Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Grind grind grindiggedy grind: French DDs Pt 1 continued

18 comments in this topic

Players
2,109 posts
14,542 battles

OK so apparently you can still do the Marine National combat missions, which give 250 Republic tokens each, until Monday. Only you no longer have to wait for greedy rare ship drops from lootboxes but you can just grind the necessary French DDs from the tech tree. Never mind that the latest AA change drove the CVs in hordes onto the server, which are the hard counter for smokeless French DDs. (I don't even think the WG types didn't think that through. I think they are just sadists. Either that, or this is their way of getting back at us for pointing out all their fails. But never mind.)

Aaaanyway. The economics of the thing.

Luckily, I got a Jaguar from a greedy rare lootbox drop at what I laughingly considered the last minute back then, so I only need some 18K XP on that thing. Then it's 64K for the Guepard and 110K for the Le Fantasque, some 192K XP in total. Plus 38K for the essential Hull modules, which means I can't currently just Free-XP all the way through these ships after recently splurging the reserves on an Alaska, because hey, you never know for what you might need one, right?

Right.

So we need to grind 230K XP for the ships alone in these four days.

Realistically, there is no chance to maintain my 80% Jaguar win rate, and even with premium camos of some sort, the average XP should drop off somewhat from the 3.5 K on that ship. So let's say 3K on average, for 77 battles total, 13 hours of my life that I'm never getting back, while at the same time blowing through 77 premium camos. And, let's not forget, 600K silver plus 112K Elite Commander XP for three transfers of the 14-pt commander.

These are the expenses.

Now for the returns:

3x250 +220 =970 Republic tokens, for roughly 11.5 million credits (which I'm focusing on because of the - probably - upcoming Tier X ship Supercontainer drop for the WoWs Anniversary in September) plus maybe 80k average from the earnings, for another 6 million. Or 138 French Riviera camos, the look of which I like.

OTOH I know I can average at least 300k credits per game in Asashio, which doesn't need premium camos to do it either.

So at least 40% more revenue if I only played Asashio for four days straight.

Going out for a walk now.

[JRM]
Players
2,454 posts
17,432 battles

So the 250 token missions are up till monday? Interesting...

Players
3,236 posts
14,883 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

When you play to grind and not for fun, you are doing it wrong.

@OP

I have to agree with the Colonel on this one. There is no point doing something unpleasant unoless you are some sort of masochist.

You have to take whatever pleasure you can from the game in the way that suites YOU and ignore the usual traps such as FOMO and the "Sunken Cost" fallacy.

Best wishes fellow captain! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
542 posts
1,973 battles

So what I'm understanding is that the missions are still available for those who got the ships out of the boxes last patch but didn't quite manage to finish the missions and still want to (nice for them), but grinding the tech tree ships in order to complete missions before they run out probably isn't worth it and certainly isn't possible for someone without unbelievable amounts of free time (so don't bother trying). Is that about the size of it? What's the big deal here?

[JRM]
Players
2,454 posts
17,432 battles

Well you could freexp them BUT the question is the few hundred tokens worth it?

[WTFNO]
Players
392 posts
6,933 battles
43 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well you could freexp them BUT the question is the few hundred tokens worth it?

Somehow it's a way to 'buy' some coal and doubloons with FXP. At least that's why I'm currently doing it.

I don't think many ppl will do that however.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,315 posts
8,820 battles

I gave up on grinding some time ago ...

TBH I am also ignoring missions / dailies / events ....

[-LA-]
Players
213 posts
2,011 battles

yep i ground up to vauq today got enough tokens to get the firsst 3 bundles just no way to make it up to 4th so stopped there

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
18,972 posts
12,100 battles
2 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

And of course he once again missed the point completely, just because he could.

I am not psychic. When you say A and mean B (whatever that is), how should I know?

Players
1,956 posts
9,684 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

TBH I am also ignoring missions / dailies / events ....

Well, in amongst all this other stuff there are ten new French ships to play, so even if you've ignored all the events, missions, early access blah blah blah there's still something new to do. 

( I have lost track of the French event missions, tbh - but I have new DDs to play, and Narai has come round on the Scenario rotation so I've got an Algerie, Minsk and Lyon to grind,  Charlie Martel, Kiev and Richlieu to unlock, and very probably a Jean Bart to get from the Armoury at the same time. And that, I think, is plenty to do. )

[SCRUB]
Players
3,315 posts
8,820 battles
7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, in amongst all this other stuff there are ten new French ships to play, so even if you've ignored all the events, missions, early access blah blah blah there's still something new to do. 

( I have lost track of the French event missions, tbh - but I have new DDs to play, and Narai has come round on the Scenario rotation so I've got an Algerie, Minsk and Lyon to grind,  Charlie Martel, Kiev and Richlieu to unlock, and very probably a Jean Bart to get from the Armoury at the same time. And that, I think, is plenty to do. )

The thing is ... I got like 50 ships in port (I am not a collector, meaning I never keep ships I dont like),  13 of those are T10 (that I rarely play) with a lot of premiums.... and no time/will to play them.

Ever since the CV rework I lost interest in the game. I still love the game, watching vids, streams .... reading .... its just I dont find pleasure in playing as much as I did.

Mostly I just grind Narai in full divs, because I want all T10 ships to have 19pts captains ....  + its a safe way to spend all those special flags and camo I was accumulating this last 4 years :)

Btw you dont have to wait for Narai to cycle .... add me ingame and I can show you where the Narai heavy grinders hide ;)

Beta Tester
414 posts
9,705 battles
17 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

So we need to grind 230K XP for the ships alone in these four days.

Incorrect. You do not "need" to do anything in this game. You are not even forced to log in. You "can" if you wish so.

For that exact reason I have 500k+ free XP, 500k+ captain XP and 150k+ coal. If I want to do something I can help myself out, without stress.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
681 posts
13,513 battles

If, by playing the game "normaly", i get to unlock special captain, than fine. If not, who cares, i'll get the next one, or the one after that. I don't feel entitled to own every single special captain or prem. ship or whatever.

Sign in to follow this