
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The regular TX is named Milano, or did wg change the name? 

Yes, after much 'concern' voiced by the community with regards to proper Italian ship names (in the files she's still named Milano).

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts

Oh Venetzia will be a nasty MOFU that much is certain, didnt meet any as of yet but I did meet a Paulo Emilio in my Kaga, he died as any other dd would in the same circumstances... :Smile_trollface:

[ZEN]
Players
1,150 posts
13,273 battles

When will WG finally realise that the SAP is a bad thing to have on a cruiser line it is absolutely broken at somethings and leaves you helpless in others... they should just ditch it and save that gimmick for the Italian BBs, dunno why this line needs 4 gimmicks to get people to play them 1 is more than enough...

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Need to test her a bit more though ... :Smile_trollface:

You're just like that guy inviting me into his clan to pad his clan's wr, claiming it's hard work collecting statistics for uncle WeeGee. But basically, if a ship is this broken, there really isn't much need for testing. Yes it dies fast I seen it happen, but it's toxic to game play. It's just a ship which makes people run away to other flank rather than risking to be the one on the reviving end when hopefully everyone focuses him down but you drew the short straw and he's only paying attention to you. 

On the other hand, knowing WG, they might need moar statistics before admitting spreadshiet actually says that SAP mechanic isn't really making life fair for lolibotes. in which case you should play it exclusively and every time I would see you in battle I would happilly be on the receiving end and die in two salvos.. just to make sure WeeGee is collecting the right data.

Ahh well, there used to be a time Kutuzov was pulled from the store, and RN CL's couldn't be released with HE, way to toxic said big uncle. And don't forget, we had to nerf how well Khaba could wiggle and how far it could shoot, because big uncle WeeGee said people found it to be to toxic.

Guess we should have taken those statement with some salt.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

.. yes that seems to be about the right amount :Smile_coin:

• Funny 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,719 battles
7 hours ago, mtm78 said:

I've witnessed what the tier X CA does to a Khaba ....  mildly disgusting is not really cutting it. It basically can two shot a Khaba with some luck. 

Uncle WeeGee really has no love for lolibote lives. 

I mean be that as it may, the Minotaur can almost do that and worse considering that she outputs shells essentially every 3 seconds. From what I've heard about the ship, she can only do what she does because her stupid running smoke allows her to get up close enough to destroyers unspotted to do that. The Venezia, by my guess, would not be anywhere near this stupid if Weegee did not insist on pushing two untested gimmicks on a single ship line at once that allows power synchronization so strong that it breaks the game -cough- Enterprise -cough-.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,032 battles

SAP Shells, Orange in WG Files. 

ammo_cs.png

ammo_cs_2x.png

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,545 battles
3 hours ago, dasCKD said:

I mean be that as it may, the Minotaur can almost do that and worse considering that she outputs shells essentially every 3 seconds. From what I've heard about the ship, she can only do what she does because her stupid running smoke allows her to get up close enough to destroyers unspotted to do that. The Venezia, by my guess, would not be anywhere near this stupid if Weegee did not insist on pushing two untested gimmicks on a single ship line at once that allows power synchronization so strong that it breaks the game -cough- Enterprise -cough-.

SAP also have great shell velocity which means it is much easier to hit DDs on the range then with Mino or Wooster. Shells that deal more damage then HE and has great velocity are very deadly vs DD! Yea, who could expect that.

• Cool 3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,719 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

SAP also have great shell velocity which means it is much easier to hit DDs on the range then with Mino or Wooster. Shells that deal more damage then HE and has great velocity are very deadly vs DD! Yea, who could expect that.

Well yes, obviously a problem as well. I'm just saying that SAP would have been fine if it was given to, say, the Colbert instead of the Italians. I would prefer just a well balanced ship line with strong HE and AP characteristics and the velocity that allows them to operate at long ranges utilizing both ammunition choices. Weegee would disagree though. Still, I think the point still stands that the Italians would not be anywhere as broken as they are now if not for the running smoke screen. Around 12-13 km of functional concealment without radar is something that most destroyers would have no issues working around, and we already have ships that can strike destroyers with insane alpha high velocity guns like the Zao.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts

Why does the smoke make them broken from dds point of view? Its 40s of running smoke and max 3 charges with long reload between?

• Cool 1

6,234 posts
10,682 battles
17 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Why does the smoke make them broken from dds point of view? Its 40s of running smoke and max 3 charges with long reload between?

Two scenarios:

- The smoke covers the ship while going full speed, thus it might be possible to rush towards the DD after the Venezia gets spotted. With a bit of practice you can then rush down enemy CVs quite easily. 

- The smoke covers the ship almost instantely, thus disabling any lock on also almost instantely. Sure it may only last for 40s but that's plenty of time to get out of dicy situations while at the same time voiding the DD's spotting capabilities.

[JRM]
Players
6,717 posts

Yes to get out, as in run away, going in like a blind pig twards a dd invites torps in your path, only way I see this kind (or pretty much any kind really) of smoke countering a dd is in a sence they cant spot you at their leisure for their 5-6 strong bb squad devstriking you while you are forced to turn in front of them before they are forced to do anything about you, you know still not detecting the dd with radar or hydro you dont have and relying on visual or proxy spotting for the most part I see no difficulty for the dd to evade your "push" at will

Rushing a cv is another story alltogether but agian - 30kt he knows where you are so he can run as from any other cruiser, he can torp in your path (albeit with weaker fish) and while that smoke is up (even with the module) you wont traverse the whole map in smoke, not even at top speed so sooner or later you will be visible again

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
4 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Never has a Mino done that to my angled Khaba, and I do mean never. 

1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

Well yes, obviously a problem as well. I'm just saying that SAP would have been fine if it was given to, say, the Colbert instead of the Italians

So you do recognize what I was saying? 

Mildly disgusting isn't cutting it. The angle I was on to the ship was optimal for Khaba and I would die in two salvo's. And yes that is because the arcs actually are decent enough. Mino has rainbows, don't compare the two. 

• Cool 1