You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Calm down dear, It's only a U boat......

43 comments in this topic

Players
3,375 posts

Ok so they are coming for you and I and we must quake in our boots, yes, the subs have been announced......soon.

But did I hear right there is a separate game mode for them, so currently in randoms, I can stil sail happily i any given ship without fear of getting a a cheeky one up the chuff from some unseen blighter?

Alas, the real question is, how will you play yours? Lets talk sub tactics, so when they finally do come in, we are forearmed with spectacular knowledge:Smile_teethhappy:

What next I wonder form the devs, introduction of MTB's?

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles
8 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

e-bike hype

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
229 posts
9,579 battles
13 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Alas, the real question is, how will you play yours? Lets talk sub tactics, so when they finally do come in, we are forearmed with spectacular knowledge:Smile_teethhappy:

sneaky :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I feel WG bite more than can chew with this one;

The design of subs on this game .... ANYONE who played Silent Hunter series, and more, Wolfpack, the new UBOAt (available on steam...) and especially "Cold Waters" ( see here :    ...)

will understand what I mean.

Adding subs in this game will just increase the "arcadish" side,  downgrade the game overall, and , I feel, make this game even more childish than is right now.

Sure, will be a lot of fun to play in a Android device, for a 8-10 years old kid, but for old dudes, like me, will have the opposite effect.

Lest be realist,  subs games are games of patience, deep analytics and strategy,  and by no means are fun to play in a 20  min arcadish  rush...

But is just my opinion.

I do hope will not be mixed with the main game....

• Cool 6

Weekend Tester
859 posts

Hate to tell you this mate but it is an arcade game, no where near a sim, so you'll just have to get used to it...Yes they are coming to randoms as well, but first their being put in a seperated game for now, like what they should have done to carriers.....But make no mistake they are coming to randoms, so suck it up.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
2 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

Hate to tell you this mate but it is an arcade game, no where near a sim, so you'll just have to get used to it...

Did you play Silent Hunter ?.... The subs design and projected implementation here is so childish..

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,806 posts
23 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

Thats true you don't have to play them, but be assured others will.

Well you can play them against bots after everybody either swiched to subs or left the game, how about that?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,093 posts
20,338 battles
2 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Owww if WG brought out a  MTB game mode for WOW that would be great.. just not with the other ships..... in Warthunder its ruined by the  DD/CA.. Topredo boats just stand no chance

• Cool 1

Players
3,375 posts
5 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Hate to tell you this mate but it is an arcade game, no where near a sim, so you'll just have to get used to it...Yes they are coming to randoms as well, but first their being put in a seperated game for now, like what they should have done to carriers.....But make no mistake they are coming to randoms, so suck it up.

Was that aimed at me?

So back on topic, what will the best sub tactics be?

Players
174 posts
Vor 5 Stunden, DreadArchangel sagte:

Separated game mode will be [edited]. People who chose it will want to play subs, not getting sunken by a sub while playing BB/CA. So no real balancing possibilities - like with the CVs. Will be badly implemented without balance for months (or even years) - just like with CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
147 posts
22,306 battles
2 minutes ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

So no real balancing possibilities - like with the CVs

Well, I can see Max 4 torps bow and, given WG mo on nerfing, 2.5k per torp, 45knots, and 3min reload. Plus the DDs will become every CA & BB best friend with hydro & depth charges.. Not to mention the endless map spamming on the likely Sub location 😂

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,179 posts
8,135 battles
10 minutes ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

Separated game mode will be [edited]. People who chose it will want to play subs, not getting sunken by a sub while playing BB/CA. So no real balancing possibilities - like with the CVs. Will be badly implemented without balance for months (or even years) - just like with CVs.

This was indeed the same with CV on test server.

When you took a CV to play, the reds had a player-CV but all ships were bots. 

And if you took a non-CV, then you didn't get a CV but you got ALL bots. 

• Cool 1

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,367 battles

If you ask me what the next big thing will be is  "hard mode" for randoms for the players that have been here for years. Like the game that we will not name but it begins with a "W" and it ends with a "arthunder".

You could do multiple things:

- no guide for torps

- moving + shooting  = less accurate shots

- no guids bombs/torps/rockets for planes

- hitting an  island/friendly ship does real damage

• Funny 2

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
7 minutes ago, CallmeMessi said:

Plus the DDs will become every CA & BB best friend with hydro & depth charges.. Not to mention the endless map spamming on the likely Sub location 😂

Hydro doesn't detect subs as of now. And relying on teammates, in randoms... Is questionable at best.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,822 posts
18,475 battles
24 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

If you ask me what the next big thing will be is  "hard mode" for randoms for the players that have been here for years. Like the game that we will not name but it begins with a "W" and it ends with a "arthunder".

You could do multiple things:

- no guide for torps

- moving + shooting  = less accurate shots

- no guids bombs/torps/rockets for planes

- hitting an  island/friendly ship does real damage

Still waiting for "hard mode" in Ops :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[VH]
Players
172 posts
16,075 battles

if i want a sub game ill go play silent hunter 5 as its awesome in its own right

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,367 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Still waiting for "hard mode" in Ops :cap_old:

Ev1n did say something about that in Gamescom stream (I think).

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles
4 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Owww if WG brought out a  MTB game mode for WOW that would be great.. just not with the other ships..... in Warthunder its ruined by the  DD/CA.. Topredo boats just stand no chance

Maybe there actually is something to be said for separate game modes for different ships – and restricting some ships to only one or two – as a permay feature. E.g. 'fleet engagement' as copy-paste of current random battles set-up, 'convoy defence/attack' or whatever involving subs and maybe surface raiders on the attacking team, a separate mode for smaller vessels like MTBs, gunboats, sloops, Corvettes and frigates, so that's at least 3 new in-game classes straight off the bat. A WG employee should feel free to DM me for details of the bank account they can pay the royalties into :Smile-_tongue:

Ofc one would need to set rewards so that it's worth people's time to play e.g. surface vessels in modes which include subs.

Yes I know, not going to happen because fragmenting the playerbase etc. I also know someone is going to say 'no CV mode please' but as drastically as I think WG have screwed up the implementation of carriers, I do also think that AA is such a big part of ships' functionality and already such a widely used balancing factor, they should stay in said 'fleet engagments'.

Just aimless musings more than 'I demand WG do this right now', for the sake of clarity.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,954 posts
20,698 battles
10 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Thats true you don't have to play them, but be assured others will.

Yeah, I bet potatoes will jump on them the instant they are released...

And after a month or six and some nerf/buff/nerf/buff/nerf tango, most of them will sit in their BBs again... ^^

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2