You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JarrusJenkins

How do you actually play a Battleship?

53 comments in this topic

[COR3]
Players
872 posts
11,211 battles
On 9/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, LoveYouTooBuddy said:

I read all the comments. A lot of very interesting advices are given here in my opinion. I just have one thing to add. If you are getting a lot of bad games in a row, not having fun, loss after loss and so on... stop playing for the day and get some rest.

Very sound advice.

Players
135 posts

BBS are afraid to tank because positioning is very hard and people will most likely chose a poor position than a good one. 

As as for the squishy CA, that’s true but when 2 Smolensk , a zao, a Salem and haragumo target you,then it's game over so people find it easier to sit back.

Not only the fires,the damage to firerate ratio is also strong. Getting hit for 2-4k damage by a des monies constantly is no fun considering you just shot back and you overpened 3 hits and hit one for 5k with a 25 sec reload.

yes positioning and not overextending is key but it’s harder to do in practice than on the forum.

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles

the key is not to rush into position and overextend but not to uselessly sit at the back doing nothing, make sure you set yourself up so that you can effectively change course when you need to so that you can avoid dying (so turning into an island to break line of site etc).

although all of that is pointless if your team is utter trash, so the only thing you can do basically is farm damage and kill as many ships as possible (unless the enemy decides they don't like winning anymore and choose to basically throw the game for their team).