[WG]
WG Staff
4,418 posts
4,348 battles

Captains! :Smile_honoring:

Due the installation of the Update, teh server will be unavailable

Until: Thu. 22 Aug. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) 

Update size: 1 GB

Update 0.8.7 continues the cycle of updates focusing on French destroyers. Take part in the new Stage of the French event: research the French destroyer branch; gather the new collection; and obtain the new unique Commander, Philippe Auboyneau.

All information about upcoming changes you can read in our portal article

Players
2,422 posts
20,865 battles

Those Marine Nationale Combat Missions, that you can only do with the French DDs and that give 250 Republic tokens. Was it always clear that the deadline ended a week after the new patch, where you could grind the ships instead of praying for a ship drop? Or did they even extend the deadline? Because that is the feeling that I'm getting.

You see, WG are singularly adept at ticking off their players.

First they give them this exhausting grind, even after lots of complaints about the past few grinds being too grindy. They of course get more complaints about this latest grind being too grindy and them being too stingy with the ship drops. Which of course doesn't keep lots of users from grinding for the rewards because they think they only have until today.

Then WG extend the deadline, and the rewards - you can now buy loads of silver, French Riviera camos and even Premium days for Republic tokensm beside the previously offered Permanent camos - thus creating another, even more brutal five-day grind.

And all that of course at the same time WG release another AA update, so the CVs are out en masse to try and see if they can once again blap everybody without risk. When CVs are of course the main hard counter to French DDs, making this grind completely crazy.

Sadism is really the only logical explanation.

shot-19.08.22_09.43.46-0842.jpg

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,615 battles

I just got the Smolensk but when I use a captain with AFT the range of the main guns doesn't change.

[VLOOT]
[VLOOT]
Players
262 posts
18,937 battles

If you are close to the mountains, your shells go through the mountains but they don't do damage to the enemy ships.

Very annoying when you play a cruiser and you want to position your self in the right place for lobbing shells.

• Cool 1

[VLOOT]
[VLOOT]
Players
262 posts
18,937 battles
1 hour ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I just got the Smolensk but when I use a captain with AFT the range of the main guns doesn't change.

How do you get the Smolensk?

[VLOOT]
[VLOOT]
Players
262 posts
18,937 battles

I had my sound settings on Ultra, 2 games in a row my sound stopped working (while I could listen to Youtube f.i.).

After restarting it would work in port but within 1-2 minutes in a game it would start cracking up and stop completely.

In the 3rd game I set my sound settings from Ultra to high and now the sound is working stable for 4 games.

Conclusion:

before 8.7 I could have Ultra settings, after 8.7 not anymore.

I use motherbord sound of the ROG Maximus Formule IX, specs:

Supreme FX S1220 Codec

ESS ES9023P High Defenition DAC

[ALYEN]
Players
1,649 posts
3,642 battles
22 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

That would interest me as well ... anything internal web browser related (Armory, News ...) does not work for me since patch ....

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Seems like you broke the servers, once again... Nothing is opening, even the forums are displayed as ****. I cannot contact support because I've been logged out and when I click to login, it redirects me to the home page, still logged out. 

html.jpg

[R4A]
Players
497 posts
19,501 battles

I loved new CV autopilot system. Thank you very much! But there is a little problem with new AA sector settings in CV. How can we use sector AA while flying? 

[GRON]
Players
2 posts
11,227 battles

Since the update 0.8.7 the armory is blank and i can't see any content when i press the tab.

I had the same problem with my pt account while testing the update.

It seems the bug hasn't been fixed.

Beta Tester
93 posts
4,971 battles
3 hours ago, ZirSaidin said:

Since the update 0.8.7 the armory is blank and i can't see any content when i press the tab.

Same here, the game works fine, i can play games and get Chests, even the directive screen works, the only things that dont work are the Clan screen, Premium Shop and Armory....

Edit: The News section doesn't work either

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
17,615 battles
6 hours ago, RamboCras said:

With coal in the armory.

Players
2 posts
6,691 battles
8 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Seems like you broke the servers, once again... Nothing is opening, even the forums are displayed as ****. I cannot contact support because I've been logged out and when I click to login, it redirects me to the home page, still logged out. https://i.ibb.co/YZBMRww/forum.jpg

Since updating to 8.7 today I am unable to connect to the servers, but WOT and WOA will connect?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I have no issues at the moment.

It was this morning and lasted a few hours. I couldn't do anything WG-related. Even the forums and websites from WG were loading forever and then displayed in basic HTML, no CSS at all.

Note that I've tested the connection and had no issues at all with any other website, including the heavy ones like running a YT video in 4K.

I reported it to WG just as a heads up but as usual - they tried to convince me it's me, not them. And then gave me a template with useless information for noobz. I regret writing a ticket. So far they never solved anything, they just pissed me off with their template replies not even reading what I'm writing.

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Capping bug present.

I was in the cap together with a DD and I got "captured" instead of "assisted captured". Not sure what the DD got but something is not right.

[MORIA]
Players
7,476 posts
37,173 battles
1 minute ago, Palubarac said:

Capping bug present.

I was in the cap together with a DD and I got "captured" instead of "assisted captured". Not sure what the DD got but something is not right.

Sometimes it happens. How long the other DD was in cap?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Sometimes it happens. How long the other DD was in cap?

Not sure really. But he wasn't just entering or anything like that. He was well in the cap, almost in the middle of it.

[MORIA]
Players
7,476 posts
37,173 battles
1 minute ago, Palubarac said:

Not sure really. But he wasn't just entering or anything like that. He was well in the cap, almost in the middle of it.

Ah. So it's very weird...

Players
525 posts

Reposting this in the UI thread.

[[Since patch, the ship display setting panel doesn't remember sorting by 'captain available' after restart; no mods installed. Bug or am I missing a setting?]]

[-MCD-]
Players
44 posts
8,580 battles

ok i too am suffering from not being able to access my armoury, clan tab, news & inventory....

i cant even access the premium shop!

i access my client through steam, ive verified the local files as per steam property options for wows but no change.

please look into this asap!

[B-O-V]
Players
28 posts
16,212 battles
51 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

ok i too am suffering from not being able to access my armoury, clan tab, news & inventory....

i access my client through steam, ive verified the local files as per steam property options for wows but no change.

I have same problem, except I don't access through Steam, just the Game Center.  Can't access Premium Shop, Armoury, News, Clan tab, Naval Battles.      Is there a solution please?

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
On 8/22/2019 at 10:05 AM, Hanse77SWE said:

Do you have any video/replay that you could provide including WGcheck?

On 8/22/2019 at 11:40 AM, RamboCras said:

If you are close to the mountains, your shells go through the mountains but they don't do damage to the enemy ships.

Very annoying when you play a cruiser and you want to position your self in the right place for lobbing shells.

This is a know bug. We can't do much for now. We've made sure that shells going through map texture don't take any dmg.
Sorry for that.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Palubarac said:

Seems like you broke the servers, once again... Nothing is opening, even the forums are displayed as ****. I cannot contact support because I've been logged out and when I click to login, it redirects me to the home page, still logged out. 

There were some issues with local ISPs as far as I remember.

23 hours ago, ZirSaidin said:

20 hours ago, PziCrow said:

The keybinding setup resets to default after closing down the gameclient and logging back in.

19 hours ago, Wilhelm_von_Tegetthoff said:

Same here, the game works fine, i can play games and get Chests, even the directive screen works, the only things that dont work are the Clan screen, Premium Shop and Armory....

Edit: The News section doesn't work either

16 hours ago, Teumessian_Fox said:

Experiencing fractured graphics and invisible/see-through ships after latest update.

3 hours ago, Carramber1 said:

2 hours ago, book__123 said:

I have same problem, except I don't access through Steam, just the Game Center.  Can't access Premium Shop, Armoury, News, Clan tab, Naval Battles.      Is there a solution please?

Could you do a WGcheck and send it directly to me?
or follow this path: