20 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,418 posts
4,348 battles

Captains! :cap_rambo:

Plenty changes have been made with UI:

Battle Chat

Players will be introduced to an updated battle chat system. The reworked system has simpler settings options and reduces the scope of undesirable information incoming from other players.

• We’ve improved the arrangement of the battle UI elements and added new functions.
  • Players will be able to block tactical commands and text messages from specific players.
  • Players will be able to enable or disable battle chat via the Game Settings menu.

Additionally, a system limiting the number of uses for the "Attention to Square" command within a short period of time will be added into the game.

Port Interface

We regularly add new ships and entire branches to the game. Because of that, the Tech Trees of some nations have perhaps become too extensive and many players have hundreds of ships in their Ports. That's why we decided to update the Tech Tree and the ship carousel in the Port. Now players will be able to find any desired ships more easily.

More information you can find in update publication.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,675 posts
14,009 battles
7 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Players will be able to enable or disable battle chat via the Game Settings menu.

Will this be shown in the team line up?

I wouldn't want to waste my time on a "teamplayer" having his chat disabled.

Players
2,425 posts
20,879 battles

Yoshino is missing from the Tech Tree. Even though it is currently offered in the Armory.

Also Marblehead,, Emden, Campbelltown, Duke of York, Gallant, Aigle,  Prinz Eugen, Bourgogne, Jean Bart and I've probably missed some. All of which are currently sold through the Armory and should show up in the Tech Tree without any mods if I'm not mistaken.

[ALYEN]
Players
1,652 posts
3,652 battles

Tech tree finally looks usable :-) thanks.

However the internal http browser has issues ? Premium shop works, Armory does not, News section does not work as well ... is it just me ?

[WTFNO]
Players
597 posts
10,409 battles

Filters in port UI (eg ship tier) keep resetting. UI still feels laggy.

Are you guys even testing the updates before rolling them out ?

Players
2,425 posts
20,879 battles

UI is devastatingly sluggish. The worst ever.

When the pre-battle team list comes up, it's slow like rolling down a window blind.

In Port, the carousel takes several seconds to scroll to a ship selected from the tech tree.

Seriously it gets worse with each "improvement".

Disappointingly, also still no

• demount all signals button
  • flag profiles / ship profiles
  • decent contacts management

and the more free commander resets we get, the more I think about how great it would be if you could reset individual skills instead of having to reset the whole build every time.

It wouldn't even impact WG's bottom line, or if anything, increase doubloon spending because people would just do it so much more often.

On the plus side, the howling of my chassis fan in port stopped yesterday, but that was before the patch and after my GPU driver update.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
9,391 battles

Since the bug report channel is closed:

When playing aircraft carriers if you press "F" immediately after dropping a ship your remaining planes keep hovering above that spot instead of returning to the carrier.
After a while (30-60 seconds or so) they just teleport back to the CV (the number of available planes jumps up when the icon disappears from the battle and minimap). It doesn't seem like they get affected by AA in the meantime.

Pls fix it so the planes actually return to the CV the normal way.

I've already reported this bug a few patches ago, but it doesn't seem like it was fixed then, so here it is again.
Cheers.

Players
2,425 posts
20,879 battles

Currently, in port, I can either zoom or turn the camera around the ship but not both.

By default, it's only zoom. When clicking on a feature from the spec list, like a turret or what have you, and it zooms in, then I can rotate but no longer zoom back out.

If that's intentional, I like it less than before.

Although once you go through the dance, the camera movements seems to return.

[WTFNO]
Players
597 posts
10,409 battles
5 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Disappointingly, also still no

• demount all signals button

You might want to try the Modstation, the demount all is in it now (although it is kinda slow, since it actually demounts flags one by one)

Players
2,425 posts
20,879 battles
Vor 20 Minuten, AmiralPotato sagte:

You might want to try the Modstation

It's also in the Aslain mod pack. But that is beside the point.

Players have been asking for this feature literally for years. I've made it my mission to be a pain about things like these.

[-MCD-]
Players
44 posts
8,586 battles

so ive already posted this in general feedback but ill post my bug here too.

i cant access armoury, news, clan tab, inventory or premium shop. all i get is the spinning loading wheel. ive verified my local files in steam. but no joy.

please investigate.

many thanks

[B-O-V]
Players
28 posts
16,212 battles

I have same problem as Carramber1, I can't access News, Clan Tab, Naval Battles, Inventory or Premium Shop.   Is there a solution?

[WG]
WG Staff
4,418 posts
4,348 battles
V 22. 8. 2019 v 12:09 Hugh_Ruka řekl/a:

Tech tree finally looks usable :-) thanks.

However the internal http browser has issues ? Premium shop works, Armory does not, News section does not work as well ... is it just me ?

Před 4 hodinami Carramber1 řekl/a:

so ive already posted this in general feedback but ill post my bug here too.

i cant access armoury, news, clan tab, inventory or premium shop. all i get is the spinning loading wheel. ive verified my local files in steam. but no joy.

please investigate.

many thanks

Před 4 hodinami book__123 řekl/a:

I have same problem as Carramber1, I can't access News, Clan Tab, Naval Battles, Inventory or Premium Shop.   Is there a solution?

can you guys please create a WG Check and send it to me via PM? Thank you :cap_like:

[ALYEN]
Players
1,652 posts
3,652 battles
3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

can you guys please create a WG Check and send it to me via PM? Thank you :cap_like:

looks like it was temporary problem on WG web server side .... works for me today ... I guess patch day caused some connection limit overflows ?

Players
2,425 posts
20,879 battles

Another thing is still missing even though the player base has been asking for it for years on end. To the contrary, it has yet again been made worse with the introduction of Smolensk where the smoke is in the fourth slot while everybody of course expects it in third.

We need

Consistent Hot Key Bindings for the Consummables.

Edited by floribe2000
removed formatting
  • Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Players will be able to block tactical commands and text messages from specific players.

Thank you very much for that.

Beta Tester
181 posts
8,019 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 4:48 PM, YabbaCoe said:

We regularly add new ships and entire branches to the game. Because of that, the Tech Trees of some nations have perhaps become too extensive and many players have hundreds of ships in their Ports. That's why we decided to update the Tech Tree and the ship carousel in the Port. Now players will be able to find any desired ships more easily.

Actually the changes make no diference. The ship carousel still doenst allow me to hide ships i dont usualy use. It used to but that changed some updates ago, still no idea why .:Smile_amazed:

Now i whant to hide all of the arpeggio ships  but i cant. I can only hide their camo . That makes no sense.

Why cant i just choose the ships i whant to see in my carousel ? Why im i force to have them all there and not just some?

It look a logical option to me.

• Cool 1

Players
5,148 posts
On 8/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Another thing is still missing even though the player base has been asking for it for years on end. To the contrary, it has yet again been made worse with the introduction of Smolensk where the smoke is in the fourth slot while everybody of course expects it in third.

We need

Consistent Hot Key Bindings for the Consummables.

^ This!

Confusion! That's the key thing here. Couldn't agree more with the entirety of what you posted! :Smile_honoring:

While it may amuse our dear devs at Confusion Institute (Lesta Studios) that players get confused in the heat of battle and end up messing up their consumable usage (those things ain't free, WG....) I for one, don't like it one bit. :Smile-angry:

Sign in to follow this