YabbaCoe

Improvement of the Matchmaker

37 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,204 posts
4,153 battles

Captains! :cap_viking:

It's the time for a talk about Matchmaker!

We’re introducing strict limitations on the tiers of battles that you can be sent to. For each player, the matchmaker will take into account the number of battles they have played with ships of the same tier as theirs, as well as the number of ships one or two tiers higher.

After a short calibration period that will last up to 20 battles for each battle type and ship tier, the matchmaker will ensure that the percentage of battles with ships of the specified tier does not exceed the set limits. For example, for Tier VIII ships, the limits are expected to be 40% of battles with ships two tiers higher. This means that out of 20 battles you play with Tier VIII ships, a maximum of eight battles will include Tier X ships.

Another advantage of this change is that series of battles will be reliably interrupted, because the matchmaker will analyze the last 20 battles each time. This means that when calibration is done, long series of battles with ships of higher tiers will not occur when repeatedly using a single ship tier.

What is your feedback for those changes?

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,193 posts
6,047 battles

Would be nice if we could set preferences. Being top tier in the lower tiers is somewhat boring for me.

I love being bottom tier in my tier 8s.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TWS]
Players
461 posts
3,878 battles

It's not taking T8's into TX that hurts.... it's that everything else is a TX and I'm the only T8, unless some unlucky Edinburgh has turned up to go AFK.

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
300 posts
5,669 battles

This will be interesting to see how it pans out and what kind of MM problems will ensue as there will be always problems.

[HBS]
[HBS]
Players
13 posts
8,119 battles

how does it effect divisions?

we did a lot of T8 games lately, and actually i did found the MM better.not only less TX games, but only a few real sh*tty ones (all TXs, 2-3 T8s), and hade some T8s with 1-4 T9 and TX in it. that one is actually okay, i don't mind that.

dunno if it's working as intended or i was just lucky :)

Players
312 posts
912 battles

I was happy when I heard about MM changes.

Unfortunately, my Lexington still see T10s in almost every battle. The good change is that I don't had yet battle 3 T8s vs horde T10s which was very often case before.

By the way - consider giving CVs a +1 MM, because currently they are no match to +2 ships (especially after the AA changes) and they massacre totally helpless -2 ships. T8 CVs should not see Tier 6 neither Tier 10.

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
2 minutes ago, powerverde said:

When will the new MM be implemented? Because so far it ain't working...

I suggest to take notes.

• Cool 1

[SICA]
Players
218 posts
25,730 battles

Yeah... you WG guys added a little fix for Tier 8 ships when it comes to Tier X battles, and broken another thing: DD balance. Typical Wargaming work. Do you know what use I say about WoW's? With every patch come new bugs.
The introduction of the French destroyers brought another problem in this game -  the enemy team had 2 or 3 French DD's, my team had NONE of these, just regular DD's. Well, this sucks hard, since many times DD guys in gunboats team up and tear to pieces weaker DD's that try to cap. 2 french DD's working together+ bigger HP+superior guns+reload guns booster+torps = win.  3 French DD's working together = horror. This is something you need to balance. 

In the end, the matchmaker was not improved too much. You know that bitter feeling when you realize that things are given to you with one hand but they are taken with another? It describes the World Of Warships perfectly

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
29 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

Yeah... you WG guys added a little fix for Tier 8 ships when it comes to Tier X battles, and broken another thing: DD balance. Typical Wargaming work. Do you know what use I say about WoW's? With every patch come new bugs.
The introduction of the French destroyers brought another problem in this game -  the enemy team had 2 or 3 French DD's, my team had NONE of these, just regular DD's. Well, this sucks hard, since many times DD guys in gunboats team up and tear to pieces weaker DD's that try to cap. 2 french DD's working together+ bigger HP+superior guns+reload guns booster+torps = win.  3 French DD's working together = horror. This is something you need to balance. 

• French DD are easy to spot
  • The rest of the map was yours, there is nothing worse than your 3 DD going one place
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[LUSOS]
Players
255 posts
16,153 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I suggest to take notes.

8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • The rest of the map was yours, there is nothing worse than your 3 DD going one place

Did anyone ask you to be the designated smartass?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
6 minutes ago, powerverde said:

Did anyone ask you to be the designated smartass?

I am just trying to help as people complain, but do not look for solutions.

But feel free to complain further, your problems will magically go away some day :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[LUSOS]
Players
255 posts
16,153 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

I am just trying to help as people complain, but do not look for solutions.

But feel free to complain further, your problems will magically go away some day :Smile_great:

Ok smartass, i did take notes:

my last 20 battles, I was top tier ONCE, middle tier 3 times, bottom tier 16 times.
Im not counting the ranked battles because, obviously, its a same tier match.

So go on, help me.

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
17 minutes ago, powerverde said:

Ok smartass, i did take notes:

my last 20 battles, I was top tier ONCE, middle tier 3 times, bottom tier 16 times.
Im not counting the ranked battles because, obviously, its a same tier match.

So go on, help me.

How many times where you in Tier X battles with an Tier VIII ship?

• Cool 1

[SICA]
Players
218 posts
25,730 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Oh, ColonelPete again. The one who has more post than battles (pro WG and mostly against players complaining about something in the game's forum) and also the same ColonelPete, who just "randomly" received a fat prize from Twitch WoW's (it was a ship, Scharnhorst, am I remembering well?). Btw, I don't believe in coincidences, if you know what I mean...
First point. Being easy to spot can be overcome by Concealment Expert+Concealment System Modification 1+Regular Speed+Speed Booster (which in French DD's is something). Ok, the french DD pushes, reaches the camo limit of a... let's say Yugumo, some 5,4 km, if I remember well. Then we speak about guns damage&penetration, rate of fire, guns reload booster+torps. In close combat a regular DD has very few chances to survive when encounters 2 such French DD's, even if is using smoke to hide or run. I've seen too many times gunboats shooting "blindly"  in smoke and destroying whatever was there, so I cannot ignore the fact (I put commas because the shooter can see if the shells hit the water or impact/explode on something else, it's about skills). Then the gunboats (in this case a branch without smoke capabilities) hide in the freshly killed DD's smoke, capping. Job done. 

So... your argument is invalid. 

Second one - "The rest of the map was yours, there is nothing worse than your 3 DD going one place". Really, now...

They weren't and they didn't had to be in the same place, that's the point.
If you would have more battles than posts, you would notice that in many cases the Domination Mode has the bases close one to another. Should I remind you that from tier 6, French DD's have some 12,8-13 km guns range, and that tier 9 has access to  Artillery Plotting Room Modification? Everyone have seen a lot of Mogadors lately. Right?  However, they don't need it. Choosing a good position and having Main Battery Modification 3 + Adrenaline Rush does the job perfectly. Crossfire? Is this a word familiar to you? 

Epicenter  Mode is even worse in these conditions (let's say Trident, with it's many small islands, giving the opportunity for crossfire).

I remember someone said to you some time ago that he wanted you to disappear. Guess what, I want exactly the same thing, and there are many more players who feel the same. Your posts are unwelcome by many, and once again, I state that you are paid by the WG for these (now we have circumstantial evidence). The last Twitch stunt proves that. So... could you?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
3 hours ago, thunder3oo said:

Oh, ColonelPete again. The one who has more post than battles (pro WG and mostly against players complaining about something in the game's forum) and also the same ColonelPete, who just "randomly" received a fat prize from Twitch WoW's (it was a ship, Scharnhorst, am I remembering well?). Btw, I don't believe in coincidences, if you know what I mean...

Useless, made up personal attacks of someone lacking arguments.

First point. Being easy to spot can be overcome by Concealment Expert+Concealment System Modification 1+Regular Speed+Speed Booster (which in French DD's is something). Ok, the french DD pushes, reaches the camo limit of a... let's say Yugumo, some 5,4 km, if I remember well. Then we speak about guns damage&penetration, rate of fire, guns reload booster+torps. In close combat a regular DD has very few chances to survive when encounters 2 such French DD's, even if is using smoke to hide or run. I've seen too many times gunboats shooting "blindly"  in smoke and destroying whatever was there, so I cannot ignore the fact (I put commas because the shooter can see if the shells hit the water or impact/explode on something else, it's about skills). Then the gunboats (in this case a branch without smoke capabilities) hide in the freshly killed DD's smoke, capping. Job done. 

So... your argument is invalid.

Fast DD are nothing new in this game. Maybe you should play more DD to learn how to handle them. Even my slow Shira can evade DD like Minsk or Leningrad. It is all about map awareness. Maybe you have a weakness there?

Second one - "The rest of the map was yours, there is nothing worse than your 3 DD going one place". Really, now...

They weren't and they didn't had to be in the same place, that's the point.

Then why are you talking about it?

If you would have more battles than posts, you would notice that in many cases the Domination Mode has the bases close one to another.

I have more battles in french DD than you.... :cap_old:

I remember someone said to you some time ago that he wanted you to disappear. Guess what, I want exactly the same thing, and there are many more players who feel the same. Your posts are unwelcome by many, and once again, I state that you are paid by the WG for these (now we have circumstantial evidence). The last Twitch stunt proves that. So... could you?

I suggest to whine some more, maybe your problem will disappear. Sounds like a surefire plan :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[SICA]
Players
218 posts
25,730 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Useless, made up personal attacks of someone lacking arguments.

Fast DD are nothing new in this game. Maybe you should play more DD to learn how to handle them. Even my slow Shira can evade DD like Minsk or Leningrad. It is all about map awareness. Maybe you have a weakness there?

The why are you talking about it?

I have more battles in french DD than you.... :cap_old:

I suggest to whine some more, maybe your problem will disappear. Sounds like a surefire plan :Smile_great:

's not useless. Not at all. You may never know when someone is in position to prove it. "Coincidences" like the Twitch prize one give us no reasons to trust you or the WG, considering how toxic you are in the forum. Deflecting the discussion doesn't mean you nailed it. Yeah. Proves my point:Smile_veryhappy:, since Minsk or Leningrad don't have access to T9 upgrades like Mogador (Main Battery Modification 3). And no, it's not about map awareness (which I have, btw), since we talk about first minutes close combat during the capping. The regular DD just wakes up in front of one or even two T9 French DD's equipped to the teeth = sudden death. If you're wondering, I wasn't sailing any of the regular DD's I talked about. However, I talk for them and for the team, who lacked the firepower to counterattack these fast attacks. I would like to watch your "skills" in higher tiers, when a Mogador (or two) come at you with 54.8 knots (you already have your own speed, which makes you get closer&faster). I'm sure you would fail.

"I have more battles in french DD than you" is childish. It proves my point once again. You post much and play less. At least it would be something if your posts would have any quality&importance in improving the game or helping players. Unfortunately, they don't. And that says a lot about you. In real life, toxic sad beings like you are ignored and kept away. Me? I wouldn't cross the street to :etc_swear:on your head if it was on fire. 

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
24,018 posts
13,516 battles
12 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

Coincidences" like the Twitch prize one give us no reasons to trust you or the WG, considering how toxic you are in the forum.

Bank accounts are a foreign concept to you?

13 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

Deflecting the discussion doesn't mean you nailed it.

That is why you bring up personal attacks... because you are so on topic :fish_palm:

14 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

The regular DD just wakes up in front of one or even two T9 French DD's equipped to the teeth = sudden death.

His own fault for sleeping. Other people do just fine. Btw you were complaining about french DD as a whole, not the Tier IX. Are you changing your argument?

15 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

"I have more battles in french DD than you" is childish.

Says the one saying  "The one who has more post than battles" :Smile_teethhappy:

You are just comedy gold :Smile_great:

17 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

In real life, toxic sad beings like you are ignored and kept away. Me? I wouldn't cross the street to :etc_swear:on your head if it was on fire.

:Smile_teethhappy:

I bet you do not even realize what you just posted :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[HBS]
[HBS]
Players
13 posts
8,119 battles
On 8/26/2019 at 10:08 AM, vizihulla said:

how does it effect divisions?

we did a lot of T8 games lately, and actually i did found the MM better.not only less TX games, but only a few real sh*tty ones (all TXs, 2-3 T8s), and hade some T8s with 1-4 T9 and TX in it. that one is actually okay, i don't mind that.

dunno if it's working as intended or i was just lucky :)

now i know. i was just lucky, it's not working, still the same sh*t. unless WG considers a 5 TX, 4 T9, 3 T8 games NOT to be TX games

[BULL]
Players
664 posts
7,591 battles

The two tier span is a problem on ALL levels, my fear is that by making special effect to fix the T8 problem it will just get pushed down to T6 and T7

Way to go if you are trying with other incentives to get more players in the mid tiers.

If I was to get 40% up tier only that means the other 60% is same tier or down tier that means more 2 level splits at T6 and T7.

MM road map (add slurred speech and accent for effect if you want)

"Iz no problem! I can do same on T7"

"oh! problem have moved to T6"

"Iz no problem! I can do same on T6"

"oh! problem have moved to T5"

The reason it manifests at T8 is simple T10 is top tier they have no +1 so it stands to reason the problem would occur most noticeably at Two tiers down T8

This problem happens at all tiers, it is just not as prominent because they are to removed from the top (End) tier.

Just go for +1 OR -1 because all the time it is +1 and -1 someone will get two tier difference, it is simple logic!

Expand to +/-1 at low server times.

More importantly sort out the balance with CV and Radar

1 CV per game (or dd suffer badly)

4 dd max (I still get to many games with 5, I even had one with 7) and I play dd

Even out the Radar Split, 4 on one team and none on the other is a joke, it could have been 2 on each.

You have been give a bucket load of suggestions yet you determine the T8 problem is the answer, and what a complicated system you come up with to try that.

+1 OR -1, less code, less to go wrong, more robust and more reliable, less monitoring meaning less overhead.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,151 posts
15,202 battles

I've been grinding out 22 lines in four years and I've never had a problem with +2/-2 MM.

The changes goes into effect after playing 20 games in the same tier. Not after playing 20 games. So after playing 40 games in the same tier you should have a picture of what the results were.

• Cool 1