You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Submarines are Coming

262 comments in this topic

Players
106 posts
185 battles
On 8/26/2019 at 5:16 PM, ToddVanObben said:

Why all the lament? I am really happy that WG tries to innovate, broaden the game, give me UBOATS on top of all the rest, challenge me to learn new stuff - all for free? If the boats ruin everything, its time to complain.

How disheartening it must be for the devs to spend months working on something, invest passion, hundreds of man-hours for modelling, interface-rework, conceptual work, spending many evenings off-work thinking about nothing else but u-boats and how to make them work - and then have thousands of grumpy guys having nothing but complaints. 

People are grumpy because it appears that they have learned little from cv rework, adding a controversial game mode most people don't want especially in the way these dev's seem intent on doing, bb speed, invisibility and homing torpedoes, dodging cv planes every 30 seconds while now being torp'd by an invis class with homing torps, why would you want to play a bb lol. CV will still focus dd, dd then can't hunt cos they got focused down, cv and subs just do what they want with no counter play. I just watched the game play from Subs question and answer vid and its a bit worrying to see an actively turning BB look like he has successfully dodged the torps only for them to turn and home in on the BB. But most alarmingly is their in insistence that dd will be an effective counter...I just don't see how (granted we don't have all the info yet).

Currently dd are focused by the CV almost immediately the game starts, and yet the devs seem to think while they are the focus of the cv under attack and spotted by air and with anti dd play from other dd's torping in their direction and dodging gunfire from other ships many with radar among other things that the dd player is just gonna be led by the nose by the sub as he tries to reach the plotting circles in time to drop depth charges. They show beautiful footage of dd's attacking these subs chasing the circles and on every bit of footage I have seen there are no planes around and no other ships shooting. There is also mention of 2 subs per game, imagine 2 subs and 2 cv in a game. That's gonna be so much fun lol. I stopped spending on this game at xmas now as a FREE to play game its ok to log in occasionally and play a couple of rounds but i'm pretty sure that kind of commitment from a big chunk of the player base is not what WG need to keep the game profitable.

They just continue to hammer square pegs in round holes while expecting players to stick around through upto a year of painful balancing.

Footnote: I absolutely think CV and subs should be in the game they were after all a massive part of the games era of choice, but damn in these forms both cv and subs are a massively frustrating mechanic for many players, who I am guessing don't play games to be constantly frustrated but play them for fun. You want fun it seems just play cv and now subs, then your golden.

• Cool 2

Players
106 posts
185 battles
On 8/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, MrWinter said:

But do u think that the people who fought in The Second World War , had a choice ?

No but we do, I for one play maybe 2 hours a week now instead of the 2-3 hours most days and I now spend zero money on the game. If that's what WG are aiming for then they succeeded. If players are not happy with the game at the moment then either quit or adapt your playing hours and style to shoehorn in these controversial recent mechanics. The game is what it is, a great game going bad, but it's still playable, and sometimes fun but less and less with each badly implemented update. It's gone from a must play to an occasional play game for me. It's all down to choice in the end, play the game how you want too.

• Cool 1

Players
13 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 11:58 PM, fightsteel said:

Actually the allies had homing torpedo for aircraft for sub hunting based on acoustic noise from the propellers! The way this new homing works is active acoustic homing as the direction can be determined by the player not passive decided by the torp. Active acoustic homing didn't exist until a lot later so no they shouldn't get this tech.

The German Subs had homing torpedoes, ladder profile torps, run circle pattern torps during WW2. End of story.

Not sure why you are counter-signalling me on this, I'm not making up WW2 history. Also, WOWS takes a very lenient view on time-frames. We have 1950s Warships in the game playing against WW2 era ships. LOL.

So homing torps, Cold War subs aren't that crazy.

Players
6 posts
1,922 battles

After watching some fotage from the test games i have to say..... i am impressed,

and..

at all the winers out there.......

Subs just take the place of all thouse anoying sneek torpedo Destroyers that are TBH once you get past Tire 6 completly USLESS except agenst scrubbs who constanly drive in straght lines and never cheack the miny map or even listen to torpedo warnings.

Also from the gameplay vids.. all you HE spammers should be fine as Subs have 0 armour and should be splated like flies by HE.

Players
9 posts
8,388 battles
On 8/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, DarthDon49 said:

You shouldn't accuse folks of being racist when it only shows YOUR ignorance. "White man speak with forked tongue." was a phrase Amerindians used hundreds of years ago. 

p.s. The term "Native American" was made up by politicians, there is no such thing, the people Columbus met immigrated to the Americas from Siberia and weren't the first humans there either. DNA proved that years ago.

By this logic we should all move back to Africa! :D

Now back to stuff that actually matters: GIVE CL's & CA's THE ANTI SUB ABILITIES THE MODELS SHOW THESE SHIPS TO HAVE!

• Cool 1

[CAPT]
Players
471 posts
12,213 battles

Many Europeans and Orientals have some Neanderthal DNA, so NO.

As for anti-submarine capabilities, the Japanese gave depth charges to almost every ship they had. Even the Hosho carried a few depth charges.

Players
372 posts
2,446 battles

As with CV's I suspect submarines will be at their most effective and fun when played in Ops.

As such, I am mainly only interested in the teir 6 offerings so try an make those interesting @WG. :)

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
114 posts
10,078 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, orlathebeast said:

this is not gonna be like the CV REEEEwork.

I'm sure it won't be.

[IRON7]
Players
114 posts
10,078 battles

I've just read thru all these posts and my main take away about this discussion on Subs..... this will be similar to the (imo disastrous) CV rework.

Did WoWS listen to the forumites about reworking CVs? No.

Will WoWS listen to the forumites about Subs? Again, No.

The clear majority of the forum comments about the CV rework were against that.

A good number of the forum comments here about Subs are against them.

In both cases, WoWS Decisions were made well before any Forum 'window dressing' discussions occurred.

Will I play Subs? I will play them simply to try to sink the farce reworked CVs - that is my plan. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1