Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragnorak

PTW Fujin LOL

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
617 posts
6,737 battles

Now I love my little Fujin and always have. One of my most fun ships.

 

But I do get a LOT of this...

 

And it always makes me smile as I do like happy customers..

 

 

 

PTW.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,018 posts
16,585 battles

Well, it would be fairer if we could all have one. And the fact that we can't all have one suggests that there is a problem with the ship. After all, I know when I take out my Guilio Cesare that I have paid for an OP ship... isn't that P2W?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,779 posts
18,958 battles

The Kamikaze sisters are just too much evil fun to resist, the perfect go to boat when you just want to have fun. 

 

As well as remind battleship and cruiser players that they can't always sail in straight lines. Enjoy their salty tears I know I do. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,575 battles

Fujin/Kamikaze isn't as OP as people think.

Short torps, bad guns and no AA are some of the drawbacks. They need daring commanders to work and those of us that have them know what to do.

It's as easy as that.

2019-08-25.thumb.png.e2a83e2202cf38e7e495b8cab15757a9.png

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
832 posts
9,653 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, it would be fairer if we could all have one. And the fact that we can't all have one suggests that there is a problem with the ship. After all, I know when I take out my Guilio Cesare that I have paid for an OP ship... isn't that P2W?

P2W is when you pay and you win. With premiums you can pay and you can lose every single battle.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,779 posts
18,958 battles
3 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

P2W is when you pay and you win. With premiums you can pay and you can lose every single battle.

 

Dont I know it, my best ever game in the Kamikaze R was 9 kills over 275,000 damage and still a loss, I mean she's still a very very good boat when played right but the win isn't guaranteed,

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
14 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Fujin/Kamikaze isn't as OP as people think.

Short torps, bad guns and no AA are some of the drawbacks. They need daring commanders to work and those of us that have them know what to do.

It's as easy as that.

2019-08-25.thumb.png.e2a83e2202cf38e7e495b8cab15757a9.png

The "problem" with the Fujin and the Kamikaze sisters are that while the torpedoes are relatively short ranged they do large amount of damage and have a quick reload, not to mention the 5.4 km concealment with a good crew. 

 

And then you have the fact that they pray on the inexperienced BB captains mostly, which makes them a surprisingly dangerous tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
64 posts
11,416 battles
10 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

P2W is when you pay and you win. With premiums you can pay and you can lose every single battle.

I wouldn't say P2W is when you win everytime, but when you pay for a ship that is to strong for it's tier/class/etc., simply said, OP (=overpowered). In this case you could say P2W, because the kamikaze sisters are simply to strong. I remember how they were basically a minekaze copy until the IJN DD line split, where they balanced minekaze out.... And no, in my opinion it isn't a problem that not everyone can have it, but rather that those ships can't be properly balanced because "muh premium stays how it is." Which I actually don't give WG the fault for, but rather the players who would be like that. WG tried nerfing a broken premium, but enough people rather have something gamebreaking in the game than getting their personal overpowered toy taken from them because "muh muney"... yeah, go figure :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,372 posts
14,548 battles

Minekaze was in the game for a long time before she was changed.

That is hardly OP or P2W level.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
617 posts
6,737 battles
36 minutes ago, GER_Sushi_Lover said:

I wouldn't say P2W is when you win everytime, but when you pay for a ship that is to strong for it's tier/class/etc., simply said, OP (=overpowered). In this case you could say P2W, because the kamikaze sisters are simply to strong. I remember how they were basically a minekaze copy until the IJN DD line split, where they balanced minekaze out.... And no, in my opinion it isn't a problem that not everyone can have it, but rather that those ships can't be properly balanced because "muh premium stays how it is." Which I actually don't give WG the fault for, but rather the players who would be like that. WG tried nerfing a broken premium, but enough people rather have something gamebreaking in the game than getting their personal overpowered toy taken from them because "muh muney"... yeah, go figure :Smile_facepalm:

 

To be fair I got it cos I loved the camo. At the time I got it wasn't anything. It's become something rather fun and again to be honest I also don't care if some players think it's OP it's still immense fun to play and I play games for fun so ergo I'm gonna play it.

 

AND

 

If they had it they would also play it too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,834 posts
14,080 battles

I think the main problem with the Kami sisters is that the bulk of players who have them and still play them tend to be very experienced and probably have a very good captain to put in them. There is also a major dearth of their main threat at the moment i.e. CVs.

 

Several of the equivalent tier silver DDs can be pretty horrifying opponents with a similar level captain and player (not me) though...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

People always think of Kamy & co. as PTW, are they strong well yeah kinda, what most forget is that theyr super easy to counter, few examples.

-CV in game, that really bad news

-Don't straight line (ok low level players so that one is 50/50)

-Large caliber HE hit knocks something out every time PM or not

-any DD with good guns can wreck it.

-spotted Kami is a dead Kami

-see a target lock come on and off knowing there is a Kami near by, thats a ''torps incoming'' giveway and just pressing S or D is gonna make the torps miss. 

:Smile_great:

Problem is that she was good but not that good when she came out, because and im comparing her to the Minekaze at the time, Kami was:

-A bit slower than Mine

-Mine used to have 8km torps compared to Kami's 7 km ones.

-Mine had a bit faster turret rotation and reaload (you can correct me on that one, it's been a while)

Kami at the time was the quintesential premium ship, could do everything that her silver counterpart could but, in exchange for being a premium witch ment she was a captain retrainer so being able to have any skipper,

ment she was not as good as her silver cousin, thats when premium ships were ment to be that, retrainers and quick silver earners, and bdw kami can earn a crapptonn od FXP concidering her tier 20K with flags is not rare.

:Smile_Default:

And one troll ship people always forget witch was the same and a tier lower but for all repect was a Kami by preformance was the old Isokaze witch in my opinion was a far trollier at T4. :Smile_trollface:

She and her systers became ''OP'' after WG nerfed the IJN DD Torp line after the split, heck, the old T8 Fubuki was the Kamikaze of her tier at the time beating Shimakaze hands down witch was 2 tiers higher. :Smile_honoring:

 

Personally, and this is just my personal opinion, allot of time has passed from then to now, and now we have many more DD lines each with theyr own quirk, it would be a good thing for WG to reconsider giving the IJN DD line theyr old stats back.

The Rusky vs Jap ego blow at Tshushima well, never gonna hold water, new lines are out that are better gunboats and better torp boats soo, giving the IJN back some of theyr once traditional flavour is not something ''OMG OP yadda yadda'' exusable thing. :cap_book:

And if WG was to do that and i know some are gona want my neck for saying this, Kami and Co. could be brought back because the line would be back to being competitive and Kami and Co. would be inline with the silver line and making a T8 premium version of old "Bucky" or a Fubucky clone with Aki guns at TX for coal/steel (with old torp stats and idk, 50 secs reload on the tubes) would be icing on the cake.

Now ya'll can have at me :Smile_hiding:

 

Edited by Major_Damage225
Typo's....again X3
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,111 posts
20,080 battles

While Fujin/Kamikaze are undoubtedly p2w in so far that they're straight up better than their tech tree counterparts, they're hardly the most op ships you can buy or could've bought nowadays. Time and meta haven't been kind to them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,161 posts
8 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, it would be fairer if we could all have one. And the fact that we can't all have one suggests that there is a problem with the ship. After all, I know when I take out my Guilio Cesare that I have paid for an OP ship... isn't that P2W?

Its just one of the ships. I dont have Missouri, Gulio, Nikolai .... but I do have Kami.

But I dont play it nowdays .... sure its fun, but If there is a CV in the game and if /  enemy gunboats / or cruisers know what they are doing they can make your life pretty miserable.

 

You know what worries me more than this ships?

Research burrito.

 

WG was "oh uh oh .. sealclubbing is bad" all this years and now ....  they come up with a perfect and legit way for veterans to go low tiers and smack new players.

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,156 posts
245 battles

Eh, wait until subs come along at low tiers they will probs change all of dar.

 

(unless they get nerfed heavily of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,470 posts
37,131 battles
9 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, it would be fairer if we could all have one. And the fact that we can't all have one suggests that there is a problem with the ship. After all, I know when I take out my Guilio Cesare that I have paid for an OP ship... isn't that P2W?

There was a grindy event 2 years ago called "Clash of elements".

 EVERYONE could have it. Oh well. Just like not everyone got Lazo and Benham. 

Guess Ill die 21072019132442.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IAN-]
Players
2,018 posts
6,837 battles

It's probably  loser to "Pay 2 Seal Club" but, as an IJN torp boat main when I first started 3.5 years ago, I just love this ship! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,156 posts
245 battles
46 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

There was a grindy event 2 years ago called "Clash of elements".

 EVERYONE could have it. Oh well. Just like not everyone got Lazo and Benham. 

Guess Ill die 21072019132442.jpg

the lazo? i always seem to see them die quick or i end citadelling dem with miss georgia, actually i rarely see the bloody things.

 

benfat however is to chonkeh and spams torps like rabbits breed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles
49 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

There was a grindy event 2 years ago called "Clash of elements".

 EVERYONE could have it. Oh well. Just like not everyone got Lazo and Benham. 

Guess Ill die 21072019132442.jpg

I won't join the Kami p2w discussion, as I don't think any of the OP ships are really ruining the game. But your comment is rubbish, ofc. First, lots of people have joined after the clash event. Second, not everyone has the time to grind for such events, like not everyone could put in the time to grind Benham.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
832 posts
9,653 battles

I still think if you buy a premium it doesn't mean you will win. It depends on the MM and on your skills.

It only means you had money to buy something.

Nobody as far as I know goes around saying 'you beggars feel the power of my wallet'

I prefer the man that can win with a silver ship and the one that can extract all the juice out of a premium.

And there are bad premiums too.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,429 posts
14,187 battles

Ahhhhhh Fujin. Still my fav ship and still most played, though not as much recently due to the ever expanding port collection. 

 

02F05676-2CDF-4F05-A9E8-0DF42D9B1928.thumb.jpeg.45227372812dbad7546f8dcbd003f5bc.jpeg

 

And Kami was a nice addition at Christmas via a container.

 

CE6AE9DC-30E5-4B46-8D98-125CEDD8D5AF.thumb.jpeg.81eba925605c7a874b815f3c24be8f8e.jpeg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles
17 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I still think if you buy a premium it doesn't mean you will win. It depends on the MM and on your skills.

It only means you had money to buy something.

Nobody as far as I know goes around saying 'you beggars feel the power of my wallet'

I prefer the man that can win with a silver ship and the one that can extract all the juice out of a premium.

And there are bad premiums too.

 

 

That sounds like you want to debunk the whole concept of pay to win :) Pay to win doesn't mean you necessarily need to win after paying. It means that you get a better chance at winning than those that don't use money. Everything from a massively OP weapon to a minor buff is considered pay to win as it ups the chance of anyone using stuff that's available to players for money only. P2w has nothing to do with player's individual skill level. If it's an cash exclusive item that is generally acknowledged as significantly better than items you can get by playing, it's pay to win, no  matter how good other people can be with items rewarded by playing for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
617 posts
6,737 battles
44 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

That sounds like you want to debunk the whole concept of pay to win :) Pay to win doesn't mean you necessarily need to win after paying. It means that you get a better chance at winning than those that don't use money. Everything from a massively OP weapon to a minor buff is considered pay to win as it ups the chance of anyone using stuff that's available to players for money only. P2w has nothing to do with player's individual skill level. If it's an cash exclusive item that is generally acknowledged as significantly better than items you can get by playing, it's pay to win, no  matter how good other people can be with items rewarded by playing for them.

 

But P2W ONLY works if the player also has Skillzz. Give any ship and any captain to the dirge of 40 percenters we have and they won't win. It will be wasted on them.

 

So P2W is a bit of a misnomer really to my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
832 posts
9,653 battles
1 hour ago, FukushuNL said:

That sounds like you want to debunk the whole concept of pay to win :) Pay to win doesn't mean you necessarily need to win after paying. It means that you get a better chance at winning than those that don't use money. Everything from a massively OP weapon to a minor buff is considered pay to win as it ups the chance of anyone using stuff that's available to players for money only. P2w has nothing to do with player's individual skill level. If it's an cash exclusive item that is generally acknowledged as significantly better than items you can get by playing, it's pay to win, no  matter how good other people can be with items rewarded by playing for them.

I do not want to debunk it, I see P2W as a way to insult people. 

And it doesn't go the other way you know. As I said before.

They do not say that when they kill a premium ship, do they?

 

If you get more chances to win in a lottery is still a lottery. You can only really have more influence with your skills and with a good random team.

If there are numbers backing up the theory that most premiums carry more battles then I'll change my mind. But probably is not true and just some people get upset when they see a good captain doing better on a premium. 

 

Seal clubbing is another thing and the Research Bureau will increase its occurrence for sure.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×