You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

I just reset my first tech tree, and plan to reset them all.

136 comments in this topic

Players
3,106 posts
19,522 battles

For anyone interested in resetting:

I've been pondering about the game and it's current state, which is borderline bored with everything but the core gameplay, and decided to reset as many tech trees as I can. I am just curious if a reset can breath new life into the game for me. I don't like ranked, am in an inactive clan and can't be arsed to grind much these days. So I thought to myself, what the heck, it can't get any worse then this. I also have plenty of premium ships, and think of this as setting up a second account but with benefits as I'm loaded with credits, freeXP and over 200 days of premium time.

So, I just reset the first line, the IJN cruisers. I love the ship line, but hardly play the Zao, so I won't miss her. Looking forward to the mid tier games.

I've decided not to freeXP my way through any ship in this line. That might not be the case with other lines (IJN BB's I'm looking at you).

Short version; I'm having a great time actually :fish_haloween:

EDIT: Just to be clear, for me, this is not about grinding my way towards the Colbert or Ohio. Also I just reset the IJN CV and both IJN DD lines too.

Did you reset yet? What do you think about resetting all your trees to start the game fresh?

My IJN reset so far

Spoiler

shot-19_08.24_11_41.55-0158.thumb.jpg.1e6d8db5cacae5ae630f2ec48213172a.jpg

EDIT - I'll keep progress and fun-o-meter updated here

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cruiser line

Hashidate was fun - 1 match to progress (won)

Chikuma was hilarious - 1 match to progress (won)

Tenryu was MEHBOTE - 5 matches to progress (4 lost)

Kuma SEXBOTE - 3 matches to progress (1 lost, played 1 extra for funzies)

Furutaka - A beast when upgraded (4 wins no losses, progressed)

Aoba was not all bad - 15 matches to progress (too many tier VIII heavy matches)

Myoko - awesome, it takes longer to get to the next tier but that's actually great, as I like this ship

Mogami - totallly worth the reset - i forgot how awesome she is

CV line

Hosho - evil, sealclubbing 3.0

DD line

Wakatake - done

Isokaze- Great fun, but a bit of a clubber to be honest

DD torpbote line

Minekaze - nice, but just ok-ish, very team dependent

Fubuki - in progress

DD gunbote line

Mutsuki - awesome fun!

Hatsuharu - in progress

• Cool 9
  • Bad 2

6,234 posts
10,694 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

Did you reset yet? What do you think about resetting all hyour trees to start the game fresh?

Will do tonight. Probably 4 lines (only have 9 TX's so far and for some lines I'm not keen on regrinding .... yet).

But yeah, looking forward to 19pt captains on T III ships :cap_win:

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,751 posts

If I decide to go through with the reset it will most likely be one line a season that gives the double points and I am certain I can finish

• Cool 4

Players
5,057 posts

If you are smart about this you will only reset one branch per season to maximize the benefit of the double bonus system. I know it will take a while with each season being 3 months long if you intend to reset a lot of them.

Players
2,395 posts
20,822 battles

Pro Tip:

If you're swimming in millions of Free XP and plan to just Free-XP all the way to the Colbert anyway, you can just reset five times in a row without buying the ships, and then you get the quintuple bonus for just one single win with each ship.

As just demonstrated on the Flamu stream.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[JRM]
Players
6,751 posts

Well first I intended to reset ferench cruisers but I remembered the dds are now branching off and I wouldnt want a hicckup to happen so I will likely reset the IJN cruisers instead, they are rather enjoyable those and french dds should keep me busy untill the RM cruisers arrive

Players
5,057 posts
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Pro Tip:

If you're swimming in millions of Free XP and plan to just Free-XP all the way to the Colbert anyway, you can just reset five times in a row without buying the ships, and then you get the quintuple bonus for just one single win with each ship.

As just demonstrated on the Flamu stream.

Can you elaborate on that?

Players
2,395 posts
20,822 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

It says

Zitat

You must have researched a Tier X ship in the branch you intend to reset. However, the actual ships of this branch do not have to be purchased and in your Port.

So what you do is, you click reset and the branch is completely rolled back all the way to Tier I.

Now, to get the Research Points, you need one win on each ship of the line.

But if you have a few tens of millions of Free XP lying around burning a hole in your account, you just Free-XP all the ships of the line, but you don't buy them. Instead, you immediately hit reset again.

This time around, you would get twice the number of Research Points for one win.

If you were to buy them already and start playing.

But what you do instead is, you repeat this another four times so you get five times the number of Research Points for that one win with each ship of the line.

Only then you re-buy the ships, play until you get one win in each of them, and presto! You now have enough Research points for your brand spanking new Colbert.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Knock yourself out.

It is highly improbable that I will rebuy 4+ lines to get one ship.

Your time, your choice. I will cause why not? You also have most of T10s, it’s just a matter of time and free exp. 

Players
5,057 posts
9 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

It says

So what you do is, you click reset and the branch is completely rolled back all the way to Tier I.

Now, to get the Research Points, you need one win on each ship of the line.

But if you have a few tens of millions of Free XP lying around burning a hole in your account, you just Free-XP all the ships of the line, but you don't buy them. Instead, you immediately hit reset again.

This time around, you would get twice the number of Research Points for one win.

If you were to buy them already and start playing.

But what you do instead is, you repeat this another four times so you get five times the number of Research Points for that one win with each ship of the line.

Only then you re-buy the ships, play until you get one win in each of them, and presto! You now have enough Research points for your brand spanking new Colbert.

Hmm.. thanks. Okay, I didn't spot anything related to it multiplying the research points. Only that you get the initial 10 000 research points and then like 10 000 research points by winning once on the tiers 6-10 ships for which you would have to buy those ships. In any case, I have a very limited stock of free XP to use so it's not an option for me. Another thing that worries me is the staggering credit loss that would come from this. Those credits would have to be replaced, so I suspect WG will be trying to sell doubloon/credit packages or boosters later on....

Players
2,305 posts

So if you reset the line and every ship is sold, all modules go to inventory...

What about the people who paid for the elite Camo do they get their Doubloons back and what about all the xp used to research the line?

Think I am happy to stick with what I have got, what I have paid real coin for in the past...

Notice too that Poland is now gone... it is replaced with Europe? If this is the case why are France, Germany, Italy still named independently...?

Players
5,057 posts
16 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

So if you reset the line and every ship is sold, all modules go to inventory...

What about the people who paid for the elite Camo do they get their Doubloons back and what about all the xp used to research the line?

Think I am happy to stick with what I have got, what I have paid real coin for in the past...

Notice too that Poland is now gone... it is replaced with Europe? If this is the case why are France, Germany, Italy still named independently...?

Modules don't go into inventory they get sold at half price. You are thinking of upgrades. I think camos get dismounted and go to inventory too.

Right. Poland is all Europe now.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,398 posts
14,560 battles
19 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Why? You do not sell the camo. She is still there.

The XP for research are used up after research. Where should they go?

If you got them back, research would be just a few clicks and the reset would be even more pointless.

• Cool 1

6,234 posts
10,694 battles
48 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Look here:

Basically:

- Reset a line for the first time

- Now you're elligible for the set amount of research points after each first win T6 and above

- Skip the grind with FXP without playing ANY of the ships

- Reset the line again (now for the second time)

- Now you're elligible for TWO times the set amount of research points after each first win T6 and above

- Repeat until FXP is empty or you're happy with the number of multipliers you get for your research points.

• Cool 2

Players
2,395 posts
20,822 battles
Vor 32 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

Another thing that worries me is the staggering credit loss that would come from this.

No no no, to the contrary, it saves a bunch of credits since you don't have to buy the ships five times over.

What people don't get is that this research thing is not for normal 15K battles potatoes but for the whales that just have all kinds of resources coming out of every orifice in thick, gloopy streams.

• Cool 7

Players
2,305 posts
10 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Modules don't go into inventory they get sold at half price. You are thinking of upgrades. I think camos get dismounted and go to inventory too.

Right. Poland is all Europe now.

7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Why? You do not sell the camo. She is still there.

The XP for research are used up after research. Where should they go?

If you got them back, research would be just a few clicks and the reset would be even more pointless.

Forgive me guys... 2 hours sleep... brain still not fully functional..

Need a pint of coffee....

Coffee.jpg.e78f07fbddf7ff0a9c54c3a7940ff0ce.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
2 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

No no no, to the contrary, it saves a bunch of credits since you don't have to buy the ships five times over.

What people don't get is that this research thing is not for normal 15K battles potatoes but for the whales that just have all kinds of resources coming out of every orifice in thick, gloopy streams.

Yep, for those who have 2.5 mln + free exp and 300mln+ credits. Premium account running all time and bunch of signals.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
8 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Look here:

Basically:

- Reset a line for the first time

- Now you're elligible for the set amount of research points after each first win T6 and above

- Skip the grind with FXP without playing ANY of the ships

- Reset the line again (now for the second time)

- Now you're elligible for TWO times the set amount of research points after each first win T6 and above

- Repeat until FXP is empty or you're happy with the number of multipliers you get for your research points.

So how much free exp it takes to get the Colbert?

6,234 posts
10,694 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

So how much free exp it takes to get the Colbert?

Iirc something about ...3.5 to 3.7 million FXP

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,299 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Well first I intended to reset ferench cruisers but I remembered the dds are now branching off and I wouldnt want a hicckup to happen so I will likely reset the IJN cruisers instead, they are rather enjoyable those and french dds should keep me busy untill the RM cruisers arrive

French DD's branch of at tier 2 so thats really not an issue. buy the tier 1 CA. play unlock  En. Gabolde in one or 2 games buy her then reset the French CA line even if teh DD's branch of from the tier II Cruiser its only a few more matches

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,299 battles
9 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Iirc something about ...3.5 to 3.7 million FXP

5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

@GarrusBrutus did it in 2.7 mln free exp

MMM could do that today.. but seems a waist of free XP. Prefer to use it to unlock all modules. play the ships with XP camo after fully upgraded and save the free XP for futer free XP ships

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,088 posts
22,100 battles

Well, as for me good Sir @Europizza. I would not mind to reset any line, if there was something to be gained from it. BUT the problem is I do not want Colbert or Ohio or some such premium ships in the first place (it goes against my principle of sticking only to historical and WW2 era ships). I am quite content to play the game with my Mogami, as always. So question is, what would be the benefit for me to motivate such a move? Would I get extra Commanders XP per game? Would the re be a special flag issued for each of my re-ground IJN Cruisers (for example)? Would there be extra Coal? Special perma-camo for every ship (even the low tier ones)? Anything?:cap_hmm:

I am still not sure it would be anything but a bit of pointless extra hassle in my case, since I will play my low tier ships from time-to-time anyways. But lessee how this develops I guess.:cap_tea:

• Cool 2