Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
XPODriver

Need Advice

11 comments in this topic

[IND]
Players
3 posts
4,069 battles

Need some advice please...

I am SICK TO DEATH of taking a DD into battle, with nice camo, flags, signals etc, and when taking my first hit I am immediately incapacitated either in rudder or engine.

And I do mean EVERY battle.

Is it me?.....or does anyone else have a similar issue.

First battle today....bow on.......in exchange with another DD who I caught broadside....I hit him and caused very little damage, he responded and took out my rudder despite being bow on.

Recovered in smoke screen and went back into the fight.......EXACTLY the same with the same result.........limped away and was taken out by torps from a CA because I had no engine power..................hmmmm....

Suggestions?, advice?...

Cheers

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
919 posts
4,003 battles
1 minute ago, XPODriver said:

Suggestions?, advice?... 

One thing is play style for sure, if this happens every game. The other question would be if you correctly set up your captain to counter these specific problems.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles

Im going to assume youre not using the last stand skill on your captain. Its mandatory on DDs.

• Cool 4

Players
3,901 posts
21,075 battles

If you haven't already you should really invest in modules and skills that help prevent this stuff, it's a common DD feature. Also, don't repair broken modules unless they are vital to your current situation.

• Cool 1

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

1. "Last Stand" skill(mandatory on nearly all DDs)

2. Propulsion Modification 1

Engine and rudder have no armor protection in DDs, so nearly all HE in the game will take them out hitting in its vicinity.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,889 posts
15,435 battles
16 minutes ago, XPODriver said:

Suggestions?, advice?...

Make sure your first ten points on your captain looks like this (or close):

image.png.4445862a2ad487be915af35b4e3e764a.png

1) PT tells you how many people have main guns pointed at you, which is very helpful to know (some take PM instead, but these days I tend to think info trumps damage resistance in this case).

2) LS is completely essential, as you've discovered - this'll save your donkey all kinds of often.

3) SE gives you extra hp per level; again, this will probably save you quite frequently.

4) CE is obvious on almost all DDs (exceptions might include some gunboats where you rarely remove your extremities from the fire button).

There are some variants on this, but you'll struggle to go too far wrong with this set-up.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,863 posts
6,468 battles
50 minutes ago, XPODriver said:

Suggestions?, advice?...

Last stand, sounds like you forgot to take it.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,977 battles

Also - post some replays so you may get some feedback on how you're doing in-game.

Sign in to follow this