Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Can we get the new French captain for free?

84 comments in this topic

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

So the cost of this new commander is 2100 of the new tokens.

Directives can give you about 1500 I believe?

So are we forced to buy containers if we want the captain? Or is there another way to get tokens that I missed?

Cheers

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

Having Mogador and Le Terrible gives you 200 tokens each.

Not sure if you can get him really for free tho...

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts

They claim you can get 1610 through the directives.

If you get in the top 50% of the Hall of Fame then you'd get another 300. If you get in the top 25% of the Hall of Fame then you'd get another 300, which would bring you up to 2210.

Alternatively if you get Le Terrible via the random chance of a mission for her then you could do a mission to get 200 tokens. Then you'd "only" need to get in the top 50% for the 300 for 2110 in total.

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles
8 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Yeah, looks like it... 

:fish_palm:

Well, not suprising, mabe they'll make a future campaign or something to earn him. I hope anyway. :Smile_unsure:

[SINT]
Players
1,095 posts
23,279 battles

Bought 5 crates for 600 tokens to ease the farm and got Le Terrible mission as a bonus. Need 5k base xp to complete mission and then to play with her for the 200 bonus tokens. Having the ship opens up one extra mission a week too for 15 tokens. 

The French admiral is in the pocket:Smile_coin:

And 22 euro for Le Terrible is not a bad deal....although i am not a dd player at all fortune has granted me 3 tier  8 dd free premiums this year. Not complaining though could have been cv’s:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,956 posts
18,721 battles
25 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

The max is 3k+ tokens to earn without spending cash on containers. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-part-2/

Screenshot_20190823-020622~2.png

And how many of those tokens have a prerequisite? Like having a certain french T8 premium or lucky/expensive french T9 DD? Because for most people those tokens can already be deleted from the equation.

Edit: Also if I were going for all "free" tokens the game "forces" me to play CV. I already pity my team...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,982 battles
5 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

And how many of those tokens have a prerequisite? Like having a certain french T8 premium or lucky/expensive french T9 DD? Because for most people those tokens can already be deleted from the equation.

Edit: Also if I were going for all "free" tokens the game "forces" me to play CV. I already pity my team...

That's what was on the page. Idk. I have LeTerrible not the Mogador. CV ? Say least for me is no problem :cap_cool:

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
748 posts
13,587 battles
9 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

So in other words you need to buy some crates :Smile_smile:

Good, at least I will be not grinding like an idiot as I am not spending money on a captain.

Thank you WG, I was afraid I will do the event because I can, but as there is no meaningful for me rewards I can skip it all.

No sarcasm intended, I am a little burn out, so playing less will be healthy.

• Cool 7

Players
685 posts
5,858 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

The max is 3k+ tokens to earn without spending cash on containers. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-part-2/

Screenshot_20190823-020622~2.png

P sure this is the theoretical maximum which includes being in the top 1% on the leaderboard. Hardly achievable.

P sure I saw on Reddit that if you don't have mogador/terrible or a CV, you need to land top 10% in order to get him for free. If you have both, top 25% will cut it. Assuming you complete literally everything else of course.

Absolutely ridiculous and literally unachievable if you have even a part time job.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,982 battles
4 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Hardly achievable.

Not for me, it's top 5% BTW

5 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Absolutely ridiculous and literally unachievable if you have even a part time job.

I do have and was many times top 5%

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,081 posts
18,883 battles

Hi all,

10 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

So the cost of this new commander is 2100 of the new tokens.

Directives can give you about 1500 I believe?

So are we forced to buy containers if we want the captain? Or is there another way to get tokens that I missed?

Cheers

I am afraid that getting him 100% free is not possible...

From Reddit:

I did a quick math here to see how much I need to do to get this commander for free.

To keep it simple.

• 950 tokens are from the main directive prizes

• 540 are from 9 missions for each stage

• 60 are from one mission for CV in each stage

• 60 are from one mission for the Mogador/Le Terrible in each stage

• 300 are from each stage in the Hall of Fame, 50%, 25%, 10% and 5%

So, to do it without CV and Mogador/Le Terrible you need to rank up to Top 10% in the Hall of fame, plus do almost every other mission from the directives

If you do the CV mission, you can get it by reaching top 25%.

If you own the Terrible you can add 200 extra tokens from the special mission, the same applies to the Mogador.

Missing some of the Tokens? The price are 1250 dubs for 120.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 12

[BODEM]
Players
803 posts
7,268 battles

I saw the post on the front page about the french destroyer event, part 2, and I directly thought "ok, nothing for me in here. Wouldn't mind grinding a bit for the captain, but this is unreachable for me as a 50%. So, no thanks, WG. And thanks for letting me take it easy this patch.

Players
685 posts
5,858 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Not for me, it's top 5% BTW

I do have and was many times top 5%

Congratulations but you have 25,000 battles under your belt. You clearly play a shitload more than most. Arguably, you get into the top 5% because you play more than 95% of participants.

I mean, that's all well and good since that is what you want to spend your time doing and clearly enjoy it. But getting into the top 5% is not a reasonable baseline requirement for getting a captain.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,982 battles
40 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Congratulations but you have 25,000 battles under your belt. You clearly play a shitload more than most. Arguably, you get into the top 5% because you play more than 95% of participants.

I mean, that's all well and good since that is what you want to spend your time doing and clearly enjoy it. But getting into the top 5% is not a reasonable baseline requirement for getting a captain.

Yeah cause I don't have a wife/kids/girlfriend/friends/family/a dog. 

I go to my job, go back on late afternoon (17:00), rest and eat something, on 19:00 I play the game for 3-4 hours, get some shower, sleep... On weekends I play way more. 

I know some guy that has more than 38k games (randoms, coops, ranked and CB) . Idk how he can manage cause what I'm playing is near the maximum to function normally. And I'm playing almost 4 years.

• Cool 3

Players
685 posts
5,858 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah cause I don't have a wife/kids/girlfriend/friends/family/a dog. 

I go to my job, go back on late afternoon (17:00), rest and eat something, on 19:00 I play the game for 3-4 hours, get some shower, sleep... On weekends I play way more. 

I know some guy that has more than 38k games (randoms, coops, ranked and CB) . Idk how he can manage cause what I'm playing is near the maximum to function normally. And I'm playing almost 4 years.

Guy I'm not giving you sass or saying you don't have a family or a job. Play as much as you want. Getting into that top 5% bracket requires playing a lot though, what I am saying is that using that minute percentage as a benchmark for getting the captain for free is ludicrous.

• Cool 7

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,982 battles
4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I am afraid that getting him 100% free is not possible...

From Reddit:

Leo "Apollo11"

I agree with that. But they do it just for the money. 

Players
3,161 posts
22,803 battles

You don't get anything in this game for free.

You pay for everything, even if it is "just" your time on Wargaming's servers, which is actually the most valuable thing you have to give, and absolutely crucial to their business model.

• Cool 4

[CHUCK]
Players
46 posts
12,265 battles
15 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

..Or is there another way to get tokens that I missed?..

You could start creating content and apply for the CC program :Smile-_tongue:

The CCs get nearly everything shoved into their ... er mouth from WG. From Benham, special cammos, free Doublons to lots of Premium crates with enough tokens to get the new fancy French captain.
Sadly not the Colbert. I was horrified to hear, that Flamu had to play play 1h to get the Colbert.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,890 posts
15,440 battles
2 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Getting into that top 5% bracket requires playing a lot though, what I am saying is that using that minute percentage as a benchmark for getting the captain for free is ludicrous.

This.

If you have a 'top x%' requirement it's doubly pernicious: regardless of how much everyone plays, only that x% can possibly earn the reward by definition. 'Achieve y' where y is a definite and fixed goal is much fairer, as everyone (who is prepared to put in the effort) can earn the reward.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

With how many skill points does this captain come? 15 like Yamamoto and Halsey? 

Beta Tester
71 posts
5,073 battles

It is all summer that we are offering missions that are not so easy and rather "farming" to receive a handful of things. As if the players spent all their time on their game instead of living their own life or going on vacation. What angers me most is the very tight time frame. Every week you have to do tot things to complete within a month. I would have appreciated only one campaign this summer for the various "prizes" with much more human and dilated times. Instead you either play this game as if it were a job, or you can forget about the various rewards. From this point of view they have somewhat ruined this summer.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this