You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bartleby74

11 campers losing in 10 minutes is the new meta

167 comments in this topic

[0KILL]
[0KILL]
Beta Tester
39 posts
3,149 battles

This happens way too often. 

last match just had in Bismark, Enemy DD is dealt with so i start to push into cap to support our DD's, got 5 greens behind me at first look like they are following. 3 or 4 reds ahead .. no problem. what does the greens do ... park at an island and try camping and leave me flapping. dare not turn and expose broadside, i die in minutes as my team just sit there and do jack.

this is a behaviour being repeated all the damned time.

• Cool 10

[-IAN-]
Players
2,011 posts
6,816 battles

I've been here 3.5 years and it's just the way WG is going I'm afraid. The easier the game is made, the more potatoes will think they're doing great so spend money in the Premium Shop.

The game is not about WG wanting to teach people to be skilful players, because that takes time/effort and may frustrate potatoes into quitting so losing WG money. So WG decided that instead of skill it should ONLY be about "number of games played"  where more games = more T10's = more players unwilling to quit (invested time) = more people potentially spending money.

For example, if you're stuck at T5 after 200 games you're more likely to quit that someone with 5x T10 ships and 3000 games, so WG decided make it easier for potatoes to get as rapidly to T10 as possible, with a severely broken XP economy, but because they rise to T10 so fast they never get the time to actually improve, hence so many "high-tier" games filled with players with awful stats (<40% WR etc). So now you have "new" players with T10 ships who don't know the basics and who never get better but keep grinding out 1000's of games at the same potato level, never improving.

Imagine what it'll be like in another 2-3 years if you think it's bad now! At least at the moment there's still a core backbone of "experienced" players from 3+ years ago when players were more skilled to learn from (maybe bias but thats what I see). When all those quit in frustration it'll just be potatoes as far as the eye can see!

• Cool 4

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
55 minutes ago, Bartleby74 said:

I've had enough. Losing in 10 minutes as the other team caps all points undisturbed used to be a rare instance, but I am seeing at least one battle like this every single day. Even more when i'm on a carrier, which rubs extra salt on the wound.

This is unacceptable. I've got a ton of sunken cost in WoWs, but the terrible attitude of players who don't even TRY to win is leading me to burnout point. I'm closing in to finish grinding the Hakuryu, which would mean money for WG since I would buy the doubloons for the camo, and i am feeling stupid. Downright stupid. Why bother gridning another ship? Why a carrier with all the AAA sh*t going around them? Why even consider grinding some other line (Soviet BBs? IJN CLs? German CAs?) when at the end of the road, you'll be the 1 idiot in a lone T 10 watching the enemy kill your ship as the green "team" just backpedals, runs for the edge or hides behind the island closest to spawn?

And then, 10, 11, maybe 12 minutes into the battle, there goes your WR down by another defeat. You've been slaughtered and the enemy team just enjoyed a walk in the park shooting some squirrels.

This is not worth 5500 doubloons. This is not worth grinding those last 40,000 XP for Hakuryu. This is not worth playing a single battle more.

Wargaming developers, I don't know what your plans are for the future. But as someone who's been playing since launch  (september 2015), here's a piece of advice: either you find a way to encourage players to be aggressive and TRY to win, or begin segregating  do-nothings from players who spend our time, knowledged and skill to improve our gameplay and try to enjoy the fruits of our commitment to this game and not another.

You're losing the game, Wargaming. In the long run nobody pays for the privilege of being the only one pulling in a team of leechers.

Or you fix your attitude/posture towards the game or you better take a break right now.

One thing I can tell you.

It's not worth going over your threshold (whatever may be)

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[2CMF]
Players
128 posts
9,794 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I’ve found I’m winning games quicker. Not losing them. So, I’m pretty happy with it currently.

I wish my WR was good enough to pack me with the 10-minute winners more often than the losers. But Midway destroyed my WR right because of the 10-minuters.

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
5 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

The game is not about WG wanting to teach people to be skilful players, because that takes time/effort and may frustrate potatoes into quitting so losing WG money. So WG decided that instead of skill it should ONLY be about "number of games played"  where more games = more T10's = more players unwilling to quit (invested time) = more people potentially spending money.

By now WG fitted us all in categories, demographics and target audiences.

free players, nah

t10 players and players with a ton of premium stuff, nah, because they squeezed all they could from them... wait .. what about taking all from them and forced them to do all over again... several times (an Eureka MOMENT).

Virgin and potential buyers , with high probability of buying is the golden meta for WG.

which one do you think you are?

Do you want a Tirpitz?

Why not?

Ohhh, you already have one...

How about this Tirpitz, it's  the black edition, a Tirpitz AMG, you don't have this one, it's better cause it's black.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
14 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I’ve found I’m winning games quicker. Not losing them. So, I’m pretty happy with it currently.

Wait for your turn, tomorrow we will see if you remain happy.

[2CMF]
Players
128 posts
9,794 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

By now WG fitted us all in categories, demographics and target audiences.

free players, nah

t10 players and players with a ton of premium stuff, nah, because they squeezed all they could from them... wait .. what about taking all from them and forced them to do all over again... several times (an Eureka MOMENT).

Virgin and potential buyers , with high probability of buying is the golden meta for WG.

which one do you think you are?

Do you want a Tirpitz?

Why not?

Ohhh, you already have one...

How about this Tirpitz, it's  the black edition, a Tirpitz AMG, you don't have this one, it's better cause it's black.

There's always money to be earned as long as the game is worth it. Sunken cost IS a thing and all in all, I enjoy the game sometimes. Just not often enough to beat yet another stupid battle where nobody effin tries to win.

I'm not a whale, by a far stretch, and certainly WG has gotten peanuts form me compared to the last game I played (EVE Online, were is spent 1200 euros worth of subcription plus microtransactions), but the thing is, I would like to keep playing the game and give some more money to WG, yet the meta has degenerated to a point where the game feels toxic. They dont' even try, game after game after game. Why bother.

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,118 battles

if anything happens in the first 10 mins i call it a result, so many games neither side will do anything its just camp and jump on anyone new/bad/unlucky 

Its all WG fault they have created this by design . not much point blaming the players , not that i always take my own advice ;)

• Cool 1

[0KILL]
[0KILL]
Beta Tester
39 posts
3,149 battles
11 minutes ago, Bartleby74 said:

There's always money to be earned as long as the game is worth it. Sunken cost IS a thing and all in all, I enjoy the game sometimes. Just not often enough to beat yet another stupid battle where nobody effin tries to win.

I'm not a whale, by a far stretch, and certainly WG has gotten peanuts form me compared to the last game I played (EVE Online, were is spent 1200 euros worth of subcription plus microtransactions), but the thing is, I would like to keep playing the game and give some more money to WG, yet the meta has degenerated to a point where the game feels toxic. They dont' even try, game after game after game. Why bother.

Only 1200 ... since 2003 i lost count. lol.

• Cool 1

Players
3,427 posts
14,187 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Wait for your turn, tomorrow we will see if you remain happy.

Tomorrow I’ll be elbow deep in people’s bodily fluids (the unfun ones, for work) so a few bad games will be a doddle compared to that.

Players
2,918 posts
15 minutes ago, antenociti said:

ive been absent from the game since january, back a couple of weeks now - gameplay quality is crap.

upvoted per principle for quality comment :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

[-IAN-]
Players
2,011 posts
6,816 battles

TBH, when most players don't have the gameplay understanding to beat Scenario bots 4 times out of 5 (depending on the scenario) you know the general playerbase skill level is way lower than it should be!

• Cool 3

Players
214 posts
12,789 battles

10 minute loss? Pathetic!! :cap_haloween:

Come back when u got a team losing in less than 5 minutes. 6 minute loss is a good start.

These days you don't have to wait for weekend anymore. You can lose all your destroyers in 2 minutes easily.

Image result for pump those numbers up

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Players
159 posts
26,061 battles

Where i can sign up for 10 mins games? U need to try the joy of pink shimakaze suiciding himself as soon as he has torps ready by teamkilling other dd. Those are the kind of games u have to try yet.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,090 battles
2 hours ago, Bartleby74 said:

I wish my WR was good enough to pack me with the 10-minute winners more often than the losers. But Midway destroyed my WR right because of the 10-minuters.

But fast wins aren't fun too...

• Cool 6

Players
2,918 posts
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I got chat banned for helping other players.

I speak very nicely today since its my first day in ten without chat ban but I still get reported for offering congrats and +1 so I feel u :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

Players
2,918 posts
On 8/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, MacArthur92 said:

But fast wins aren't fun too...

You can brush off a series of quick wins though, a series of losses are kinda more difficult to swallow :D

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,527 battles

Don't blame WG for players being crap. Blame players for players being crap.

I like the fact that you have to think for yourself in this game but it seems that's too much for some.

I remember once were a player complained that "Not this campy map!" I told him: "There are no campy maps, only campy players."

If we want a active game then we have to play it in a active way.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,090 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I got chat banned for helping other players.

Welcome in the club mate 🍻

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1