You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanottiTR

Thank you wargaming

24 comments in this topic

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles

My sincere thanks to WG for the best and the most right thing they have ever done in this game during all these years  : The ability to be able to close the chat without third party programs .

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
713 posts
5 hours ago, DanottiTR said:

My sincere thanks to WG for the best and the most right thing they have ever done in this game during all these years  : The ability to be able to close the chat without third party programs .

and all it took was 4 years ... amazing ...

• Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
36 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

While at the same time, in World of Tanks, people can even still ping the map after they were killed.

That’s so stupid :Smile-angry:

Players
3,075 posts
19,516 battles
41 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

While at the same time, in World of Tanks, people can even still ping the map after they were killed.

Epic commentary on vid.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,517 posts
19,062 battles

I do not like this feature - at all. 

Yes, having someone occasionally spam ping the map or behave like a moron is annoying.

But that doesn't happen that often, and they usually die quickly, so the spam pinging ends there.

The loss of potentially valueable information is far worse, this 'feature' should've never made it into the game.  

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
713 posts

8 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The loss of potentially valueable information is far worse, this 'feature' should've never made it into the game.  

dude, you are in the wrong forum ...

[CAIN]
Players
4,517 posts
19,062 battles
1 minute ago, hellhound666 said:

dude, you are in the wrong forum ...

Uhm, wat? Could you pls Elaborate?

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yes, having someone occasionally spam ping the map or behave like a moron is annoying.

But that doesn't happen that often, and they usually die quickly, so the spam pinging ends there.

You can easily cominucate without writing but using pings and F buttons ... disabling chat does not disable them .It disables useless information and mostly abuses  ..it works as a filter in a way :D 

[SHAFT]
Players
10,273 posts
9,076 battles
36 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

This. Disabling the chat in a teamgame... :cap_fainting:

If someone annoys you: Blacklist him. The problem was, pinging couldnt be blocked. But apparantely you cant ping-spam anymore so that would have solved everything imo.

99% of the time im not bothered with people blowing a little bit steam off. I report them for misbehaviour in chat, hope they get chatbanned, maybe they learn something. For people that cross the line, blacklist and send screens to support. But snowflakes these days probably feel offended 99% of the time by everything :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,517 posts
19,062 battles
35 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

there is no valuable info exchanged in wows chat

I beg to differ. 

My experience is, that many players simply choose to ignore it, which leads to fail, defeat and reports. 

Those times however, when someone listens...

32 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

You can easily cominucate without writing but using pings and F buttons ... disabling chat does not disable them .It disables useless information and mostly abuses  ..it works as a filter in a way :D 

If you want to silence an abuser, Blacklist him. 

How do you communicate certain things with pings and F-keys? 

For instance, 'Worcester, don't push the smoke, ther's a BB in there!' or, 'DD go wide and torp them from the side while i tank their shells' or, 'whatever Cruiser is sitting in that smokescreen just got junked for 30k, Focus the smoke!'.

You get the Picture.

9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This. Disabling the chat in a teamgame... :cap_fainting:

If someone annoys you: Blacklist him. The problem was, pinging couldnt be blocked. But apparantely you cant ping-spam anymore so that would have solved everything imo.

99% of the time im not bothered with people blowing a little bit steam off. I report them for misbehaviour in chat, hope they get chatbanned, maybe they learn something. For people that cross the line, blacklist and send screens to support. But snowflakes these days probably feel offended 99% of the time by everything :Smile_hiding:

Pretty much this.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,911 posts
12,722 battles
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

there is no valuable info exchanged in wows chat

There can be - it just needs a couple of players on the team that know how to pass on information and others to listen to it.   The problem is that players ignore the suggestions to which caps to go for etc.

• Cool 2

Players
3,356 posts
3 hours ago, Europizza said:

Epic commentary on vid.

Claus Kellerman, along with Skillz4u2, two of the most funniest CC's for WoT's:Smile_teethhappy:

I tried the turn off chat thing and it appears they have goofed it up, now you cannot talk to your division mates, where as in WoT's, you turn it off and if you a 'tooned up,' You can still chat with your toon mates

Players
3,356 posts
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Have to disagree there, when your trying to concentrate and the chat is either flaming your way or rabbiting on about this that and the other, it is a good thing, but you should still be able to chat to Division members like WoT's.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
47 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Have to disagree there, when your trying to concentrate and the chat is either flaming your way or rabbiting on about this that and the other, it is a good thing, but you should still be able to chat to Division members like WoT's.

Mostly I use voice chat like Discord or TS. I almost don't play with "silent" divisions. But yeah that's me, I'm living alone so no problem to be quiet in the night. 

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,820 posts
18,369 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Mostly I use voice chat like Discord or TS. I almost don't play with "silent" divisions. But yeah that's me, I'm living alone so no problem to be quiet in the night. 

Opposite here; I don't live alone and yhe other(s) are bad sleeper(s); I do get on TS or Discord, but if I have to "say" something I type it (I'm a bad whisperer - tried it once and still woke up 2 of the 3 :cap_haloween:)

• Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Opposite here; I don't live alone and yhe other(s) are bad sleeper(s); I do get on TS or Discord, but if I have to "say" something I type it (I'm a bad whisperer - tried it once and still woke up 2 of the 3 :cap_haloween:)

I know that feeling. But since I moved out to my own flat - it's so freely. I know some freaks having some kind of acustic isolation on their room walls. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,428 posts
14,187 battles

I’ve found chat very useful over 4years of playing. It’s enabled team play on many games and contributed to many wins. I’ve just blacklisted the utter mongs who deserve and ignore the rest of the nonsense. Or tell them they are potato’s. Either way blocking it might just make you miss some valuable game info. Your choice your loss at the end of the day.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Everyone who does not respond to (normal) chat ill report for being afk.

But afk report doesn't work if the guy actually moved and did some damage. 

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
16 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I know that feeling. But since I moved out to my own flat - it's so freely. I know some freaks having some kind of acustic isolation on their room walls. 

Best thing i ever did was put a few blocks of that stuff around, no more echoing, and since ima audiophile well, win win in my book :Smile_bajan2:

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Blacklisting lot of morons still slows down the port UI though?

Yep. Cleaned up my contacts and blacklist (checked them and 80% of them stopped playing in fact :Smile_veryhappy:) so my port is much smoother with no glitches.