You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Strange rare bug/error/glitch: For the 2nd time this year I noticed that WoWs didn't generate the LOG file... Has anyone else ever noticed that?

7 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,976 battles

Hi all,

Strange rare bug/error/glitch: For the 2nd time this year I noticed that WoWs didn't generate the LOG file... Has anyone else ever noticed that?

I played some relaxing CoOp games late last night (4 games needed for "Daily Mission" = 40 minutes at the most :Smile_great:) and when I exited the WoWs I saw that there was no obligatory WoWs LOG file generated (i.e. as if I didn't play at all - there were just replay files). This also happened several months ago in similar fashion...

Please note that I am using most excellent OffLine "MxStat" program to "catch" all my WoWs statistics - and that program is using the WoWs LOG file:

https://wows.mv-smirnov.org/en/mxstat/

Leo "Apollo11"

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
12,758 battles

Are you referring to the entries in the LOG folder?

I've just checked mine and the last entry was from 2019/05/30 (Informer.log) and the last monitor file was from 2019/04/25.

I do use Aslains mod pack so I'm not sure if that interferes with the logging.

image.png.853688f1ab9075823bd601309e48d006.png

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,976 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Are you referring to the entries in the LOG folder?

I've just checked mine and the last entry was from 2019/05/30 (Informer.log) and the last monitor file was from 2019/04/25.

I do use Aslains mod pack so I'm not sure if that interferes with the logging.

image.png.853688f1ab9075823bd601309e48d006.png

I am referring to LOG files like this (for example this was created today for my current WoWs session):

"2019_08_24-01_08_26 2019_08_24-11_00_45.log"

Leo "Apollo11"

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
12,758 battles

What location is that file in?

I even checked appdata and I can't find anything similar to that.  Is there an option in the settings to generate the file?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,976 battles

Hi all,

2 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

What location is that file in?

I even checked appdata and I can't find anything similar to that.  Is there an option in the settings to generate the file?

In "Logs" folder... you should have it... strange...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I am referring to LOG files like this (for example this was created today for my current WoWs session):

"2019_08_24-01_08_26 2019_08_24-11_00_45.log"

Leo "Apollo11"

There are two 'Logs' folders, the one you are referencing is in the 'bin64' folder and deals with recent data, the other in the main directory I don't know what it does but the last entries in mine are for April.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,976 battles

Hi all,

OK... my fault for not explaining it better... :Smile_hiding:

The "MxStat" program:

does the following:

How to use:

Launch the application. It will look for game logs from "profile" folder. Detect logs periods and copy then with appropriate names into "logs" folder.

For some strange reason the WoWs simply didn't generate the "python.log" (in "Profiles" folder) that the "MxStat" would then copy and rename (in "Logs" folder)!

Leo "Apollo11"